[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about Parallel Worlds? It's a massive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (28KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28KB, 1920x1080px
How do you guys feel about Parallel Worlds? It's a massive hack/overhaul of A Link to the Past.

I first played it when it came out and thought it was too hard, didn't get far at all. Played Remodel (an easier version) a few years ago and quit after three terrible, linear, piss-easy dungeons with no substance whatsoever. Just picked up the original again and boy am I loving it. There are a couple of really cryptic things that I had to look up, but I've managed to get through most of it without any help. I'm nearing the end of the game and right now it may be my favorite Zelda hack.
>>
Never heard of it but now I want that.
>>
Is there a greater song in the series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSjJeZ8DOog
>>
>>381536942
It's great, it's probably the most elaborate ALttP hack there is, aside from maybe the new one made by the same guy that turns the game into a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day
>>
>>381537065
Well, I guess I got something to do. Thanks op.
>>
>>381537130
Hope you like it. Here's an "official" faq I found that was made by one the guys who helped make the game. There have been a couple times that it's really come in handy and saved me hours of frustration. http://www.shedevr.org.ru/zelda64rus/walkthrough/Parallel_Worlds_FAQ_2-0-RC1.pdf
>>
I played Remodeled first and had the exact same reaction - linear, piss easy shit. Really a shame because it had a good modder, just for some reason he thought that fixing the difficulty involved fucking neutering everything in the game. Dropped it after the second or third dungeon and knew I made the right decision almost immediately afterword.

Parallel Worlds is a beast. I was surprised there's not really a lot of Zelda hacks, considering Zelda 1 does, and so does SMW. But PW goes for what Zelda has always lacked: Difficulty. At times it's the old-school, cryptic type, and at other times the insane type (Moldorm with 3 shooters and the floor going out? Jesus.) but really gets intense the way the vanilla titles don't. When I got to this I knew I was in for a ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfC3Rs8_98

The moment you set foot in the Parallel Tower for the first time is when the music really hits and you know you're in for the long haul. That's a really cool gauntlet unlike anything in a Zelda game I can think of. That alone makes up for some of the game's more cryptic or flawed moments. Really cool shit. For those of you starting out: Make sure to get the overworld keys. It's gonna be a bitch if you don't.
>>
>>381537342
For example, the solution to the Lost Woods. It's never given or hinted at in-game, and it's different from previous games
>>
all rom hacks are garbage and there isn't a single one to prove otherwise. heh, inb4 your shitty links to long abandoned projects with errors, reused sprites and broken mechanics.
>>
>>381537456
Thanks for spoilering. I prefer to play my games as blind as possible. At least unless I'm at the point where I'm sure I turned every rock twice but I'm still stuck.
>>
Played it a long as fuck time ago. It was really good.
>>
File: Jetsam.gif (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Jetsam.gif
6KB, 150x150px
>>381537032
Yes, in the same game in fact.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8dPHDcRgoQ
>>
File: 1487303324064.jpg (46KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487303324064.jpg
46KB, 500x360px
>>381536851
I hated the execution of parallel worlds in Bioshock Infinite. You spend the first half of the game in one universe, then suddenly leave and never return. You enter a different, unrelated timeline, which makes the entire first half of the game completely pointless. Not a good thing in a narrative driven game.

Felt like a huge FUCK YOU to the player.
>>
>>381536851
Ambitious but kind of a bitch. I remember this one dungeon that's set out like a dungeon from the original LoZ.

BEAMOS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>381539468
>>381537032
>Autists fighting over shitty 16-bit chip tunes
kys
>>
File: 1410765839572.jpg (36KB, 350x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1410765839572.jpg
36KB, 350x1050px
>>381539468
Favorite boss battle tune in the Zelda games
>mfw hearing the intro to the final battle in ALBW
Shit got me pumped
>>
>>381536851
Parallel Worlds is great. I never got past the teleport dungeon though.

>>381537449
>Parallel Worlds is a beast. I was surprised there's not really a lot of Zelda hacks, considering Zelda 1 does, and so does SMW. But PW goes for what Zelda has always lacked: Difficulty.
It might be the lack of tools. SM is a much more complex game and still gets millions of hacks for example.
>>
>>381539468
0:28 - 0:34 honestly sounds like Mario kart.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.