[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 25

I am not really into mmo games but this seems more open world sandbox rather than the linear progression style of other games. ESO never interested me because the combat looked terrible but Black Desert looks much more fun. How is the grind and learning curve though?
>>
It's shit, it's the blandest shit. Feels like a Korean MMO through and through. Anyone who tells you otherwise is playing for their waifu rather than their own enjoyment
>>
>>381549735
Learning curve is steep, they don't fully explain alot, but there are some good youtube guides out there.
Combat is enjoyable but the enemies are pretty braindead until you get to ~50+ and start facing elites and doing the boss summons.
>>
So is it worth 8 bucks
>>
>>381550204
If any aspect of it interests you, grab it. I bought it a long time ago but didn't start playing it until the end of last year, it's great.
It's a one-time purchase, no need to buy expansions and shit.
>>
>>381549735
It literally installs some telemetry or bitminer, can't remember which, with it's official installer. And getting rid of that malware is a huge bitch.
>>
>>381549735
It's not a sandbox in the slightest. It's largely a themepark with no real end game and no holy trinity.

It's worth $8, but not any more since there's a cash shop with p2w elements.
>>
>>381550360
I like your attitude anon
>>
I think I spent a total of $120, including the $30 it cost back when I bought it. There was a bunch of sales over christmas, so I got 2 pets, some maids and a two outfits that were seasonal and some other minor things.
I have multiple outfits I got off the auction house and 2 more pets (plus the free penguin they give away for events).
It's pretty chill. Alot of people complain about a lack of end-game, but I don't have a problem with that, I did the whole hardcore raiding thing back in WoW, I'm not attached to it, I really enjoy having a game where I can wander around doing whatever and still be making progress in some form or another, seeing people running around in the cities, everyone's always trying to do something, but still being able to find quiet areas out in the wilderness.
>>
>>381551317
>I really enjoy having a game where I can wander around doing whatever and still be making progress in some form or another, seeing people running around in the cities, everyone's always trying to do something, but still being able to find quiet areas out in the wilderness.
This alone sounds fantastic. I'm so sick of playing WoW and trying to get into raiding, realizing both the guilds I run with and the raids bore me, and quitting.

>>381550445
Can you explain?
>>
>>381549735
I had fun because I played this MMO as a single-player game.
>>
>>381551572
They need more single player games with this amount of shit to do at this low a price point. Seriously.
Give me $10 Dragon's Dogma 2, featuring constant online multiplayer and free expansions including zones and character classes.
>>
>>381551572
>>381551317
>>381551697

With my loss of the appeal towards end-game stuff for MMO]s because of the time commitment, would the gameplay hold up for short bursts for casual play? I.e, just play for 1-2 hours, improve on your character and then bugger off?
>>
It's great, although very repetitive after a while. But they constantly add new features. Tons of shit to do, unlock, explore etc.
It's a different mindset than other MMOs. There's no gear treadmill, no dungeons. Most retards just grind for xp but there's no real goal to that. You can just enjoy catching horses, decoring your house, making dosh, whale hunting on boats, etc.
>>
>>381551914
It depends on what you want to do. You will never be competitive or get into a good guild with only an hour or two a day and end game is stacked whales and no lifers bullying all the smaller guilds in node wars.

The best way of making money is grinding your life away on mobs, so you'll be making very very slow progress especially after you hit level cap.

I got bored of it at level 57 when I realized I couldn't ever be competitive without dedicating my life to it, but there just wasn't enough content for a casual player to have fun with. The economy is too heavily regulated and segregated to be a merchant or anything but a grinder honestly.

Either way it's definitely worth $8 and you'll enjoy it for a few months at least I think.
>>
>>381551914
It's lterally the best way to play BDO. There's no gear treadmill, you can just stop whenever the fuck you want. You can just quit when bored and come back a few months later to try all the new shit. There's no subscription either so you don't care.
Only thing that takes time commitment would be your guild and doing node siege pvp.
>>
>>381551914
Yeah, they actually endorse that, you get a daily XP bonus that lasts either 30m of +200% or 1h of +100%, so you can make that your grinding hour, then fuck off to cut trees or whatever, or just log in/grind/log off like I do some days.
Some of the events they do are korean style "stay logged in for rewards", but you can minimize the game to tray which is helpful for when you're doing mass production/cooking tasks.
Or you can log in, get the reward, fuck off and come back in an hour, but they're going to change that specific event soon.

It doesn't require your attention all the time, if you don't want it to.
>>
>>381552190
>>381552219
>>381552237

Great to know guys, hope y'all have a good day
>>
Is it better than Guild Wars 2?
>>
>>381549735
It's fun but it's still a korean mmo.
>>
File: 2017-04-16_146705832.jpg (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-16_146705832.jpg
574KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381549735
In terms of stuff to do and see, it's pretty great. The crafting/housing system is great and it really feels like a sandbox game. (No where close to EvE, but you get what you get)

Unfortunatly the grind is outstandingly bad and why I dropped it. You need to grind for months to become viable for most things.

But in all honesty, pick it up and play it to level 50, it's a semi-fresh take on the MMO genre and the combat is just fun. Hell, you might even feel like grinding for the months if you really like it.
>>
>>381549735
the netcode for bdo is extremely shit so if you are looking for decent pvp i wouldn't recommend bdo
>>
File: 2017-05-04_866538133.jpg (951KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-04_866538133.jpg
951KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381552565
I don't think I'd recommend any korean mmo for pvp honestly
>>
it installs a weird anti cheat program that reads your files. Is this true /v?
>>
File: U8acKTS.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U8acKTS.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>
File: xFbPknk.jpg (898KB, 1920x1080px)
xFbPknk.jpg
898KB, 1920x1080px
>>381552857
I dunno about weird, it's an anti cheat program yeah. It's kinda supposed to read your files, I don't see how it would work otherwise
>>
>>381553149
i was told its fishy as
>>
File: p3W5PoM.jpg (589KB, 1920x1080px)
p3W5PoM.jpg
589KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381553180
I haven't noticed anything "fishy" about it.
>>
>>
>>381553180
It's not more fishy than Windows 10 itself is.
>>
>>381552857
Yeah. It's pretty intrusive and logs itself permanently into your registry and pings some weird chinese server IP. Up to you if you want to take the risk.
>>
>>381551442
He's referring to the Xigncode anti-cheat tool. Here's the Dev's response: https://steamcommunity.com/app/582660/discussions/9/2119355556482775513/
>>
>>381554525
>When Black Desert Online is not running, Xigncode will remain offline

At least it's better than Punkbuster.
>>
>>381553149
>>381554525
source? I don't want any chink shit on my pc
>>
how much is this game like dynasty warriors? I really like dynasty warriors.
>>
>>381555105
It's better than hirezpatcher, fucking had to root that shit out, thought I got it the first time when I noticed it in my tasks last week. People put some jank shit in those downloads.
>>
>>381555164
The combat feels heavier in a good way.
>>
>>381555164
The combat mechanics are better, the enemy density is less.
Graphics are better as well. Not many challenges while grinding though.

Interesting but you can turn your brain off once you get your combos down.
>>
I'm looking forward to the xbone version.
>>
How much PVE is in this game? Just played for line an hour and liked the gameplay but i'm not about pvping or grouping up even
>>
>>381555285
>Hirezpatcher

As soon as I put together my newest machine I vowed to never install a single game from Hi-Rez. Anything to keep that cancerous near-malware off my system.
>>
>>381555476
when? Will my save carry over?
>>
>>381555656
Early next year. Don't know the details. I would be surprised if it had any form of cross platform functionality.
>>
>>381555562
99.9% PvE. It's the best way to gain money and how you earn skill points.
If you neglect certain other things, it's a serious detriment, but you can get to a comfortable place and just focus on grinding mobs, which alot of people do.
>>
>>
>>381549735
It fills time nicely since you spend 5-10 minutes running everywhere and there's plenty of mindless tasks to do including "kill 120 catfishmen" and "talk to this NPC that's 15 minutes away". It's also shit as an MMO since there's literally nothing to do with your party except grind and summon bosses (that I know of).
Might be worth 8 bucks just for the character creator and the sightseeing though, since the game's real pretty.
>>
>>381554525
When I uninstall BDO will it take this Xigncode shit off too?
>>
>>381556650
nope, read the post.
You have to fuck with registry files to get it off
>>
>>381556556
>spend 5-10 minutes running everywhere
sounds like the perfect excuse to give you time to stare at your waifu simulations butt
>>
>>381551317
One question ,does it have player housing?
>>
It's heavily PVP based. So at end game it mainly revolves around grinding mobs for money to upgrade shit to kill shit faster so you can grind faster to make money faster to fail upgrades faster.
And unless you have a good PVP guild that participates actively in wars, it's pointless.
>>
File: 1498101352501.gif (384KB, 421x437px) Image search: [Google]
1498101352501.gif
384KB, 421x437px
>see 1 BDO thread every blue moon
>E3 approaches
>BDO threads happen on daily basis or almost on daily basis
>multiple BDO threads a day literally few days before microsoft's E3
>now 1-2 BDO threads are the norm all over again following the same patterns
Call me tinfoil hat but fuck, something's fishy as fuck
>>
File: 2016-12-20_247347967.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20_247347967.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
>>381557352
Yes. Have to look around for one that suits you, there's alot of little hovels, but you can find nice big ones in certain locations.
>>
>>381557515
It's on Steam. More visible than whatever ads they were using before.
>>
>>381557515
It's shills, it's always shills. Nobody likes video games anymore, people only come here to shill. Hell, I'm also here for shilling.
>>
>>381557532
sweet, buying.
not sure why it's not 50% off though since it was like a few weeks ago. w/e though it's only 3 more dollars
>>
Is it worth buying the explorer package for 29.99(down from 49.99) or is the game playable/enjoyable with just the base 7.99 game?
Thanks
>>
I've played since launch and spent probably over $650 on it and it's pure shit. Awful awful game that has barely any redeeming values, requires you to be an autist 100% of the time to be competitive, the community is one of the worst I've ever seen in a MMO and they don't like PVP and they'd rather RP in town all day while sittin gin their big siege guild that doesn't do any sort of PVP outside of 1v1 arenas. The devs are complete shit and they hate open world PVP, they make it worse and worse every patch. The classes are completely unbalanced and Wizards/witches rule all group PVP and they have no intentions of nerfing them or the multitude of unbalanced shit every other class is. The servers are the worst I've ever fucking seen for any MMO and there's constant lag, disconnects, errors, and a myriad of other problems that amaze me more and more each day. The forums are a hugbox and the community treats it like a safe space and its filled with paid shills and do it for free mods. Game is fucking awful and I still play it because I fucking hate myself and want to die.
>>
File: 1304812462960.jpg (75KB, 623x467px)
1304812462960.jpg
75KB, 623x467px
>>381549735
I am level 61 and just so you know that takes hundreds of hours of grinding. I think I am qualified to talk about the game.

No, it's a bad game. In short, it is a typical korean MMO; there is endless grinding and no end-game content. The PvE is a joke and there are no raids, dungeons, or anything of the like. PvP is a fantastic fuck right now because of server overload. You will die when someone 8 feet away from you does a grab animation. Everything in the game is needlessly complex and the game does not explain much to you. The Black Spirit is the most annoying shit head in any video game and there is no option to mute his "voice."

I only play it to tide me over and wait for Ashes of Creation to come out. I have high hopes for that game.
I would not play BDO except I have a lot invested in it at this time. If I were you, I would try Stormblood, it's probably a better game.
>>
>>381557595
I remember it coming to steam but I don't recall seeing ads for it, I guess I'm out of the loop
>>
>>381557895
I think you should add the word "NEET", considering how much time and dedication you need in this game if you want to see or unlock everything
>>
Is there a support class? I'm craving to play support on a MMO, but ff14 gave me multiple layers of cancer, RO and WoW are, well, it's 2017.
>>
>>381549735
I wouldn't really call Black Desert a sandbox. All the non-combat activities in the game are just a way to gain money or resources to support combat.
The game is a korean grinder with classic korean dick measuring pvp (guy who grinded longer wins) first and foremost

Ignore the literal retards who are somehow entertained by doing extremely simple, repetitive actions for hours on end that will tell you otherwise
>>
>>381557894
8.5/10 t. IGN
>>
>>381558105
There was a guy on Reddit that did nothing but farm grapes for like 6 months in order to make like 1,000,000,000 Silver.

The game can seriously be MMO farmville if you let it turn into that.

I personally do a lot of fishing and trading between cities in my cart.
>>
>>381557839
There's a 7 day free trial you can do to see if you like it, the value pack(s) you get from the other packages are $15 value in themselves.
The problem would be if you didn't like the game and spent more than the minimum, you know.
But honestly the Explorer pack has alot of nice little perks, and with 2 value packs it's actually a really good deal going in.

Whatever you decide, do not claim the extras/use the value packs until you decide on what class you enjoy, you can easily play without them and it'll save you some hassle by holding onto them for a while, at least until you figure things out.
>>
I've played around 10 hours but I just stayed at level 1 and spent most of my time exploring the world, taming horses and taking screenshots. It was fun if I ignored the MMO grinding part of an MMO. I guess I'll go back to Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>381557894
The grind is hilariously tedious and every enemy is a punching bag that does nothing while you spam the same 3 or 4 skills on it in order to hit 60 to be competitive, then when you do try to finally kill people after RNG dicks you for hours and wastes millions of silver to get all TET upgrades and full best in slot gear, you get gangbanged by 20 people after trying to fight 1. Everything in this game is a grind and the retards who say it's not P2W are fucking amazing and so wrong it hurts. If you don't pay, you don't get 30% more on market sales, 16 less inventory slots, no pets to pick up drops, no free dyes, and no free storage slots. Costumes and other pearl items can be bought in game but good luck beating out the botters and thousands of players bidding on them all at once. Lifeskills are all the exact same thing besides fishing (which is done AFK) and trading (which is done by rolling like a retard in the grass for 100 hours until you hit master 2 so you can make actual money from it by accepting a teleport to the desert with 2000 crates on your character and the nleaving immediately) all the others consist of press R on an object in your house and watching a bar go up after collecting the obligatory materials.
>>
>>381558309
What is a value pack? Some kind of character buff? Is it not just cosmetic stuff?
>>
>>381558072
No. There are two classes that do everything better than every other class and that is Wizard/Witch.
>>
Was this the game where you could make thicc waifus?
>>
File: (3).jpg (56KB, 1280x720px)
(3).jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>381558448
Fuck, the search continues
>>
>>381558072
There's not really a "support" class, everyone is and will be combat capable and self-sufficient to varying degrees, but Witch/Wizard and Valkyrie have group heals and buffs that are nice.
>>
>>381558305
>Ignore the literal retards who are somehow entertained by doing extremely simple, repetitive actions for hours on end that will tell you otherwise
>>
>>381558576
I see a Valkyrie, I laugh at a Valkyrie.
>>
No but it has good waifu creation.
>>
>>381558443
It's a whole bunch of extra stuff shoved into a package, +16 inventory space, extra weight limit, free character re-customization. A bunch of conveniences for a month.
You can buy more off the marketplace, people sell them all the time, just need to get lucky and grab them. Some people will claim it's a necessity, but it's just convenient.
>>
>>381558557
no. its pretty much only a face simulator.
not really much you can do with modifying the rest of the body.
>>
>>381558443
It's required to make any progress in this game in any amount of decent time, otherwise you are severely gimped without one.
>>
>>381558759
>Some people will claim it's a necessity, but it's just convenient.

HAHAHAHAHA How far have you gotten without a value pack? Come on, tell me.
>>
Well, it was a nice thread while it lasted, here come all the "P2W" criers.
>>
>>381558806
Oh well shit. Would you or anyone here for that matter happen to remember which character creator allowed you to do that? It was free for a while and then got taken down if I recall correctly.
>>
>>381558885
All it gives you is dyes and inventory space.

Dyes are meaningless and you get plenty of inventory space slots from questing.
>>
>>381558889
Explain to me how this game isn't P2W. I'll wait all day because I'm a NEET who does nothing but play this piece of shit game.
>>
>>381558889
no one is really saying that though you dumb autist.
>>
>>381556556
The biggest problem with this game is that if you don't intend on competing and keeping up with end game there's literally nothing to do. Since there's no direct trading, the market is heavily regulated, and crafted items have lost value BDO is basically a single player game. There's never a need to directly interact with others; you can't even get other people on your wagon.
>>
>>381558885
8 characters to awakening, sitting on a couple hundred million silver, just grinding more skill points nowadays.
I buy value packs off of the market if I can win the bid, but I don't cry about not having one running. I don't know what you think the value pack does, but it doesn't stop me from doing anything by not having it.
>>
File: 56456566656.png (48KB, 247x223px) Image search: [Google]
56456566656.png
48KB, 247x223px
>>381558976
>All it gives you is dyes and inventory space.
and 16 storage slots in every city, and a 30% buff on selling marketplace items, have fun selling a 4+million item and missing 30% of that profit while everyone who pays for the value pack gets it. Stop lying, you apologist.
>>
>>381558557
No, you're thinking of Blade and Soul
>>
>>381558806
I made my archer chick thicc as fuck and she didnt start that way by default, dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>381559094
>8 characters at 56 with only a few million silver
Oh god anon, thanks for the laugh. tell me how you enjoy this game when you have two characters at 60 with over 2 billion in liquid assets + many more in crates. The game is rigged for autists and you will get nowhere if you don't dedicate yourself to it and buy every little thing to get ahead.
>>
>>381559169
I've never missed that tiny amount in the sea of millions, perhaps you should work harder to sell more profitable items instead of trying to pinch every penny.
>>
>>381559214
but you can in this one too
>>
>>381558806
... There's a height, tits slider, ass slider, you can control the length of each limb individually, there is a hips sliders, there is a muscularity slider, and you can pose your character.
>>
>>381559337
But I don't care about that, and what does the value pack have to do with me grinding to level 60 and earning billions?

Is it you who you're referring to? Are you saying you played that much and are upset that you wasted your life on these nonexistent achievements?
>>
>>381559514
I'm saying you're a child that knows nothing about this game because you've played it for two months max while I've played since launch and think you have the right to tell anyone about its quality.
>>
>>381559169
>>381559094

When you say buy them off the marketplace, do you mean with real money or with in-game currency?
>>
>>381559214
Thanks Anon! I'm an amateur comic writer and this artist I dropped pretty quickly once told me he used a certain MMO to create facial references.

>>381559458
Pics?
>>
>>381559601
I'm saying you're a jaded fool who's regretting that he did something he should be happy to have accomplished, but instead views it as evidence of his own personal failures and blames the game he "wasted his life on" instead of himself.
You're a depressed individual looking for attention.
>>
File: 2017-06-18_533012919.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-18_533012919.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>381558990
Well, let me go through the stuff that I personally view as borderline.

>Elion's Tear

These allow you to pop back to life right where you died. (Basically instant resurrection.)

This WOULD be pretty fucking bullshit in PvP if it wasn't for the fact that you're revived at half health.

>Energy potions

The game uses an energy system like Archage. However, it works a lot better here.

In order to make your energy pool larger, you need to learn more. The more lore knowledge your character has, the more energy you have. I personally have a pool of 123 and haven't really done anything serious.

Energy potions restore your energy instantly.

This would be pretty P2W if it weren't for the fact that you could craft your own energy potions. Cooking Craft Beer or making Energy potions through alchemy is actually a little better than what you can buy.

>Weight Limit Boosts

Money, items, armor, and everything else has a carry weight in this game. Your character has a specific carry weight.

You can buy a larger weight limit.

This would be pretty P2W if it weren't for the other ways to get a larger weight limit.

Walking with heavy weight (Slow as shit) will level your strength, and there are specific armor pieces that boost your weight limit. Most traders and crafters wear these.
>>
>>381559619
In game currency. They're 9 million silver off the marketplace. Cheap as fuck, but you better be constantly bidding on them since it's all RNG to whether or not you get one.
>>
>>381559619
I buy them in game with in-game currency. People post them up, I'm not sure why since the $ to silver rate is pretty bad, but I'm glad they do.
>>
>>381555794
Does teaming up bring in more xp/hour?
>>
>>381560041
Less. Parties receive an EXP penalty.
>>
>>381560041
It divides it, but you can aggro camps seperately, it's efficient to go in a duo and take camps simultaneously and you'll earn more xp through faster grinding, but in groups of 3 or 4 it becomes inefficient alot of the time.
>>
>>381559779
Ellion's Tears and energy potions are for fools, and aren't really what I'm talking about. the strength level only enhances weight up to level 30, and gives a measly 40 weight, if you didn't know. Have fun grinding in Hercules armor against mobs that can actually damage you past level 55 while missing your other armorset bonuses. I'm talking more about artisan memories that restory x3 durability while you're attempting to enchant your gear. These are invaluable with best in slot gold rare pieces and streamline the process 3x as fast. You're going to spend 3x as much money and time enchanting if you aren't buying these, and that's all on top of RNG as it is I hope you're prepared to pay for decent tier pets as you have to manually collect EVERY loot drop and anything below tier 3 pets are slow as shit and you'll be getting way less than people who paid out for 4 tier 4 pets with the best skills and pickup speed.

and I do know someone that did this and spent over $1000 on these stupid fucking pets.
>>
>>381549735
how much enjoyment would i get if i played this alone? the design and combat look good but i dont want make new friends just to play
>>
>>381560041
Game punishes you for party grinding. You can clear faster, but earn divided EXP and way less skill points which you use to learn and level up skills. You also get less money from selling things from the special deals option in party grinding than you would make just picking it up yourself.
>>
>>381560235
>artisan memories
You can buy them on the market, and the game regularly gives them out like free candy.

>pets

I own two. Bought them off of the market.
>>
>>381560293
Most, if not all, of the game is solo based.
>>
how much lewd clothing is there?
>>
Game is absolute trash for an MMO. Don't let anyone lie to you about it being a sandbox. Sure you can not grind mobs for 24/7 (best way of making money 100%) and try to craft and sell shit. But since there's only an auction house with mostly fixed prices you end farming everything yourself, crafting everything yourself, and selling your shit that you spent 10 hours on for the same amount of time spent grinding for an hour.

There's no end game dungeons, no raids, no good bosses, nothing. Even world bosses are basically hundreds of people zerging one monster spamming pots to get the highest DPS hoping it doesn't randomly swing around with an insta-kill move and hit you during one of your cooldowns/animations. There's no sense of camaraderie with healing or ressing since one more person dead means you have more %DPS and thus higher chance of good loot.

If you do decide to go into PvP, you'll realize that the game is dictated entirely by whales. Anyone who plays 24/7 or pays out the ass for RMT will beat you since the PVP is gear dependent, not skill based. Also class balance is a joke so Witches will shit on everyone (as they have been since closed beta). "Guild wars" are basically the biggest guilds of whales sitting in town until they get their numbers up then zerging each other while the smaller guilds fight for the leftovers of unprofitable nodes. There is no open word PvP - you get fucked if you try to kill someone and can get marked for more than a week meaning people get to kill you FOR FREE without repercussions so no one actually tries to PvP except for top whales fighting for grind spots. Oh did I mention no one can kill those top whales since they are geared out the ass?

Game is a joke. Buy it if you want to play a glorified half assed SP game. Even the waifu creator is pretty damned limited - go install Skyrim with mods if you want to make a better waifu.
>>
>>381560686
A metric fuck ton
>>
File: 1491179630747.png (758KB, 913x691px) Image search: [Google]
1491179630747.png
758KB, 913x691px
>>381558105
>I wouldn't really call Black Desert a sandbox. All the non-combat activities in the game are just a way to gain money or resources to support combat.
Exactly, why don't people understand this? (」゜ロ゜)」
>>
>>381560709
>grind mobs for 24/7 (best way of making money 100%)

You can make upwards of 40,000,000 Silver a week if you do nothing but gather materials yourself and craft Grunil Helmets to sell on the market.

Whale hunting, Trading, and Farmville is actually the best way to make money.
>>
File: 1478030323233.png (256KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478030323233.png
256KB, 700x600px
>>381560793
They're shills, Anon. No one who has played BDO seriously believes it's a sandbox.
>>
someone buy me this for research purposes
>>
>>381560931
Last I played you make twice the amount in half the time grinding pirates. As long as you have T4 pets looting you will always make more money in the same amount of time as someone who tries to play merchant.
>>
>>381559779
>Walking with heavy weight (Slow as shit) will level your strength
It doesn't tho. It's only when carrying trade goods. And the weight boosting gear is shit. You can however buy the same weight limit boosts from the cash shop with free loyalty points
>>
>>381560931
Are you serious? You can make 10mil an hour grinding centaurs.
>>
This game is amazing, just got it in the sale. Fucking unbelievable they give you such a deep game for so little.
Mainly got it as a 2nd mmo to play when I'm bored of my main.
>>
File: 2017-06-11_24100212.jpg (418KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-11_24100212.jpg
418KB, 2560x1080px
The grind isn't all that bad it's the build up and supply needed to gain better accessories.
I'm very fond of going to Elric Shrines (Lv.54-55) Gaining 1 million every hour and a half with a party.
On top of that leveling your alts is even more rewarding.
Learning curve is very stiff If you put in your part to do the research and not only rely on the main chat to get all your answers you'll hate it.
Classes are overall really fun and you can get some combos going and after you hit your awakening lv 55. The playstyle mostly changes and you can switch back and forth.

Life skill are interesting if you aren't into PvP. Just sit back let your character do the work and chill w/ music or read.
>>
I hate that I'm so fucking on the fence about an $8 game.
>>
>>381563113
To be fair, you are unemployed.
>>
>>381549735
There is no world where any person would seriously recommend this piece of shit unless they had brain damage. The whole game is a fucking facade. The graphics don't even look good in game because the lighting is all fucked and ugly and you have the most unreasonably obtrusive UI ever. This game also features the worst pop-in I've ever seen in a game and the worst part is that it is not tied to graphic settings but rather to YOUR SIGHT STAT, so if you want to avoid terrible terrible pop-in you have to stack up on +sight shit. If you have the player lanterns option turned on your game will look like a nuclear bomb just went off. Then the gameplay, you have all these abilities and what at first appears to be action combat, but again, it doesnt matter, because all the NPCs youll fight are completely braindead and you'll never have to dodge unless you're up against a world boss that just 1 shots people at random. PvP wise action combat still doesnt matter because it's so gear and level based that player skill has no chance of getting close to overcoming numerical advantage. On that note, because the game has infinite levels and such a powergap between gear and levels, if you are not grinding 100% of your time, you are wasting your time and will never have a chance to even hurt someone in pvp. Not like PvP happens though, because if you kill like 5 people the retarded karma system kicks in and will fuck over your character for a month if not forever(If you're in negative karma you are always pvp flagged to everyone, they can kill you without taking a karma hit, and when you die you have a chance for your crystals to break and your enchantments to go down[which is fucking insane considering the cost]. In addition the only way out of red karma is to grind[obv] and grind and grind).
>>
>>381563830
So then your only option is GvG, and just like every other shitty mmo it's just a safe zone camping game where one side sits in town until their numbers build up enough to go out of town, rinse repeat. Crafting is shit because NO PLAYER TRADING. oh wait they patched it so you can trade potions and thats it. So rather than crafting being a profession for your character to provide a basis to trade with, crafting is a 100% solo experience and you gotta build all your shit yourself.
>>
File: 2016-10-23_280222487.jpg (831KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-23_280222487.jpg
831KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381559258
it has way way waaaay less body options than other games
>>
>>381563830
It's only $7, it's still a steal desu even for the waifu simulator
>>
>>381559732
and we are back to:
>play game for a long time
>DUDE YOU PLAYED IT A LONG MEANS YOU ENJOYED IT, INVALID ARGUMENT
>>
>>381549735
I have two characters with 20 days of play time on each, and I'd say that BDO is worth it. Its an amazing game for some people. Its not "pay to win" its more of pay to progress more easy. So with that in mind, expect to drop some cash on the cash shop. If you like pvp, exploring, life skills, good graphics, and grinding then you will probably like BDO. Half these people here saying that "You have to grind for months" are full of bullshit. You can get to lvl 59 in a week if you work at it. Its funny how half the people here are saying its a shit tier mmo, when they haven't even played it.
>>
I was so confused seeing this at the microsoft conference. Was the best looking thing there next to code vein, didn't look japanese yet the characters were attractive.
>>
>>381551317
wow, your character is pretty.
please tell me shes got a cute dick
>>
>>381565965
I didn't say you enjoyed it, I said you misappropriated your own time and have no self-control, as evident by your lambasting of a game that you spent so much time on.
Why would you keep playing to that extent if you weren't enjoying it? Why are you so dissatisfied with your own choices?
Your argument is "I spent so much time and hated it, so you must as well"
>>
It's very much a long-term/AFK mmo.

Major achievements are very time consuming but smaller stuff is handed to you left and right.

Don't play it like WoW or anything where you can just grind and grind since you will go mental, just go at your own pace.
>>
How comfy is the farming/fishing?
>>
File: 2017-06-12_20034595.jpg (586KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-12_20034595.jpg
586KB, 1920x1080px
>>381566797
I've found my own little secret spot for fishing.

Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>381567197
I know where that is anon, it's my fishing spot now
>>
>>381549735
Is good
>>
>>381567197
Mind if I use that spot too?
>>
>>381567197
>playing as a dude
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>381567860
Someone has to touch all the witches.
>>
>>381567860
>Female Striker isn't a thing yet

Shit gam
>>
>>381568024
>still no female berserker

Bunch of bullshit
>>
File: 2017-06-12_20451598.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-12_20451598.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>381567294
>>381567747
It actually would be fun to have some AFK buddies.

Be sure to connect the node to where you'll be selling the fish.

>>381567860
I like relating the my character more than I like my character's breasts.
>>
File: 2017-06-22_515394791.jpg (697KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22_515394791.jpg
697KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.