[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cheat code unlocks everything Then what's the point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

>cheat code unlocks everything
Then what's the point of playing the game?
>>
Because hopefully the game is enjoyable in and of itself.
>>
Have you tried not using the completely optional cheat code?
>>
File: delete_this_2.jpg (94KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
delete_this_2.jpg
94KB, 864x960px
>>381567369

op, are you retarded? maybe dont use the fucking cheat code?
>>
>>381567369
>want to play a fighting game with someone
>half of the characters are locked by default
>>
>>381567465
>>381567617
Why does it exist in the first place?
It's like a game asking you if you want to win or not. "Click here to win the game". Literally no difference.
>>
Youre not forced to use them
>>
>>381567691

You have to specifically seek them out and don't know they exist until you do. If you can't tell the difference between that and an explicit win button, you're a dumbster
>>
>>381567691
>Why does it exist in the first place?

Debugging
Experimenting

>It's like a game asking you if you want to win or not.

Name a game that openly tells you what the cheat codes are in-game
>>
>>381567725
Why not use it if it's there? It's like if you have a racing game and you choose to hold the breaks for a while just to make it harder and "enjoyable".
>>
>>381567691
It exists for people who want it. You lose nothing by it being in the game and it takes all of 5 minutes to code in a whole bank of them, so you don't lose out on any part of the experience.

Fucking mentally deficient Frogposting Tumblrite.
>>
>>381567369
>content is enjoyment

Hello Ubisoft employee.
>>
>>381567836
>>381567829
Doesn't matter, it takes a few seconds of googling.
>>
>>381567959
>it takes a few seconds of googling.
You didnt answer my question, dummy
>>
>>381567926
It defeats the whole purpose of unlocking stuff is my point. Why put unlockables if you can have them with a cheat. Why not just let everything open from the start?
>you can win this super hard race that takes many attempts to win this car
>or you can type this 6 letter code to unlock ALL the cars
>>
>>381567850
You can also import a completed save file on PC. Does that mean all PC games are pointless?

Cheat codes have a few uses. If you're returning to a game you've beaten with no save data you can instantly get back up to speed, or if you just wanna break the rules for fun the option is there.

If you care about natural progression and playing the game as intended obviously just do that. You can skip to the final chapter of a book too if you want, but no one does that because the process of working your way through the book is the fun part.
>>
>>381567959

Don't google it if you don't want it.

Is this the state of /v/? Are people this fucking stupid that they get mad about things they have the option to not use?
>>
>put it unlock everything cheat code
>voice clip saying "THAT'S RIGHT STRAIGHT TO THE TOP!" plays
>>
>>381568082
You never asked one, turbo retard.
>>
>>381567369
I liked them for racing games, they're great if you don't have a memory card/completed save and you want to race at the highest level.
>>
File: 1485175315630.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485175315630.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>381568094

For the people who want instant gratification.

Don't want to use it? Don't.

Hang yourself, dumb ass.
>>
>>381568094
everything should be open form the start in everything except an rpg
>>
>>381568108
What's the point of having unlockables then?
>>381568095
Well if you import a save file it will have the other person's name and it will mean at least one person had to play the whole game so the sense of accomplishment still exists.
>>
>>381568094

If you wonder why unlockables exist when cheat codes do, just use the chest code and unlock everything

People who enjoy the unlocking experience for the natural dopamine rush of progress it provides when you feel like you've earned it can just play normally. If they don't Google "chest codes x game" they won't even know It's possible to do it any other way

Woah! Both parties can be satisfied. The magic of cheat codes!
>>
>>381568336

ok, this is bait. Lol there is no way you are dumb enough to believe that copying and pasting someone else's file into your game folder gives more of a sense of accomplishment than copying a sequence into the game itself.
>>
>>381568609
That's not what I meant, how much of a retard can you be? I meant a sense of accomplishment for the person who actually played the game for the first time, not the one who copy pastes it, fucking idiot.
>>
>>381567369

>harnessing electricity unlocks everything
Then what was the point of using slave labor for thousands of years.

Shit universe, God, I rate it 0/10.
>>
I modded GTA and I've spent literally dozens of hours not playing a single mission or anything, just fucking around with cars and their speed and guns and people and shit
>>
>>381568706

Your original argument

>if you can do x to unlock everything then why not use it if it's there?

Counter-argument

>Why not use imported PC saves? That option is just as available to you

Your response

>someone at some point in time unlocked all that stuff

This makes no sense and has no bearing on the point you dummy
>>
>>381568942
That makes sense considering most missions in GTA are idiotic and the plot is always painfully boring.
>>
>>381567836
Spore
>>
>>381569034
If you import someone else's save, usually when you start the game you have to click on some other dude's name. That dude must have felt accomplished but not you.
If you type the cheat you will see it as if you unlocked it yourself. Still pretty much the same shit though, they should have some way to force you to use your own saves.
>>
>>381569135

Ironically spore would totally benefit from a "skip this phase" button
>>
>>381567959
>get a game
>instantly google a list of cheat codes
>complain online to strangers about the game being too easy
I don't understand you, dude.
>>
>>381569213
>If you type the cheat you will see it as if you unlocked it yourself
I thought the entire point of this retarded thread is that you don't feel a sense of accomplishment from using cheat codes. So now they're better than other ways of circumventing the gameplay somehow?
>>
File: 1416960454896.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1416960454896.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>381567850
>people didn't stop replying after this retarded ass post
>>381569407
It's a b8 thread
OP is desperate cumslut begging for (you)s
>>
>>381569213

Ok now I know this is either bait or turbo tism
>>
>>381569603
You are in /v/, obviously the posters are all a bunch of teens that will defend their videogames to death.
>>
Autism
>>
>>381569275
It has an "unlock all phases" cheat.
>>
>>381569935
Says the guy who plays videogames.
>>
if you didn't have a memory card.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.