[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GOTY gameplay >GOTY music >GOTY story >GOTY character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 12

File: 3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
>GOTY gameplay
>GOTY music
>GOTY story
>GOTY character design
>will lose the actual GOTY award to an open world meme game.

is this the end of the gaming industry?
>>
>it's a Nier shitpost thread
>>
You dodged a bullet 2B. Had Ace Combat 7 come out your ost would have been blazed.
>>
>>381548221
Zelda will win it on the single fact that it is a Zelda game.

A Taro game will never win GOTY because it's too Japanese and the multiple playthrough meme
>>
File: nipdevs.jpg (1MB, 3828x1264px) Image search: [Google]
nipdevs.jpg
1MB, 3828x1264px
>>381548221
>>
>>381548845
B A I T

A

I

T
>>
>>381548892
BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T
>>
>>381548221
the gameplay was very mediocre, had it not been for the waifu and fapbait, nobody would give a shit about this game
>>
>>381548923
Thank you my friend
>>
Nier was fun but I would t call it flawless GOTY material, that's just being presumptuous
>>
>>381548221
It IS an open world meme game
>>
>>381548483
Implying Zelda will win GOTY.
GOTY goes to the current flavor of the month game because peoples attention is so low. Expect GOTY to be a fall-holiday season game like every year.
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY gameplay
Wrong.
>GOTY music
It's great, but we've had better this year.
>GOTY story
Meh.
>GOTY character design
You got at least one.
>>
>>381549858
>GOTY music
>It's great, but we've had better this year.
Any examples?
>>
>>381548845
Right one looks better.
>>
Not really up to date on it, but last time I saw a streamer play this, it looked boring as fuck. All he did was fire his minion/turret thingy and slash the enemy once at close range.
>>
>>381549858
>we've had better this year
objectively wrong
>>
>>381548221
Remove the bait character waifu and no one would be discussing the game or saying stupid shit like what u just posted OP
>>
>>381549958
>>381550162
Even if the music is the greatest of this year (it's not), shit gameplay and mediocre story dragging the game down.
>>
>>381548221

>GOTY character design
I just see lazy fanservice.
Does this game appeal only to pubescent losers?
>>
>>381550335
>Does this game appeal only to pubescent losers?
Why don't you ask yourself instead of bugging the rest of us, post pubescent winners?
>>
>>381550305
still no examples
>>
>>381548221
The game is kinda boring actually. There ar elike, 2 actual bossfights in the game. The music is good, but it doesn't fit in, except the kono mamaja dame thing the robots started singing in sync when adam was born.
>>
>>381550305
I don't understand obsession with story, in any medium. Ambiance and themes are what matter, not some flowchart that's shaped by those things.
>>
File: 1496847398695.jpg (116KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496847398695.jpg
116KB, 500x700px
>>381548221
>weeb trash
>GOTY
>>
>>381550293
>>381548991
This is true. Honestly, the highlight of the game was self destructing and getting wet in the seweres, adjusting the camera, and fap once
>>
worst combat in a platinum game
good music but nothing to brag about
average story and downright mediocre character design
go home
>>
>>381550305
>moving goal post
>>
>>381551086
>worst combat in a platinum game
Even the shovelware ones?
>>
>>381551457
it's slightly above shovelware
>>
>>381548845
It's almost as if the game in the right was a niche game made by what's essentially an indie japanese developer with extremely low budget for industry standards.

Also
>Caring about graphics.
>>
>"the music isn't good weebs! There's been way better this year!"
>oh yeah? Like what for example?
>"OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING WEEBS THE MUSIC ISNT GOOD!"
bottom kek
>>
>>381551556
Some areas looked legit like some 2007-x360 games.
The level design is also borderline playable. I don't know what people see in this game.
Maybe you're right, the niche fanbase got what they wnated i guess.
>>
>>381550305
As a writer, I can say the story is fucking amazing. Very few narratives know how to foreshadow stuff as well as Automata does.

The story suffers a bit from having too much side-stuff that should have been in the game (You only really understand the fucked up, hearth-clenching relation 2B and 9S has after reading the side stuff), but the narrative is still extremely solid by any standards, and the themes the story tackles are both good and extremely well developed.

Very few games manage to actually tackle philosophy.
>>
>>381551651
Again, >caring for graphics.

The level design I understand, but since when have open-world RPGs got good level design? It's just not the kind of thing you play this genre for.
>>
>>381551936
>but since when have open-world RPGs got good level design?
Xenoblade, from the top of my head. Although some areas felt really dumb.
>>
>>381548845
>caring about graphics
spotted the normie
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY gameplay
>how to instantly recognize a shitpost in less than 3 seconds
>>
>>381548221
>Nier is not an open world meme game
>>
>>381551975
Never played it, heard it was great.

Still, you gotta admit it's the majority. IF they manage to, props for them, but it's not a priority as much as good characters and story (in this order).
>>
>>381548221
>meme weeb trash vs. meme AAA blockbuster trash

Whoever wins we all lose.
>>
>>381552059
Nier gameplay is extremely fun, what you're on about?
>>
>>381551763
>too much side-stuff that should have been in the game
This is a love/hate thing for me. Sidequests were infinitely better compared to NieR 1, but you can miss the interesting stuff locked to them.

Also why the FUCK are there about 4 Automata threads up? Did something happen?
>>
>top seller on steam
fuck off shilling your normie game
>>
>>381552101
>Still, you gotta admit it's the majority
Dude sorry but Golden Sun also had pretty good level design. I guess the majority is still corect though. And yes is houldnt judge a jrpg by it'S open world level design.
>>
>>381552059
Literally this, desu this game is somewhere at average in most aspects, only soundtrack and writing is god-tier, seriously these 2 things are amazing.
>>
>>381548845
>muh guhrayphecs
>art style by an indie dev
Really makes you think huh
>>
>>381552248
>niche game sequel to a game that nobody played
>normie game
2/8
>>
>>381552332
>desu
kys weeb
>>
>>381552332
Writing is the most important thing for an RPG, so Nier accomplishes its goal.

Gameplay is nothing amazing, but it's not a failure either. It's perfectly fitting for the game and does what it needs to do.
>>
>>381548991
>>381551068
>I like the story, music gameplay and I found the message at the end was extremely wholesome making Nier Automata a massive expression of the media as an art form

Maybe I'm just weird.
>>
>>381552459
>He doesn't know about the filter
>He complains about weebs on 4chan

Try to not out yourself as a newfag. Lurk more.
>>
>>381552567
>falling for the obvious bait
fuck off newfag
>>
>>381550972
its sad
but true, name a better game from this year.
>>
>>381548221
>boring mediocre hack and slash+hacking mini game "combat"
>half decent music i will admit
>"le 2 deep 4 u "story about how cool being human is
>"lets make them look black and white because it's sad and edgy just like the story!"
yep, this is the end of the gaming industry where a bad game like this is praised for months on end
>>
>>381552496
Opinions, man. It's personally my GOTY, but holy shit some people don't like it and that's okay. The meanings you derive from games differ from everyone else.
>>
>>381552496
You're ok man, think that you're arguing against
>kys weeb shitposters
>graphicwhores shitposters
>not even play vidya anymore shitposters
The game is made for an extremely specific kind of audience and executes its concept to perfection, making things that no other game has tried before. It was an amazing experience for a video game, really.
>>
>>381552567
>reddit spacing
>he doesn't know about the ''>Desu, KYS Weeb bait'' that people were throwing when the filter first came around
desu senpai you kinda have to go back.
>>
>>381552626
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>381548221
Platinum juggler should lose gameplay award to a TPS
>>
>>381552437
>top seller on steam
Fucking normalfag in denial.
Nier is Souls-tier now, enjoy the subsequent streamlining and casualization
>>
>>381552648
Breath
>>
>>381551556
>Yoko Taro
>indie developer
>>
>>381548221
The music wasn't better than Zelda's, I'm sorry that you can only enjoy the most blatant melodies and arrangements and not impressionistic arrangements of said melodies.
>>
>>381552459
Thats 4chan word filter (to desu) you faggot.

>>381552481
Of all things, stop calling it RPG, since you dont have any fucking choice (the only one choice that matters and do something more than 'game over' or 'whatever, doesnt matter anyway' results is at the end of the game) throughout game and calling consequent chapters routes is retarded as fuck (most of the non-weeb players wont find out the true beauty of the writing). Seriously Im mad they didnt developed REAL routes in-game, there is so much place to develop it
>>
>>381552673
Yeah I'm sure people have actual opinions as to why they don't like them. But these don't seem based on anything viable, I get other reasons why people don't like them (combat not as engaging, difficulty levels are kinda silly), but yeah. Opinions are opinions.
>>381552710
Probably. But hopefully those opinions don't make it out of /v/
>>
>>381552876
Nigga i am a big Zelda fan, but BotW had 2 things that it Lacked:
The climax and the Music.
In fact, i can only remember quite clearyl a handful of tracks in the game. The Vah Ruta dungeon one, the ''lost Woods'' ost that also plays in labyrinths, the kaakriko village ost (not because it's good, but because it is literalyl the first ever Zelda OST where i had to turn down the volume because it was annoying) and the dragon roost island remix.
The hyrule castle music was pretty good too, but it got kinda tirign after a while.
In short, BotW has masterful Sound, but ''just'' decent Music. It fits the game i guess.
>>
File: 1493782953607.jpg (90KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493782953607.jpg
90KB, 720x540px
>itt:another "/v/ doesn´t game anymore because it got mainstream success"-thread
inb4 "Well, now that some time has passed, we finally realize how shit this game everyone loved in the first 2 months of release is"
>>
>>381553127
>it's an anon will pretend that nobody was calling this game the shitty weeb fapbait """game""" it was since day 1 episode
>>
>>381553107
It lacked many more, especially proper dungeons (shrines are way too short, they should be merged and end up being 25 instead of over 100). And by proper dungeons i mean the place where you goddamn fight outside overworld - I prepared a lot for first divine beast then i found out thats just shrine gimmick with a mini-boss at the end. That felt really bad.
>>
>>381552876
>i watched that one analysis video too guys!

Best song in BOTW was the Korok forest one, as it finally nitted up and went full Ghibli
>>
>>381553127
It's more of an ''People other than the most die hard fans got to play it and have a more objective view on the game''-kind of thing.
>>
>>381553127
No, it's just that the Nier posters went away because of the influx of waifufags and shitposters that came after release.
/v/ userbase change a lot and those who stay here are usually the shitposters
>>
Gaming is in fact very much dead because despite this being a bait thread, there's people out there unironically thinking a niche Taro game actually has "GOTY storyline, characters and gameplay" and hauling it as the new coming of jesus.
When in reality it's just basic animu Nier again, with almost the exact same OST and even less inspired designs than before, with almost the exact same plot except you switch shades for machines and replicants for automata, because despite it's a sequel it decided to just make a piss-poor copypaste as opposed to just develop the actual world.
>>
>>381553261
>only my opinion is right because I played this thing without knowing any of the background stuff
See? I can do it too
>>
>>381553287
Well soon Im going to get ps3 and Nier copy. I will probably find out the sad truth (anyway i dont consider it GOTY)
>>
>>381553248
What analysis video? I say they are impressionistic arrangements because they are, stop projecting your near illiteracy on me, and go watch more youtube videos to learn shit.
The best song in BotW was the Rito village arrangement of dragon roost island, both day and night.
>>381553243
None of those games are "missing" from the game because the game wasn't designed around them, you should really stop basing your entire Zelda criticisms on your expectations due to series' conventions.
>>
>>381548845
nier automata had a budget of a pickle and a ham sandwich
>>
>>381553243
120 shrine are too many i do agree. And some of the puzzles got ''wasted'' because of them. That being said, half of the shrines are just walk up and get the orb because of the quest before entering the shrine.
The main dungeons/divine beasts are actually pretty fucking good, but they are very, very short. Meanign that the ''wasted puzzles'' could've ammounted for lon ger and better Main dungeons. This game needed at least one more main dungeon and story to it in order to be perfect, which we will get coming december. It was too ambitious of a game, they needed at least 1 more year for more enemy designs, more Link Slashing animations (seriously, he has like, 6 while in WW and even the n64 games he had 15). Still, tons of more weapons made up for it.
It's a solid 9.2/10 game. Not 10/10.
Also fucking yes, the ganon-puppet thingies, looked all the same and where just too Cheesy. OK bosses, but no game of the gen material.
>>
>>381553521
None of those things are missing from the game* my bad
>>
>>381553343
i played it for 11 hours and dropped it.
it was a solid 6/10, above average. this is just my opinion.
>>
>>381550797
So much this, desu
>>
so i'm not a fan of weeb games but i have a question. is there a lore reason the character you play as is dressed like that? or is it just to attract neckbeards?
>>
File: 1487437647869.png (118KB, 582x475px) Image search: [Google]
1487437647869.png
118KB, 582x475px
People need to stop treating games that do not have mass appeal like they are the second coming of jesus christ, it's what creates all this shitposting in the first place.

Same thing happened with Witcher 3, everyone saying its the best game ever made means that the people who don't like it are gonna be super vocal about it.

I know this thread is bait but the amount of people who overhyped the fuck out of Automata and acted like it was perfect really threw me off when I played it and found out it was heavily flawed, despite still being a very solid game.
>>
>>381553647
But anon you need to endure that samey gameplay for another 70 hours and then continue after the final boss five times and then delete your save so you can say it's bad or above average
>>
>>381553521
No no, thats freaking 'return to roots', roots had dungeons where you fought as well. I expected them and they werent delivered.
>>381553561
It's 9/10 mainly because of everything else (oh well, except soundtrack). There are many things that other open-world games forgot, especially 'exploration' thing.
>>
>GOTY gameplay
Very lackluster gameplay for a game P* did the combat.
>>
>>381552951
JRPGs have never been about choice.
>>
>>381553287
I used to think people who praise Automata as GOTY were just baiters and shills, but after having been in these threads I'm starting to wonder if people really are that delusional.
>>
>>381548221
>>GOTY gameplay
nope
>>GOTY music
yes
>>GOTY story
yes
>>GOTY character design
waifu
>>will lose the actual GOTY award to an open world meme game.
also Nier is an open world, and its being open it's fucking useless and bad.
>>
>>381552673
it's a shit touho, it's a shit action game, all it has is a nice waifu. if you're over 16, you'll understand.
>>
goty awards don't mean anything.
>>
>>381548221
Is this game really that good or is just the girls carrying it?

I've seen the videos and it doesn't look that innovative or new for a hack/slash game aside from the story
>>
>>381553943
When Zelda wins over 100 of them they will mean a lot here on nintendogaf
>>
>nier gameplay is bad

https://youtu.be/l4QB9hJ1jvQ?t=42
>>
>>381548221
wasnt even a good game
got it on gamefly, sent it back, boring af and not worth playing
every thread just fanboys saying "YOU DONT COME TO THE GAME FOR GAMEPLAY" and then rant about some pseudo intellect commentary and circlejerk over the completely bland girl's ass for 19 more days
>>
>>381553849
Doesnt mean that you jRPG should learn the choice. Especially when you got such a good base for that.
>>
>>381553976
the game is a solid 8.5/10, but not the masterpiece people are saying
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY gameplay
>spam R2 and it's impossible to get hit

And this is why stamina systems exist.
>>
Prey has better music, fuck weebs
>>
>>381548221
>great story
what story fag, you need to play another 8 games to know what the hell is going on and still 50% of key plot is unknown by the end of the game
fuck this "artistic" mysterious hollow indie story meme thats ruining gaming
>>
>>381554308
I love Prey, but I cannot for the life of me remember the music. It wasn't that good
>>
>>381554395
You don't need to have played anything before to understand the story. You'll miss some nods and the impact of some scenes (Like the Popola/Devola on the tower), but everything you need to know, the game provides.

Drakengard and Nier's impact in Automata's story can be summed up as:

DKG: Dragon came from another world with another creature, their presence created a disease that killed humanity

Nier: Humanity tried to avoid being killed by the disease by separating body and soul. This ended up going wrong and now humanity is 100% extinct.

There.
>>
I think I enjoyed exploring post-apocalyptic Hyrule a lot more than the post-apocalyptic bore that is Automata's hubs. Both games have fetch quests but somehow it doesn't feel like a constant chore in BotW. The world and game design was just top notch and encourages you to explore every nook and cranny and you'll actually get rewarded for doing so (e.g shrines, koroks). I can't say the same about Nier

>inb4 dumb nintenfag

I fucking love Nier, I read most of the side materials before I jumped into Automata and had to dig my 360 from storage so I could play the first game. I don't care about the whole 2B butt fanservice all I care was the lore and story, and while it's not as engaging as the first one it's still was quite the experience.
>>
>>381554770
>This ended up going wrong and now humanity is 100% extinct.
Can you go more into detail? So basically humans dont exist anymore? From where do the orders come from then? What was all that ''for the glory of humanity''-shit come form? Actually spooked rn and i wanna know.
>>
>weeb shit waifu simulator losing

wen't better than expected
>>
>>381555060
Papa Nier from first game killed the guy who was supposed to put everything back together or some thing. Thus, souls would never fuse with bodies again, and said bodies were starting to collapse. Skip 7k years into the future and they all did.

>From where do the orders come from then? What was all that ''for the glory of humanity''-shit come form? Actually spooked rn and i wanna know.

Dude did you even play the game? Ending of Route B explains this. Not hints, Commander flat out tells you the truth.
>>
>>381554308
I hate how they're being used as jumpscares too much.
>>
Maybe I should stop being such a lazy fuck and fix the resolution issue since square is equally as lazy for PC port.
Is it worth the trouble? I have a ton of shit to play until college starts back up and I wanna hang myself.
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY game play

PffffftttaaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>381555043
I really missed the music in Zelda, I honestly think Nier's music elevated the whole experience for me over Zelda. Fighting in the factory with Become as gods is one of my favorite moments in vidya in a while.

Having practically no music was incredibly dissapointing, made the game kinda dull at points. Which was lame since the trailer with the switch reveal had an amazing escalating rendition of the main theme.
>>
>>381555216
I gave up after A2 or what her name was stabbed the forest king. I think i played 20 minutes after that and never touched it again.
>>
>>381555060
It's only a ruse because they don't want to lose the androids' morale. YoRHa was made for that sole purpose.
>>
>>381555405
That's like 1/5th of the game
>>
>>381548221
But Nier is an open world meme game already
>>
File: 1483888600698.jpg (155KB, 1152x719px) Image search: [Google]
1483888600698.jpg
155KB, 1152x719px
>>381548221
>GOTY story
>that guy playing videa gaems for the story
do you also read books for the gameplay?
>>
>>381555498
Yeah i don't want to replay it 5 times to get the entire story.
>>
>>381555405
You barely experienced the prologue. Game gets much fucking wilder on Route C.

But well, since you don't care, I'll say it. I'll keep it spoiled in case you regain your senses and give this masterpiece a second chance:

Humanity is dead. YoRHa is a farse created to give the androids something to fight for. The orders are all pre-recorded (9S comments on how stiff they are early on the game). All that's left is the human genetic code on a base on the moon.

Also, YoRHa themselves are sacrificial lambs. The bunker has a proposital backdoor for the machines to invade when the time is right and fuck them up. This, again, is intended to give Androids a reason to keep fighting forever.
>>
>>381555405
If you like spooky shit, I'd recommend playing the rest of the game. When the red girl starts showing up in the background of scenes in route B the game becomes mondo spooky. Mankind is dead, but the ghost of humanity still haunts the robbits.
>>
>>381555610
>listening to music for the beats
>>
>>381548845
Right side looks better actually, much better art style and designs.
If you were to compare the two on all aspects like you should, NieR: Automata completely destroys Battlefield 4 on music, gameplay, character designs, story and artistic vision.
>>
>>381555619
Only Route B is a replay, and from another perspective, with different gameplay and new stuff. Route C is entirely new content. And after you finish Route C, Endings D and E can be achieved in 15 minutes.
>>
>>381553535
But Japs are small. That pickle and a ham sandwich could feed their offices for a year.
>>
>>381555683
But that's not what the Red Girls are, anon.
>>
>>381555386
The game has music though, some of the best in the series.
>>
>>381555619
You replay the first half once, with some pretty noticeable differences, everything after that is new content.
>>
>>381552189
>Also why the FUCK are there about 4 Automata threads up? Did something happen?
Summer sale.
>>
>>381555619
Jesus christ, this idea again

You can speed run the "repeat" parts in Route B within 2 hrs, And its not even that bad since you play as a new character with different strengths.

Plenty of new stuff
>>
>>381555687
>listening to music for the lyrics
>listening to poetry for the beats
>>
>>381555778
The red girls are also haunted by the ghost of humanity.
>>
>>381555386
forgot to mention that by no means I prefer BotW's music over Nier's. My favorite has got to be Wretched Weaponry and City Ruins when the lyrics came up. But I don't think it's fair to compare because music's practically nonexistent in BotW.
>>
>>381555912
Please explain, I missed this on the game. where is it stated?
>>
>>381555619
The only thing you replay is the first half after getting Ending A, after that, it's only new stuff. And even then, you still get alternate stuff like for the intro, side quests exclusive to 9S and the completely different fighting style of 9S...
>>
Gameplay is mediocre

Story is alright

Music is 10/10

Character design is 10/10 too
>>
>>381555836
i think is at 30% discount
>>
>>381555717
I don't want to walka round the same environments. The game is good but it simply isn't for me. I forced myself already too much to like it, same with witcher 3.
I will read the story somwhere because it does seem pretty good.
>>381555626
>The bunker has a proposital backdoor
The bunker being? The ship above the earth where all the androids are? And how is there a ''backrood'' ?
>>
>>381556042
Yep, -30%.
>>
>>381555912
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they just network of machines that downloaded and learned/made? from the Shadowlord's data or something
>>
>>381555821
I understand the soundtrack is stellar

But I seriously don't remember it playing in game unless in villages. I understand what they were going for, but I disagree with it and it should have had multiple hyrule themes for different zones.
>>
>>381552998
I wish all of /v/ had discussions like this. Most of what I see is shit posting and giving stupid reasons for not liking vidya.
>>
>>381556134
The network absorbed the data from the Divine Tree, which contained data from the Shadowlord, yes. The machine lifeforms copy the humans but never learn from their mistakes, much like humans in fact.
>>
>>381556061
Repeated environments are a legit complaint, I guess. Very sad that you can't enjoy this game becuse of it because it's the best thing the industry produced in the last 5 to 10 years.

The Machine Network can access the Bunker whenever they want and fuck things up there. This was set up to ensure that YoRHa would be killed by the Machines and thus serve their morale-boosting purpose without endangering the secret truth about Mankind.

This happens in Route C, and on the end of it 9S learns about it being proposital - that he and 2B and everyone else he knew and love were nothing but sacrificial lambs.

And yes, Bunker is the HQ
>>
>>381556315
>much like humans in fact.
Damn...........
>>
>>381548221
you're fooling yourself if you think any of those are true

This game is only slightly above average in terms of gameplay. you need to stop thinking with your dick son.
>>
>>381556142
It plays during the night, on horseback, on heights, while gliding, not only in villages.
>>
>>381556414
>This was set up to ensure that YoRHa wo

Two more questions and im probably done. Sorry and thank you for your time.
it was set up by whom? .

And what's adams and eves role? What happes to my nigger pascal?
>>
>>381548221
>Mediocre gameplay
>Great music
>Mediocre story, decent themes
>Mediocre characters, decent character designs

7/10, not anywhere near GOTY.
>>
>>381556629
by whom and why? *
>>
>>381555610
>it's okay to care about story in videogames when japan does it!
>>
>>381551763
t.Tarocuck.
>>
>>381556739
>inb4 the IT'S YOKO FUCKING TARO-copy pasta
>>
>>381556061
The Creator(s) of YoRHa created a security bypass (a.k.a the backdoor) in the orbital station with the goal of eventually destroying it in an indirect manner (and YoRHa), thus ensuring that 1)the connection to "mankind" was severed and 2)the androids would blame the machines for the destruction of said connection, while believing that mankind was still in the moon, possibly planning their next offensive. The only purpose that YoRHa served was to give the illusion that mankind (essentially, their gods) not only existed, but actively participated in their war, thus giving them a purpose to exist (being slaves by their very nature, they have trouble existing if they don't recieve orders from their masters.)
>>
Ah yes, nihilistic philosophy, my favorite companion for my weeb waifu fapbait, that way my dad won't judge me, this is philosophy, this is art, I mean I deleted my save... truly... makes... me... feel... and think... about the meaning... of stuff...
>>
>>381556414
>the best thing the industry produced in the last 5 to 10 years
Automatafags are delusional as always.
>>
>>381556629
>it was set up by whom?

Other Androids, if I'm not mistaken. There is a story out of the game in the concert where we learn about an Android Scientist that comes up with the YoRHa models. The story has two characters, Number 2 and Number 9, who are prototypes, and pretty much predecessors to the 2 and 9 personality models (AKA 2B and 9S). Number 9 is the one that sets up the backdoor because he goes fucking insane when he learns the truth about YoRHa's purpose. Or something like that, I don't completely recall it.

>And what's adams and eves role? What happes to my nigger pascal?

Adam and Eve are just machines that evolved a lot. Adam wanted to study humanity, and Eve just wanted to be happy with his brother and wreck shit. Adam dies later in the game, and Eve gets fucking mad and decides to destroy all the Androids. You beat him to close Route A.

Pascal gets fucked up. Basically: On Route C, where machines are fucking everything up before their masterplan, his village is destroyed. He manages to escape with the children robots to the Facility, but they are cornered by the robot army. You as A2 and Pascal fight against the army and win (Pascal even drives an Engels, one of those giant robots, and you play a Mecha fight for two minutes), but when they go back in, all the children are dead. They killed themselves out of fear of what would happen.

Pascal goes crazy with guilt, because he was the one to taught emotions to the robot children, and asks you to either kill him or wipe hs memory. Not sure if you actually can kill him, I wiped his memory

He can later be found, amnesiac, in his old Village.

He sells an item called Child Core, which serves no purpose besides shitting on your feelings.
>>
>>381556671
But Overwatch was GOTY right
>>
>>381556795
Fantastic rebuttal, Anon.

Please enlighten us with your knowledge about narrative.
>>
>>381556704
The creator(s) of YoRHa who in side material we learn that he is named Zenia.
I say creator(s) because, while he came up with the idea of the lying about the existance of humanity, he wasn't the one to add the finishing touches to the project or implement it the backdoor plan...
>>
>>381556963
Side material states that YoRHa was created by an android named Zinnia who's supposedly the base personality of Pod 042
>>
>>381548221
>goty gameplay
Its sure an improvement over the first nier, but still shit.
>>
>>381557270
>>381557297
I just said that you dinguslord!
>>
>>381557342
It wasn't there when I was writing it baka
>>
>>381557150
>You as A2 and Pascal fight against the army and win (Pascal even drives an Engels, one of those giant robots, and you play a Mecha fight for two minutes), but when they go back in, all the children are dead. They killed themselves out of fear of what would happen.

This is legit GOTY-story material. Is A2's moveset gud?
>>
>>381557517
She's 2B without the Hold Square attacks, because it's replaced by a taunt with slight sexual innuendos.

The story is absolutely great and things go much wilder in Route C.

You really, REALLY should give this game another chance, the story can absolutely carries it even with the environmental repetition. And I haven't even told you about the better stuff, like 9S going absolutely nuclear, and the marvelous experience that is Ending E (which cannot be replicated by reading or youtube videos).

I never cared so much about a fictional couple than 9S and 2B.
>>
File: oOoOOooO Nines.jpg (427KB, 1661x1553px) Image search: [Google]
oOoOOooO Nines.jpg
427KB, 1661x1553px
>>381557517
She is essentially 2B, only she gets angry instead of committing sudoku and she isn't best girl.
FITE ME
>>
>>381557826
i guess i will continue playing it.
>>
>humanity council was made by androids
>androids were made of machines
>machines were made of humanity
>everybody wants to kill everybody

I saw it coming and as expected, it was pants-over-head retarded
>>
>>381558240
More like everybody wants to replicate humanity and find meaning in their existence.
>>
>>381557869
A2 was best girl for me when she decided to change her mind about the machines and went on being the wiser one in the end of C.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate 2B. The way she suffers a lot and the fact that shes an executioner model and have to kill every single 9S unit she encounters and finally breaks down in the end of A/B really got me throbbing
>>
File: 9Sjak.png (25KB, 298x297px) Image search: [Google]
9Sjak.png
25KB, 298x297px
>>381558337
>implying we have found a meaning in our existance to begin with
>>
>>381558240
only YoRHa were made of machines tho
>>
>>381548221
>>GOTY gameplay
HA!
>>
>>381558464
We have culture, art and society giving us at least some semblance of meaning.
Androids and machines are an intelligent form of life in a world devoid of any methods of diverting your attention away from existential dread which is what drives them absolutely crazy.

On the other hand, 2B/9S show that even androids can fall in love and find meaning of life in being with another person.
>>
I dunno about you all but my experience with automata was just lukewarm at best. It didn't do anything shocking or interesting, just felt like a platinum game that lasts too long with some melodrama and philosophy shoe-horned in to impress dumb people.
>>
Does anyone ever think for a bit that all of the stuff that happened happened because of a dude and his dragon and a giant song-goddess brawled in a place they're not supposed to? Also the pilot who shot down the dragon single-handedly became the catalyst of the humans' ways of resisting?
I mean I can wrap my head around it but it's just crazy.
>>
>>381558464
That's exactly the thing about the whole game if you look at it from a meta perspective though, it wants you to find your own meaning and to keep in mind that greatness is achieved through getting together. You can do it, anon!
>>
>>381553127
if only automata actually did have mainstream success your point might hold some value
>>
>EGL anime girl with a blindfold is GOTY character design
>>
>>381548845
>hollywood budget vs normal game budget
Hmmm
>>
>>381559153
I actually found a local journal (not only about games) one month ago where they gave NieR: Automata a 4.5/5, it definitely has achieved mainstream success in some form.
>>
>>381558801
even the pods
>>
>character has blindfolds
>during a moment of revelation they take the blindfolds off
Was any actually impressed by this predictable and mediocre writing?
>>
>>381558337
>>381558464

Shame I'm not 15 anymore and need some higher purpose to motivate myself. The message felt pretty inane to me and I wanted it to go further, but then again, Taro did warn not to expect too much. He's the kind of guy who doesn't say stuff like that out of modesty, but is dead serious.
>>
>>381559464
Pods and their move in ending E is so cool because they are machine lifeforms created by other machine lifeforms with a single purpose of being a soulless tool.
If they can say "fuck you" to their programming, androids can achieve everything on their own too.
>>
>>381557517
A2's dash causes her to disappear and if you hold it down she keeps dashing and starts to crackle with sexual energy.
>>
File: Tohru_Adachi.jpg (33KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
Tohru_Adachi.jpg
33KB, 250x290px
>it's "deep and philosophical" so it's better than things that aren't

Tired of this shit
Merit is not decided by how a work presents itself
Zelda and Persona are not worse than Nier just because they have less "muh feels" or less "muh twists"
"Mature" is a meme created by hollywood wankers

Also reviews and awards like GOTY don't mean shit; critics are scum barnacle parasites who scrape the bottom of humanity's barrel and they deserve to be purged so their wives' sons can grow up with a sense of right and wrong

Eat shit
>>
>>381559424
some literally who in the local area reviewed the game
if that's considered "mainstream success" then I can't even begin to imagine how unknown and completely buried the original nier was upon release
>>
>>381559693
Youre right, Persona is worse than Nier in a gameplay and story sense

Seriously do you need regular scenes, and phone convos re explaining the plot every 5 mins?
>>
>>381559705
Sorry but if a niche game like this is reviewed by a literal who in the local area, that means something. NieR: Automata is #4 in Global Top Sellers on Steam right now, it definitely has achieved success.
The original NieR was pretty much only followed by a group of passionate fans and was quite obscure, but it still appeared at E3 the year before its release IIRC.
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY gameplay
Come on, it is not even best of Platinum on that aspect.
>>
>>381557869
Cropping porn so you cant find the source should be criminal
>>
>>381559858
Not him but I went into automata and persona 5 without any previous experience of either games and persona 5 is leaps and bound above automata in pretty much every way imaginable. automata is just really an "ok" game, only merit it has is 2B's ass and soap opera melodrama.
>>
>>381548221
>>GOTY gameplay
Kill your fucking self

why the fuck

WHY AM I A A2FAG?
>>
>>381560117
This.
>>
File: 1496653018831.png (469KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
1496653018831.png
469KB, 532x532px
>>381559958
>if a literal who reviews something, that means something
>>
File: 1489631300834.jpg (30KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
1489631300834.jpg
30KB, 180x191px
Gameplay is absolute garbage.
Story is a chore until third playthrough.
and
>>381548991
>>
>>381560521
If you don't want to get that, it's fine, but you can't deny that NieR: Automata is #4 in Global Top Sellers on Steam right now, and this is months after release, for a singleplayer game only 30% off.
>>
Gameplay is basic as fuck
>>
File: Yakuza0.jpg (22KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza0.jpg
22KB, 250x313px
back the fuck off
>>
>>381552794
shrine
>>
>>381548221
>GOTY gameplay
>GOTY music
>GOTY story
>GOTY character design

I call this B$.
>>
OK gameplay but SHIT enemy variety for hack n slash game

HIT OR MISS soundtrack

MEAGRE story whose coherence only comes with multipe playthroughs, what becomes very bad pacing. Attempts to take itself seriously are undermined by general immaturity of the story itself(sexy ninja robots from moon investigate earth)

PANDERING character design. It makes no sense and only serves as an excuse to attract boner happy teenagerd.

SHIT bland graphics with no stylistic variety to make up for it.

ATROCIOUS gimmicky top down gameplay sequances.

Fuck off OP
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.