[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you didn't like this game then chances are you never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: feat.jpg (87KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
feat.jpg
87KB, 800x427px
If you didn't like this game then chances are you never liked classic ps1 and dc era resident evil games.
It might not be third person but it sure as hell has a lot more in common with classic RE than the nu hollywood action wannabe RE games.
>>
>>381547124
Ye
>>
>nu-fan thinks his opinion matters
>>
I've played every Resident Evil game save for Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2.

I dislike Resident Evil 7 various reasons. Lack of creature variety, reliance on cheap scripted scares that take control away from the player, the removal of the serie's more arcade-y elements in the name of being more gritty and cinematic, and it being super inconsistent from both a gameplay and tonal perspective. The story is also terrible even by RE standards, but I don't play these games for the narrative anyway.

Not the worst, and a breath of fresh air after 6, but anyone who puts in their top 5 RE titles is a mouthbreather.
>>
>>381547124

I agree, I grew up on the old games and I hated the new games even though I liked 4. While it isn't fully oldschool RE it has a lot more in common with them than the action games do.

I'd still rather go back to the old style completely however.
>>
>>381547124
>shit opinion
>>
>>381547124
>If you didn't like this game then chances are you never liked classic ps1 and dc era resident evil games.
this is "vaccines cause autism" level of why would you assume something like that

favorite RE is 2
>>
The game being in first person isn't the issue.

The game design decisions and mechanics removed/modified/simplified to account for VR are the issue, and are what make the game feel very un-Resident Evil.

That, and the game paying more homage to horror films like Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw as opposed to the series usual Romaro and B-Mad Science schlock.

It's more Resident Evil than 4-5, which were basically RE in name only, but it's still not Resident Evil. Also, RE4 was a better game/reboot despite that fact and the stuff the ended up spawning for it. It knew what it wanted to be, and executed it perfectly. RE7, despite making almost as big changes to the formula, felt indecisive as to what kind of game it wanted to be. Sometimes it wanted to be Outlast, other times it tried to emulate traditional RE, and then occasionally it dips into RE4-tier action schlock. Those inconsistencies hold the game back from being anything more than "Okay".

Another personal gripe I have is it having barely any replay value, and a total absence of the bonus content that the series was always known for.
>>
>>381547124
I love classic RE, mostly 2 and Remake. Also actually like 0 and CV because I put them off until just a few years ago and they gave me back the classic RE feel even if they aren't really great REs, still fun as fuck. Liked 4, 5 not that much. Actually hated 6 when it first came out but after playing it a year later, it wasn't really that bad.
I turned off RE7 after a little more than an hour because it was shit. Vendetta is the real 7.
>>
I hate how Resident Evil 7 kiddies love to pretend that the game has no flaws, and anybody who has legitimate criticisms of it is just butthurt that the series is't action garbage anymore.

Despite the fact that it's also barely Resident Evil too, just going full retard on the other end of the casual spectrum.
>>
File: leon-.jpg (1MB, 1600x1327px) Image search: [Google]
leon-.jpg
1MB, 1600x1327px
>>381547124
>If you didn't like this game then chances are you never liked classic ps1 and dc era resident evil games.
I didn't like this game.

As a lad I liked the PS1 era games, but also now realize that they were a product of their time and in retrospect, Resident Evil was never really scary unless your a kid.

REVII made me laugh more than spook me. It's not that it was bad, just that it forgot why RE introduced action in the first place. It's...a nice gesture but a misguided game, if that makes any sense.

That isn't to say that Resident Evil games have been terribly great, either. For all the polishing RE6 did for the combat, it flubbed on the linearity and setpieces taking center stage with zero emphasis on atmosphere and tension born of the mechanics. It was kept the co-op from Re5, which was a mistake to begin with (though my friend seems to like it, so I guess it's not all bad.)

RE4 was when the series reached Nirvana. Perfect blend of hokey horror tropes mixed with action-oriented shooting mechanics, the great atmosphere Resident Evil is known for, and the series trademark weird attachment to arbitrary shiny objects being keys to things.
>>
>>381547124
I really liked RE 1 and 2 and I think RE VII is trash.
Is Bioshock Infinite tier garbage.
>>
>literally nobody cares about RE7 anymore now that all the popular youtubers have stopped screaming for views in their VR headsets
If the game's so great, why does no one talk about it anymore? I never even saw actual gameplay or story discussion apart from "WHO BEST GRILL xD" shitposts.
>>
>>381547124
haha, ebic post friendo, le upboat xD
>>
>>381547859
>>Not the worst, and a breath of fresh air after 6, but anyone who puts in their top 5 RE titles is a mouthbreather.
Eh, it's better than CV. Top 3 makes you full retard though.
>>
I love Resident Evil 1.

RE7 has more in common with nu-Hollywood walking simulators. You're a dummy if you can't see how pretentious the game is.
>>
>>381549896
In what fucking way is RE7 pretentious? It's really straight forward.
>>
Anyone else hoping the mia being dead ending is canon
>>
>>381549757
Because it's a single player game that's no longer 10 hours and came out almost half a year ago.
>>
>>381549710

Tbh I stopped finding RE scary after growing up, but the scare is in the mechanics. When you think about it, the game is more about resource management and planning than it is solving puzzles and shooting.

When you're playing harder modes and trying to go for time goals or doing shit like a no-save run, the game becomes anus-clenchingly tense and frightening whenever a wrench is thrown into your plans. The dread that comes from knowing the crimson heads in the room you're supposed to backtrack through are about to wake up is kind of unique.

Sadly I don't think the devs even realised that aspect of OG RE and just decided to stick with the shooty fun that came from Nemesis and Dino Crisis 2 to turn that into RE4. There's so much more they could have done with enemies and environmental layouts/quirks to keep the original style interesting.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.