[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would having companies make their games for one platform be a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1497813925313.png (86KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1497813925313.png
86KB, 588x588px
Would having companies make their games for one platform be a good or a bad thing, and why?
>>
Exckusive games are 99% of the time a lot higher in quality. Publishers have to give it their all to get the must have games to buy said paltform that it's available on.
See, recent example: Multiplats shown at E3 this year vs the exclusives.
With that being said, if there is no hardware competition, devs/publisher might focus solely on the games. But i don't know. It doesn't seem to be the case with multiplats.
>>
>>381547652
exclusives are anticonsumer
unless they're like low budget indies on pc because that's the only thing they could make it on, or if it uses a specific feature of the hardware to great degree
>>
File: 1495089901064.png (107KB, 751x607px) Image search: [Google]
1495089901064.png
107KB, 751x607px
>>381547652
>Would having companies make their games for one platform be a good or a bad thing, and why?

Bad in general since anti consumer and blah blah blah repeated drivel about that.
But there is an upside since sometimes shit that would not otherwise exist get made. Like bayonetta 2 for instance. And separated though similar ecosystems of vidya adds another level of competition when it comes to vidya making. So it can and does lead to shit existing that would not otherwise exist to entice people to buy the console it is on simply to play the game.

So it is got both good and bad points that could be argued but sadly i would say that over all it is better though admittedly yes a bit anti consumer. Since without console exclusives that would mean that some of the neato shit we got today would not exist. but at the expense of needing to spend more money on individual consoles.

Shit sucks but its got its upsides.
>>
>>381547976
False

>>381548123
>>381548551
Correct. The only people who lose from exclusives is gamers, the only people who win are console manufacturers. So why would you ever support this practice?

I get it, exclusives give consoles an excuse to live, at what point does /v/ stop being pussywhipped by their chosen $350 timewaster?
>>
>>381548551
Oh anon, bayonetta 2 would have happened soon enough anyway, are all these upsides directly attributed to a game being an exclusive, or just a game you enjoyed that also happened to come out for the WiiU?
>>
>>381547652
It's only bad if you chose the wrong console
>>
>>381547976
>Port a game from one console to another
>Somehow immediately loses all quality
How the fuck does that work in your head, anon?
This only happens porting games from PC to console, or in rare cases vice versa.
>>
>>381549932
Are you american?
>>381549638
Yeah because the yearly assassins creed is on the same quality as, say breath of the wild or bloodborne
>>
>>381550614
You going to try and insult me or are we going to have a discussion about videogames?>>381550614
Quality of the game has nothing to do with its exclusive or non exclusive status
>>
>>381551667
>Quality of the game has nothing to do with its exclusive or non exclusive status
Ok.
>>
>>381551775
I mean it. Breath of the Wild is a good game, would it be a worse game if you were playing it with a different controller? You're blaming e quality of a game on the least important part of its development, which is to say everything but the game itself.
>>
>>381551921
Me too dude. Multiplats are on the same level of quality, on par with first party exclusives.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.