[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people on the internet shill so much for this piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

File: 61-qnGU+ExL._SL1500_.jpg (116KB, 1500x954px) Image search: [Google]
61-qnGU+ExL._SL1500_.jpg
116KB, 1500x954px
Why do people on the internet shill so much for this piece of shit?

>shit d-pad
>no headphone jack
>SEVENTY dollars
>does nothing that the joycons can't do

I don't understand it. I played Breath of the Wild and Arms with different joycons and the pro-controller and there's exactly zero difference.
>>
It's more comfortable and has a good D-pad. Joycon with grip is tiny as fuck.
>>
>>381555338
Agree. It has a good weight but that's about it.
>>
>>381555338
>no headphone jack
my only complaint, still a pretty banging controller
>>
>>381555338
For awhile didn't the xbox one controller have no headphonr jack?
>>
>>381555338
they think if they shill the pro controller then console bros will readily adopt the switch. they tried to do the same thing with the wiiu
>>
It has similar ergonimics to an Xbone controller.
>>
>>381555338
>>does nothing that the joycons can't do
it's more comfortable, that's about it. plus much better analog stick and button quality.

I love it but still slightly prefer my Xbone S controller. Dualshock 4 is really fucking trash and feels like a last gen controller, and the dualshock 3 was basically a wireless ps2 controller
>>
>>381555338
It's comfy and has pc compatibility
>>
>>381555396
>and has a good D-pad
The D-pad is its biggest flaw.
Go into the button test, hold a direction, then rock your finger back and forth. The diagonals trigger when they shouldn't.
It makes Tetris unplayable.
>>
>>381555338
Hey I actually have been thinking about getting one since I can't stand the fucking joycon's analog sticks and dpad.
>>
>>381555954
There's a third party option coming out next month or so for $30. I would not get the pro controller. The dpad is utter crap.
>>
It's much more comfortable and easy to use, and has an actual fucking d-pad. But yeah, the price is insane. The only reason I paid for one was because I didn't want to constantly be on the lookout for the issue where the left joycon disconnects at random because Nintendo makes the world's shittiest hardware.
>>
>>381555905
yours is fucked, mine triggers exactly when expected on that test
>>
>>381555459
Headphone jack for what? Wich game use the headphone?
>>
>>381556213
he means because he lives with his parents or roommates because he's a millennial
>>
>>381555338

looks like something madkatz would make f
>>
>just bought one today
>don't even have a Switch
Can anyone recommend me a good bluetooth stick so I can connect it to my PC?
>>
>>381556210
i can already tell you it doesn't, unless you want to be the only person in the entire world to document it functioning correctly.
>>
Maybe if the joycons weren't trash (uncomfortable, terrible battery, charging issues, connection issues) people wouldn't have to go out of their way to defend a mediocre yet mandatory controller.
>>
>>381555905
Why are you rocking your finger back and forth instead of pressing left and right without sliding your fingers across the dpad?

I can alternate between dpad left and dpad right as fast as I humanly can without any false inputs. I only get false inputs if I continuously leave my finger on the dpad and mash around.
>>
>>381556213
>Wich game use the headphone?
Every game with sound...
>>
>>381556606
>terrible battery
>charging issues
>uncomfortable
Post a pic of your joycons anon
>>
>>381555338
but when you crush skulls of babies in game
The HD rumble make you feel every piece of bone moving.

But you gotta wait for mario Odessy to experience that.
>>
>>381555553
The xbone controller never had a headphone jack.
It has a weird usb-like connector that you can plug shit into, including a $15 adapter for headphones (although some headphones are made specifically for the connector, personally I use it for a keyboard)
>>
>>381556804
I don't own a switch, I've just used several.
Sorry, I forgot I'm not allowed to have an opinion because I didn't pay my $300 nostalgia tax to nintendo, I'll shut up now.
>>
>>381556606
>terrible battery
holy shit the sonybros
>>
Joycons are fine, though. What do you have, gorilla hands? They SEEM to be too small but 15 minutes in they are max comfy.
>>
>>381556289
f
>>
>>381556213
>>381556269
>anon wants everyone to know he's playing video games because he's so quirky
>>
>>381557060
My cousin's joycons are already down to ~3-4 hours battery max before dying. That's nowhere near acceptable.
>>
>>381557234
lmao

each joycon has a battery life of 20 hours you idiot
>>
>>381557063
Question, does the buttons on the left joycon offer a genuine(enough) d-pad experience?
>>
>>381557234
No it's not. His joycons are fucked. When I was playing botw I was on vacation and was playing for entire days morning to night and could go for about 2-3 days before they would start getting low.
>>
>>381556606
Connection was literally only an issue of the first batch of left joy con, they fixed it on all newer units and repair it for free
>>
The D-Pad IS garbage (ONE FUCKING JOB) but still gets the job done for the most part. Everything else about that controller is pure sex though.

And if I need D-pad for something I can just use the very well done 8bitdo SNES controller :)
>>
>>381556916
my xbone controller has a headphone jack
>>
>>381557308
>>381557351
Good job nerds, you managed to play the switch for a solid 5 days and think you've put usage on them.
My cousin is 12 and the switch is his only system, so he puts 6 hours a day into it, and his joycons are where yours will be in a year and a half assuming you ever decide to dust them off (probably once for mario).
>>381557572
The range is still terrible, unless you live in a hovel.
>>
>>381557663
Good point. Eh, he still got shitty ones though, 3h is not something normal. Sucks to be him I guess.
>>
>>381555338
>Comfy
>Looks nice
>NFC
>HD Rumble
>Can be used on PC
>>
>>381557663
>12
>school
>cousin
>6 hours
something doesnt add up
>>
>hooked my joycon up to my phone
>Can use it to turn the pages when I read comics and manga
>No longer have to claw grip my phone anymore leaving me with carpal tunnel

Thanks Nintendo!
>>
>>381557663
>The range is still terrible, unless you live in a hovel.

What the hell do you play games in a room separate from the actual console or something?
>>
>>381558000
wait, does it work on phones, too? Windows phones???
>>
>>381557663
>this amount of lying
sonybros are hilarious
>>
>>381558193
They can but theres a good bit of input lag so playing games is not an option. But it's fine for navigating comic pages for me.

I'm hoping someone makes an app that can improve the lag and maybe remap the buttons. The PS4 controller had the same problem initially but 3rd parties made apps that solved that.
>>
>>381556415
Why the fuck would you do that?
>>
>Four digital shoulder buttons
>FOUR
>Not even one analog
Fuck industry standards, I guess. Why not just remove a face button too, while we're at it?
>>
>>381555338
That d-pad is p. good my lad, have you tried it?
>>
>>381558790
What do you nee analogs for if you don't play car sims?
Just adds travel time that would be detrimental to all other genres
>>
>>381557314
It works well enough. It's not as good as a D-pad, obviously, but you get used to it
>>
>>381559209
Let me answer your question with another question: Why do you need analog stick for 3D platformers like Mario?
You don't need it, but it provides a much higher level of detail to your inputs. It's industry standard for a reason and every controller should include it, since that's a feature developers expect a controller to have. Not including it will be detrimental to racing games without providing any significant advantage to every other game. No reason not to have them.
>>
File: 1463668957816.png (612KB, 533x663px) Image search: [Google]
1463668957816.png
612KB, 533x663px
>>381555338
I wish it didn't cost 70 dollaroos. It's pretty nice except for the d-pad. Mine is wonky.
>>
>>381559679
yeah but analog sticks are pointless tho
>>
>>381560838
fuck, analogue triggers i mean
>>
>>381558742
It's a nice controller and I want to use it with my PC.
>>
>Steam Controller has gyro that can be put into any game and HD Rumble, the Nintendo Switch Pro's main new features, for 55 dollars, regularly going on sale for 35
>Only thing exclusive to the Nintendo Switch Pro is an amiibo reader
Where is the extra 20 on the pricetag coming from?
Why are people buying a Nintendo controller for 70 that doesn't even have a Nintendo dpad.
Why are the buying a Nintendo console with no good dpad?
>>
>>381560838
>>381560923
I just explained how they aren't pointless. Try reading the post again, think for about 2 minutes, then reply.
>>
>>381561121
I like the dpad. I can try as fast as I want, I can't get false inputs under normal use. Only when I force it through multiple fingers at once.
>>
>>381555338
Because the joycons are nightmarish to actually play games with if you arent a toddler or Todd Howard. The price is a fucking joke and Nintendo trys to pass it off as their equivalent of an elite controller when it should have been the basic one to come with the system.

>>381556916
Launch ones didn't have a headphone jack but all the newer ones do.
>>
>>381557663
Holy shit, even if the joy-cons had shit battery life, is it so hard to charge them when you're not using them?
>>
I'm curious about the D-pad. I felt both the gamepad's and the Wii U pro controller's Dpad were very weird. Was very obvious while playing 2D games where my character would move diagonally while pressing directly up down left or right.
Is the Switch's worse or just the same?
>>
>>381561393
i know what you said, doesn't make it true though. Even in racing games analog triggers don't make any difference
>>
>>381556709
No, that's not what I meant.
Slide your finger to a direction of your choice then rock your finger perpendicular to the centre of the D pad.
It's a known issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM
>>
>>381562648
You're wrong. They do make a difference. They let you have way more control over your acceleration.
Like I said earlier, they're not necessary in order to enjoy a racing game, but neither is the analog stick. You can play Super Mario 64 with digital inputs.
>>
I thought about buying one of those 8bittendo new controlls with the analogs, but the shoulder button placement makes me not want to touch it.

Plus I fear Nintendo might patch away the support and I would be stuck with a useless controller.
>>
>>381555905
Maybe you should lay down the hot-pockets.
>>
File: SFC30_Pro_face.jpg (73KB, 1600x919px) Image search: [Google]
SFC30_Pro_face.jpg
73KB, 1600x919px
>>381555338
Thoughts?
>>
>>381563258
Please see the issue for yourself before laying down the sizzling burns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM
>>
>>381563332
>>381562831
I get that you can force this, but when I actually play games this never happens. Maybe it's because I don't waggle around on the dpad or drag my finger over it.

I just cannot make it happen while playing games, only when I want it to happen and force it.
>>
>>381562928
>They let you have way more control over your acceleration.
not really
>>
>>381563260
would look nice if it didn't look like cheap hollow plastic
>>
>>381563482
It appears when playing Tetris though and it's not an issue for other controllers, so what gives?
>>
>>381563482
All it takes is a microscopic twitch when pressing left or right during tetris to accidentally press up and have the piece drop against your will.
I actually encountered it a lot while accessing the quick menus in BotW but just shrugged it off as a minor annoyance.
Now I'm trying it with 2D games, it's a much, much bigger issue, and doesn't bode well for people interested in playing the 2D platformers from the Virtual Console.
>>
>>381561121
There's technically two of them.

You can buy a single joycon for half the price
>>
>>381563779
They could have two different models. I can't have a dpad in handheld mode
>>
>>381555338
Hoping the Hori one will be a good alternative. Why the fuck would I need HD rumble and motion controls on that shit?!
>>
>>381563694
Get a cheap Pokken controller from gamestop.

It doesn't have analogs, but the Dpad is better then the pro controller.
>>
>>381555338
>shit d-pad
I think it's alright, well it's at least better than the buttons on the joycons ...
>no headphone jack
I agree, but sadly Nintendo wants an app for that
>SEVENTY dollars
Agree.
>does nothing that the joycons can't do
well yeah ... okay? For me this is a plus, that every controller has the same functionality. Unlike the Wii and WiiU, where one game could require a completely different controller setup than another game.

The big plusses for me are: The buttons are much more comfortable and the sticks have a bigger radius, so analogue is more precise than the joycon. Plus I have friends with pretty huge hands, that just can't operate the smaller joycon.
>>
There's no actual d pad on joycons :P
>>
>>381564645
It just werks for any game that supports a pro controller, too.
>>
>>381555338
I don't know why you would ever buy this instead of an extra set of JoyCons considering they cost the same and this has less functionality.
>>
File: voice chat.jpg (2MB, 3000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
voice chat.jpg
2MB, 3000x6000px
>>381555338
I don't get it either. They boast about 40hour battery time, but forget it lasts that long because it doesn't transmit audio back and forth like the other controllers, which then results in unusable retarded voice chat solutions like pic related.

You also forgot to mention it doesn't have analog Triggers, only digital buttons. And it costs more.
>>
>>381560948
Should have bought a Xbone/X360 controller for half the price that is also plug'n'play..
>>
>>381565417
cry harder :)
>>
>>381564645
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm considering the $30 HORI one instead simply because it has all the buttons.
>>
File: PSX-DualShock.png (2MB, 2000x1569px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-DualShock.png
2MB, 2000x1569px
>>381563260
Dpad is still shit. fix that. Also, you're not a child anymore so add handles to that to make it more comfy an- ohhh.... wait a minute!
>>
>>381565417
Do people actually want voice chat in their consoles?
>>
>>381565795
the d-pad on that is fantastic tho
>>
>>381565505
Cry about what?
About my console coming with a real controller, rather than having to spend $70 on top of buying a Switch to use the Pro controller?
I sure am crying about it~
>>
>>381565827
no but sonyfiends will jump on anything they can get
>>
>>381565827
Yes.
>>
I think the Sony vs. Nintendo dpad stuff is super subjective, but they are both pretty much constants over the years.
Whichever one was your first/most played is always your favorite.
>>
>>381565417
or you could just stop beeing retarded and:

use your normal headset you always use for your phone
plug it in
put your phone in your pocket,
Sounds come from your TV
Voice comes from your phone
Just like normal voice chat on other consoles

I'm not trying to defend this shit, just this pretending, that you HAVE to use this setup shown for the Hori Headset is becoming more and more ridiculous.
>>
>>381566307
>put your phone in your pocket,
I dont want to kill my phone's battery or keep it at constant charge. It's retarded

>Sounds come from your TV
I don't want to. That's why I'm using a headset in the first place. What now Anon?

>Just like normal voice chat on other consoles
No, other consoles allow multiple options, the most common being voice AND sound going to the headset. But also voice + sound coming from the TV if you have friends at home who want to chime in (which Switch can't do either, what a failure)

Stop defending this please, it's just desperate on your part. DECADE old consoles and even the Vita do chat better than Switch.
>>
>>381566307
Yeah, and have your TV audio picked up by your microphone, or your headphones dampen the sound from the TV.
>>
>>381566620
I never had any of this problems with my PS4. So i think, it should work with my Switch too.
>>
>>381566618
> Stop defending this please, it's just desperate on your part. DECADE old consoles and even the Vita do chat better than Switch.
>>381566307
>I'm not trying to defend this shit,
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.