[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has 3 main campaigns with their own distinct playstyles that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

>has 3 main campaigns with their own distinct playstyles that are fun in their own way
>has a ada campaign ala RE 4
>almost a 40 hour single player experience in one run
>Story is standard RE fare
>Great online that was supported and updated for a good chunk of time
>Fun as fuck co-op and amazing mercenary mode

Why does this get shit on so much again?
>>
>>381559851
It felt like like soulless trash.

>wtf do you mean

Its not <2012 /v/ so I do not have to explain myself.
>>
>>381559851
I never cared about mercs and I don't like how it plays anyway, feels janky to me
>>
>>381559851
I just finished Leon's campaign with a friend and it's fucking abysmal.
I mean I love watching bad movies and that's what RE6 is, a bunch of bad movies, but actually playing them is a different story.
For most of the boss fights in 5/6 I'm at a complete loss for words because they're some of the worst shit I've ever played while still being hilarious because of it.
>>
Boring gameplay, QTEs, none of the characters were good, ridiculous plot trying to take itself seriously, etc

Even if youve never played a Resident Evil before, i cant understand how someone would see this as a good game.
>>
Because it was fucking boring and played like a full blown action corridor shooter with cinematic shit happening every ten seconds. The fact they tried (and failed) to implement some kind of cover system was very telling of what they were trying to turn the game into and it was horrible.
>>
>it's another "retard tries to defend a shitty clusterfuck of a game by saying there is a LOT of shitty clusterfuck so therefore it's good" thread
RE6 was garbage
>>
>>381559851
It's mediocre, is the problem. We've seen all this mess before. Chris's campaign in particular is just boring as fuck. RE used to be about not just the awesome monsters (which this one lacks), but also about the level design. This game is so overwhelming linear with ZEEEEEEEEEERO puzzle elements that it shouldn't even qualify as a Resident Evil game.
>>
>>381561638
uhh this game had plenty of good puzzles, like that one where the camera forcefully pans to a couple of levers to let you know that you and your partner need to pull them at the same time
>>
I literally fell asleep at least 5 times "playing" this. In solo and coop
>>
>>381559851
It managed to make RE5 look like a good game.
Think about that for a second.
>>
>>381561751
I stand corrected
>>
what other RE games have split-screen co op?
>>
>>381559851
>that are fun in their own way
Uh...
>Leon enemies are just QTEs on legs
>All others are the exact same J'avo
Just because Ada has contextual grappling hook moments doesn't make her campaign different from the other two.

The Rasklpanja is the only interesting thing in the entire game.
>>
>>381561916
RE5 would have been good if they kept RE4's weapon upgrade system, made having a coop partner optional, and didn't use a fucking mission select screen to delete the sense of progression from the game. RE6 has the best Merc mode, and the best control scheme for movement. But it also doubles down on the retarded choices in RE5 on top of Capcom having no idea what kind of action game they wanted to make it. Resulting in a handful of great ideas and execution being lost in a mess of boring and/or frustrating shit. It also makes the mistake of taking itself way too seriously.
>>
The game was quite ambitious and had great ideas but it was fucked by having 3 different campaigns, they just failed at tying everything together under one game
>>
File: ex3.png (195KB, 557x450px) Image search: [Google]
ex3.png
195KB, 557x450px
>>381559851
Is there still anyway to unlock the EX 3 costumes on PC? Are there mods to be bale to use them in campaign?
>>
>>381559851
GIRAFFE
BLOWJOB
>>
>>381562038
Anything from 5 onwards. But they do this fucking awful offset bullshit that leaves a third of the screen unused so you have to sit a foot away from the screen
>>
>>381559851
Oh boy, 3 awful campaigns.
the story is fucking shit. The main villain was awful, as was the whole clone angle.
Jake's entire existence was a mistake. Also the fact that the game introduces the fucking goddamn Illuminati into the franchise still pisses me off.
Then there's gameplay shit
Shit like the menu ui changing from character to character is a stupid fucking idea, as is not being able to pause the game, even when looking at settings.
or
The fact that skill points drop 1000000x more than ammo does

RE6 can fuck right off
>>
It basically boils down to
>NOT MUH RE
It was RE4 electric boogaloo
>>
Re5 and 6 where made to target the COD fanbase (not a fucking joke...) while completely ignoring their fanbase thatbrought them to the dance.

RE4 was good because it wasn't TOO over the top, it had a great map layout that had excellent design, enemies, and not completely shitting out QTE's
And the merchent and his locations where great!

RE1-code Veronica where all great because of limited ammo, the ability to backtrack, tank controlls that meant you couldn't score constant headshots, exploration, etc.
I was born in 96, and i can honestly say RE1 on the ps1 and RE2 on N64 where my childhood. Not this new bullcrap that tries to be somthing new but comes up short.

Now im justing waiting for RE2 Remake to be a thing. They announced it 2 years ago and i still haven't seen jack shit about it!
>>
>>381559851
/v/ seriously needs to get fucking woke, all the terrible taste ITT is downright embarrassing. Kiddos will suck the cock off RE4 without even knowing why, and pretend it's the only good game in the series. 6's gameplay and controls are great, about as close to some John Wick as we can get.
>>
>>381559851
>has 3 main campaigns with their own distinct playstyles that are fun in their own way
They're not, they are a clunky boring mess.
>has a ada campaign ala RE 4
Still shit
40 hours of garbage
Which is not good.
>Great online that was supported and updated for a good chunk of time
Hurr mercenaries dlc
>Fun as fuck co-op and amazing mercenary mode
forced co-op ruining the game yet again
>>
>>381559851
>great online
anon pls
>>
>>381559851
The levels, enemies, and boss fights were that fucking bad. The game has great controls but that's just one part of the gameplay. It's why mercenaries is the only redeeming quality in RE6. I wish Jake was in MvCI.
>>
>>381564337
I think your the kid anon. Go play cod or some other action game and leave the Series alone
>>
>>381559954
>soulless trash
Literally the stupidest shit nu /v/ has come up with.

And I don't have to explain to you how stupid you sound. Fucking dipshit motherfucking cunt
>>
>>381564337
>Muh Jonh Wick

Dont even start nigger
>>
>>381559851
>Leon campaign is shit
>Ustanak is bland
>Ada campaign is mediocre, Carla clone story is retarded
>uninteresting art direction
>dark and colorless most of the game
>a lot of QTEs and segments where camera is annoying to deal with
>most Mercs maps are DLC and overall they aren't as good as RE5's maps

It had its moments but overall it's really flawed. I liked it still.
>>
>>381564657
Or I can just sit down and enjoy RE6 for what it is instead of throwing a little bitchfit that the game wasn't trying to pretend it was a horror game in the first place.

Complaining about action invading the series is a fucking null-point now.

>>381564931
I went there and it's true. I hope it triggered your RE6 hateboner too.
>>
>>381559851
i buyed it just for mercenaries no mercy, that mode is really awesome and fun,
>>
File: RE1 release date.png (93KB, 648x363px) Image search: [Google]
RE1 release date.png
93KB, 648x363px
>>381564138
>born in 96
>RE1 on the ps1 and RE2 on N64 where my childhood
Anon, it's perfectly fine to say you played the older ones in your late teens and preferred them. You don't need to lie.
>>
>>381565008
>Something is like another thing that didnt exist yet
>Acting like a spoiler brat

RE6 fags everyone...too wrong,too dumb.
>>
>>381565008
It was, it shows that you never played the originals on there release when games had shit graphics.
And i don't care about horror, i care about gameplay that isn't easy. I prefer limited ammo, puzzle solving, key finding, non headshot/spinning back kick shit show the series became from 4 on. But atleast 4 didn't add retarded gameplay, map design, and enemies.
>>
File: 1498192583059.jpg (61KB, 622x554px) Image search: [Google]
1498192583059.jpg
61KB, 622x554px
Did they ever try to go back and "revise" the logo? Still makes me laugh every time I see it.
>>
>>381565240

Moment of silence for that GOAT combat system that nostalgiafags killed off because they prefer their "spooky" First person corridor sections.

https://youtu.be/fkY8fcbfjqM?t=7m44s

>>381565440
Lol, a "Muh true fan" argument. Have all the games my man, played and beat them all bar CV. Used to have a hateboner for RE6 too but I got over it eventually like a good little boy because I was able to overlook the nuances and appreciate the gameplay.
>>
>>381559851
I played this game recently and had fun. It's a solid 7/10. Too bad there's too much multiplayer modes. They could've spent the resources on single player.
>>
>>381565213
Are you dumb? My older brother (15) gave me re1 when he was done with it when i was 4 and i had RE2 when i was 4. It doesn't need to be a new game to be one of the first games i played
>>
File: re7-screen.jpg (42KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
re7-screen.jpg
42KB, 320x320px
>>381559851
6 is in the past where it belongs. The future of RE has never looked so bright.

Not a Hero when?
>>
>>381565671
Have fun with that shit perspective on a series. You are the cod fanbase capcom was trying to reach.
>>
>>381561916
Fucking this. Cheers anon!
>>
>>381565718
Nah at this point even i want RE7 being a spin off or even better a diferent title...if the RE fans today are kids like OP they dont fucking deserves RE7
>>
>>381562219
>RE4 weapon upgrade system

So fucking tired of this shit.
>>
nigga this is your RE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruo1irxZv7w
>>
>>381559851
40 hours of trash
>>
>>381567103
PURE
KINO
>>
>>381565213
Fucking this. At least be honest and be like 90% of the 20 year olds on /v/ and say you played them later when you were a teenager and not on release day. Different times back then, different kind of hype compared to now.
>>
>>381559851
Get out of here, GamingBrit.
>>
>>381569073
>not reading my comment to his
>assuming 4 years old is a teen
>assuming the game has to be new to play it
>>
>>381559851
Fuck you, I liked it: The game
>>
>>381559851

Chris camp is still shit as is the literaly whos last campaign with rooty tooty cowadoody shooty leons stuff was decent
>>
>>381559851
Are we really asking this, again?
The game isn't all that bad and it obviously has a lot of people who like it but that doesn't mean it's not without it's flaws, blatant, obvious, really big, flaws.

This is the only one I am going to have to say is BS. RE games might have some pretty silly and cheesy stories but at least they're entertaining. The story here, though, is so convoluted. They focused so hard on having the story split in to those 4 view points that they forgot to make it cohesive. We are missing so much of the story that they just didn't keep because the characters were uninvolved and instead they just played the same scenes over and over again. It's not like we got a novel or something, either. If I had a say in it I'd add a chronological mode where the game shifts around chronologically through the story and add cutcenes of all the stuff we're missing.
>>
>>381562683
ECKS
DEE
>>
>>381569073
>>381565213
You're both retarded.
>>
>>381565718
This. RE7 was refreshing and good. My only, and I mean *only* gripe is the molded. Bring back zombies and monsters, molded are lame.
>>
>>381559851
Fuck RE7 was so good boys. Whoda thought a goof of cheese B-movie horror flicks would showcase some of the unironically best storytelling in all of vidya???

And that acting? Shit the VA strike can't go on long enough!
>>
>>381559851
it's not on a Nintendo console
>>
>>381571104

RE4 on nintendo Switch when?
>>
>>381559851
Bad story, bad level design, bad ai, not a puzzle/horror game, nothing to do with RE games except characters
Playing Co-Op is always fun, no matter how shitty the game is
>>
>>381571332
Well, it's on every other platform ever made, won't be long.

RE5 is supposedly the largest selling game in the franchise but I don't know if that includes all releases. If we add up all sells of RE4 on every platform I'm willing to bet it sold more.
>>
>>381560167
>For most of the boss fights in 5/6 I'm at a complete loss for words because they're some of the worst shit I've ever played while still being hilarious because of it.
RE6's bosses weren't that bad actually. A few of them were pretty good, actually.
>>
>>381559851
This game is great but fuck Inferno difficulty.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 471x312px
>>381570998
But REVII do have monsters
>>
>>381565213
I was born in 95 and played RE2 on the 64 when I was a kid. I did play 1 and 3 later though and enjoyed them both.
>>
>>381559851
It's okay, but it feels a bit all over the place. Jack of all trades, master of none. It's alright now with the patches and what not.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.