[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish we could get a thing going where we all boot up some Metroid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1451369137648.png (606KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
1451369137648.png
606KB, 600x479px
I wish we could get a thing going where we all boot up some Metroid game, play for a set amount of time and post our progress to compare. Something easily emulated and accessible, like Super.
Does anyone want in on this shit or what? Otherwise, let's have an early morning Metroid thread just for the hell of it.
>>
>>381538613

Super Metroid is good, but for some reason I can't force myself to get through it again, after playing so many other games it feels slow and clunky, and no, I won't spend time learning advanced techniques.

Free bump, don't tell the mods.
>>
>>381538613
Sounds fun, maybe we could set up a time.
Bump.
>>
>>381539141
I feel the opposite. It's smooth and fast. I really think the movement is underappreciated, especially by people who are used to the GBA games. Just the way running works and affects jumping height is a huge game changer. Couple that with the fact that there's inertia to your momentum and you get a really interesting and fairly detailed movement system.
Not counting the speed booster, the GBA games really only have two states of movement. You're either standing still, or running at max speed and you can turn around on a pixel without losing any speed.
It's an old game and it has some flaws, but I think most people who complain about the movement and controls just haven't invested enough time into it to truly appreciate how good it can be.
>>
I also think it could be fun to create a points system too. You take a picture of your save file and inventory system.
For example, getting the Varia Suit nets you 5 points, whereas a missile tank is worth 1. Killing a major boss is worth 15 points, and a mini-boss 10. Just some ideas.
>>
>>381539431

Not Samus but the game itself, I might give it a chance some time later but my backlog just keeps growing.
>>
I'd be down to to compare progress on Super. start at a set time, compare after like however much time.
>>
>>381539196
>>381539924
When do you guys wanna go and for how long? An hour? 30 minutes?
>>
>>381540546
An hour sounds good.
>>
>>381540684
Should we keep things simple and just base points on item % at a 1:1 ratio?
Also, what do we do about saves? You'll need to get to a save point or you're current % won't show on the file select screen. Should we just roll with it and say any collected items are discarded if you can't find a save station in time?
>>
Doesn't seem to be too much interest. I'll try to pitch the idea again in a while. But, if you're up for it, stick around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.