[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a controller good? What ruins a controller? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 41dwqbWAydL.jpg (22KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
41dwqbWAydL.jpg
22KB, 500x365px
What makes a controller good?
What ruins a controller?
What's a must have?
Which known controller is the Supreme Controller?
>>
>>381538617
The only controller I liked is the wii's(and by that I mean the remote and nunchuk).
The rest is just meh for me.
>>
>Comfy, robust
>crap triggers or poor build
>hard to say, there are a ton of good ones
>Xbox 360? Dpad is trash though
>>
>>381538617

X360 Wired Controller

It's comfortable, nice button layout, cable is long enough, no batteries, it works natively on PC, well built, cheap.

I like the WiiU pro controller but you need to mess around with drivers, you need a bluetooth dongle, have to use xpadder and in some games tweak the ini files.
>>
a decent d pad
good analogue sticks well at least one good analogue stick
not too big but not too small
but the position of buttons is key
>>
>>381538617
As long as it's comfortable and works extremely well with it's console and PC is all I need.
Favorite controllers are between the Pro Controllers for Switch and Wii U
Joy-Cons for when I want to just be a lazy ass in bed
>>
>>381538814

You are entitled to you opinion, however it places you in a disgusting small minority and informs me that you don't have much experience with controllers.
>>
I know it's a meme but I really did like the gamecube controller. I liked that all the buttons were distinct and you always knew exactly what you were pressing. Only complaint would be that the R and L buttons were too hard to press down.
>>
>>381538617
Dualshock4, you just need DS4Windows and it works (PS3 is also easy nowadays thanks to SCP driver)
360/X1 is even easier to setup but the dpads aren't good

The WiiU Pro controller is great but PC setup is too annoying and it's missing analog triggers
>>
File: pfYYkyi.gif (2MB, 322x232px) Image search: [Google]
pfYYkyi.gif
2MB, 322x232px
I'm about to buy a Switch Pro Controller;
Is there any specific bluetooth dongle that's recommended for use with a PC? I've bought 2-3 of them from China before and the things never fucking work, but they're like $40 from a brick and mortar store.
>>
>>381539103

Nah, I liked it too, actually more than the 360 controller, too bad is pretty much useless for the PC.
>>
>>381539267

I got a 5 bucks one and it worked, I think the problem is not the dongle but the drivers, IIRC I had to download a special Toshiba driver, also, you had to press sync on the controller and right after the last blink you had to press sync on your computer, such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>381538949
>well built
Wrong.
>>
>>381539417
Can't be more of a pain in the ass than the Steam controller I bought last week.
Thanks though; I'll look for something that seems robust and try my luck.
>>
I have found myself quite liking the ps4 controller, it has nice weight, the thumbsticks, triggers and bumpers feel nice, I'm indifferent towards the touch button pad thing.
My only real complaint is the d-pad because the playstation d-pad have just never felt good to me, if it had a Nintendo d-pad it would be a stellar controller but as is its very nice.
>>
>>381539818
I forgot those existed. They actually any good?
>>
>>381538858
>I don't think you know how to green text
>right, anon
>>
>>381539498
Stop buying chinese knock offs
>>
>>381540153
If you want a tool that will let you play PC-oriented genres like FPS and RTS passably from a couch, I guess maybe? But I can't get past the fact you cannot use the face buttons and control the camera at the same time. You could laboriously rebind everything to its overabundance of triggers on the back, but fuck that. The ergonomics are also wonky, the D-Pad is strangely hard to depress, and the thing itself just isn't very comfortable to hold for the larger-handed gentleman.

I wanted something to play Nier with, and to that end you couldn't do much worse than a steam controller. I'd return it in a second, but haha I opened the box so no dice; gonna look into using it as a HTPC control.
>>
>what ruins a controller

Glossy plastic finish. No exceptions. It's trash if it has glossy plastic finish.
>>
>>381540486
I don't.
>>
>>381538617
I use a PS3 controller for most things because it pisses me off the least, as much as I love the feel of a 360 controller, the fact that the dpad sucks, LB/RB quality varies wildly between controllers, and the facebuttons are squishy.

I personally think the logitech controllers would be the best because godtier Dpad, large handles, and tactile as fuck buttons, but they break way too easily... and also the trigger springs are too stiff.
>>
>>381541534
>I use a PS3 controller for most things because it pisses me off the least
Those are the standards of a defeated man...
>>
>>381540486
He's not wrong, unlike the Xbox original's controller S, the official 360 controllers are basically cheap fisher price toys. They're comfortable but they're literally cheap baby toy plastic, absolute garbage for durability and lasting functionality no matter how "well its cared for" which is the usual damage control when this is brought up.
>>
>>381541849
Unless you're a literal billionaire you're a defeated man anyway, we're all defeated men here.
>>
>>381538617
>What makes a controller good?
build quality

>What ruins a controller?
shitty build quality, shitty dpad, cosmetics over function, buttons that wear out in less than a year (shoulder buttons)

>What's a must have?
good shape and grip, build quality, easy to take apart for cleaning and painting

>Which known controller is the Supreme Controller?
whichever one works for you
>>
>>381538617
Durability, low delay if wireless, proper stick position (ala Xbox, Switch, gamecube etc) digital triggers, durable shoulders, firm shell, long battery life(again if wireless).
>>
>>381538949
360 is probably the best, the xbox one comes close but something just feels off about it and it lacks any weight.
Guess that's why they are cheaper than 360s though.
>>
File: 250px-Wavebird.jpg (10KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Wavebird.jpg
10KB, 250x210px
I'd marry this thing but the d-pad is absolute shit. Too small. It's a garbage d-pad.
>>
>>381542365
>360 the best
>that awful d-pad

Why do people shill this trash? The xbone controller is the only good xbox controller
>>
File: Kornheiser why.png (327KB, 280x485px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser why.png
327KB, 280x485px
>>381543009
Why does everyone forget the Xbox Original's controller. It literally shits on the 360 and One as a whole.
>>
>>381543298
It was a literal brick, looked ugly and still had D-Pad issues
>>
Let's design together the perfect controller, fellers!
>>
File: perfection.png (237KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
237KB, 960x500px
It's literally the 360 controller but with a much, much better d-pad
>>
>>381543009
people laud 360 controllers simply because they're cheap. when bone controllers drop to 25-30 bucks the proverbial tune will change to lauding bone controllers.
>>
>>381545220
I would love if they had just made the Steam Controller with a good d-pad instead of the analog stick, go all in on both trackpads operating as the l/r analog instead of the left trackpad being some weird d-pad monstrosity and better face buttons.
>>
>>381545389
It's got much better everything.
>>
why is the xbox elite controller never mentioned?
>>
>>381538949
360 controller served me well for a long time but the Switch Pro controller has taken over as my favorite. Ordered a bluetooth dongle so I can use it for PC games.
>>
File: CHjlWeZUYAAALft.png (242KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CHjlWeZUYAAALft.png
242KB, 1024x576px
>>381546102
Not many people spend 150 bucks on a controller, unless it's like a vehicle sim device.
>>
I quite like the DS4, even though I don't have a PS4. The grips are comfy, and I like the button layout. The touch pad in the middle works great for remote controlling my PC. I wish there were better drivers for it though. For the most part it's okay but Dragons Dogma was freaking out during the QTE prompts.
>>
File: 1494269414811.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1494269414811.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>381542858
was very cool but to heavy in my opinion.

>dat one friend of mine had it amongst a group of five
>everytime we played smash he used is own wavebird AND a pair of white Silk Gloves
>>
>>381538617
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CONTROLLER:
>6 button Genesis controller
>make buttons all same size
>add shoulder buttons
>add duel thumb sticks at bottom
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.