[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do modern RPGs have such poor variety when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: bof2.png (103KB, 1035x200px) Image search: [Google]
bof2.png
103KB, 1035x200px
Why do modern RPGs have such poor variety when it comes to party members?
>>
Waifus sell and people can't handle anthropomorphic characters nowadays.
BoF-series has a nice variety.
>>
>>381581483
Normalfags can't roleplay, so they don't like characters they can't self-insert as.
>>
>>381581891
gamers can't roleplay at all
>>
FFIX had the best party because it had Garnet, the love of my life, the most beautiful woman I have ever met, she's so beautiful, she's so sweet, she's so loving, I want to marry her, I want to spend my life with her, she's so beautiful I just can't stop thinking about her, I never want her to leave my side, I cried when I finished the game because I knew my journey with Garnet was over. I'll need experimece this again for the first time, I love her so much I just can't imagine life with any other woman.
>>
File: shiness-lightning-kingdom (1).jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shiness-lightning-kingdom (1).jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
Kinda depends on you taste.
>>
File: 1496413019116.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496413019116.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>381581483
>Variety
>Posts a game where 90% of the cast is made up of furries
>>
>>381581483
Waifus sell, and characters are now dictated in board-room meetings based on data collection.
Male characters are either inserts, "funny" useless guys, or the faggot rival who is there for the yaoi audience.
>>
>>381581483

it forces developers to think and that's racist!
>>
File: thinking emoji.jpg (6KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.jpg
6KB, 210x230px
>>381581483
>all the guys have different body shapes and faces
>all the girls have basically the same physique and are all generic monster girls
>>
>>381581483
Please tell me this is a stealth BoF thread right?
>>
For pixel art animations are usually pretty simple, and for early 3D models you can make things look up to par by taking the same model and replacing textures. That way you can re-use a lot of the same assets for characters that look very different and get away with it. In a modern game with fully modeled equipment and much better animations you can't get away with that anymore, and it's significantly more effort to design for different body types than it would be to make everybody look mostly the same.

For instance, most armor in WoW was just a texture that was applied to your character's model. That way to make an armor set for every race in the game it was just the same texture across the board and no extra modeling work was required. Meanwhile in a much more modern looking game like FFXIV every race looks more or less the same because the moment you make a race with a different skeleton or body type than the others you double the amount of armor set assets needed.
>>
>>381582373
to be fair bof2 was released well before furries became anything more than a very rare niche
>>
File: =K=_55.jpg (625KB, 1079x1500px) Image search: [Google]
=K=_55.jpg
625KB, 1079x1500px
>>381582723
stealthily stealth
>>
>>381584375
>>
File: =K=_48.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
=K=_48.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>381584476
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.