[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is your daily reminder that Linux is the only viable platform

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (12KB, 545x299px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12KB, 545x299px
This is your daily reminder
that Linux is the only viable platform now that Windows 10 shits the bed on the regular

*NO LINUX SUPPORT? NO BUY*
>NO LINUX SUPPORT? NO BUY
>>
>Steam
pirate master race, everyone else are just pretenders.
>>
File: 1495458282532.jpg (158KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495458282532.jpg
158KB, 1080x1080px
Current available games in linux
https://steamdb.info/linux/
*click on see more* and order by score
there is plenty
>>
autism
>>
File: file.png (327KB, 967x921px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
327KB, 967x921px
>>381565327
more like privacy concerns, and getting tired of my computer performance turning to trash on each new windows update
>>
>i game exclusively on linux
AKA
>I have autism, enjoy being a 3rd class customer among pc gamers who already get the short end of the stick when it comes to support, and girls don't like me
>oh, X game? I only play obscure indie shit and half assed Linux ports sorry
>I am forced to use Ubuntu LTS or SteamOS because devs refuse to answer support tickets or bug reports from other distros as it is impossible to bug test for every Linux distribution especially when linux users are not even 1% in the first place

Linux is pretty sweet but it's a shitty platform for gaming
>>
>>381565854
>Linux is pretty sweet but it's a shitty platform for gaming
pure ignorance
exactly what i am trying to cure posting this
>>
>he fell for the windows 10 meme
>>
>>381565152
What did the sphere tell them?
>>
>>381566142
that SteamOS runs pretty
>>
Still not giving up on the year of Linux thing.
>>
>>381565152
>>381565508
Plenty of shit
>>
File: YEAH.jpg (33KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
YEAH.jpg
33KB, 400x285px
go check your libraries compatibility, bois

http://steam.bravehost.com/
>>
Only western trash gets GNU/Linux ports, sadly.
>>
>>381566468
Nah I don't care
>>
>>381564410
If you were smart, you would dual boot Linux or Windows 7 with Windows 10, Windows 10 would just be used to play games that only support DX12.

>>381564725
Good luck getting some mods exclusive to steam workshop

I personally want that Crib Mod for Saints Row 4
>>
>>381564410
>Windows 10
Uh. And as for the actually good modern Windows OS?
>>
File: Untitled.png (49KB, 1647x371px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49KB, 1647x371px
>>381566706
>DX12
You mean the Windows 10 (On PC) Exclusives.
Cause these are the only games that outright require DX12 currently.
>>
>>381564410
have fun playing nothing lmfao
>>
>>381566706
good luck getting those games on Steam in a matter of a year
Microsoft is going balls deep with their store crap
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 934x915px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 934x915px
>>381567036
>nothing
>>
Linux lacks like half my game library lol
>>
>>381564410
>not dual booting with Windows for games and Linux for everything else
>>
>>381566065
I've tried it before and while I love how Linux distros work when it comes to software distribution and how there's no clutter unless you want clutter you really need to be on Windows if you want to use most software. Linux ports of games are very hit and miss, commercial software is unheard of except for software development tools and server stuff, and open source alternatives aren't a suitable replacement for anything beyond recreational use, once you open a file made in say LibreOffice in its Microsoft Office equivalent the formatting completely breaks.
If I needed just a web browsing machine and maybe light gaming or ran servers then sure Linux kicks ass but anything beyond that is best on closed source.
>>
>dual-boot Win7 and Linux
>order Ryzen 5 + gtx1060
>Win7 does not support Ryzen
Guess I'll be using Linux fulltime now.
>>
>>381567347
i understand your point, because it shows you have tried to go the open route.
the thing is, every game is releasing on Linux too. It is a pretty amazing time for Linux gaming on Steam, and it looks like it is not going to stop.

afaik, unity and unreal engine 4 games are almost trivial to release on Linux

so Windows 10 is trash by the day, Linux is better by the day. In terms of works related stuff, i agree that you may need closed software, but for everything else, it is a pretty sweet deal. SteamOS in particular
>>
I just want things to work and no tinkering my own patches to get basic shit done. This OS is not made for video games
>>
>>381565854
this

it's not exactly "shitty" but you really need a dedicated Windows partition if you're a Linux user who also likes games. A lot of really good games just don't work for Linux, even through WINE.
>>
>>381567961
I'm keeping a Windows partition for gaming until JRPG devs start caring about Linux

they never will
>>
>>381565508
>portal 1 & 2, fault, and euro truck simulator
only games in that pick even worth playing
>>
>>381568404
as i said before
that is only the top of the list, ordered by rating
go to steamdb.info/linux, and click on show more.... there are almost 3K games
>>
>>381568795
I know, I have Steam on Linux. It's mostly mobile-tier shovelware though
>>
Reminder that there is no denuvo on Linux.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.