[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just discovered this Kojima game. Well, time to play it and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Boktai_cover_art.jpg (32KB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
Boktai_cover_art.jpg
32KB, 316x320px
Just discovered this Kojima game.

Well, time to play it and call it one of the best games I've ever played regardless of what I'll think of it.
>>
>>381534394
Luckily for you, Boktai and Boktai 2 are pretty good action adventure games.
>>
>>381534394
Its actually good though
>>
Kojima wasn't super involved with it which is probably why the trilogy is so good
>>
Still super sad that the solar sensor on mine died
loved this game so much despite the fact that I was the only one for miles who owned the game,
so I couldn't properly trade for medals and progress through that post-game tower
>>
>>381534394
the only regrets i have is playing the game on emulator and couldn't experience the full experience first hand.

it's such an innovating idea back then.
and the game is fun with well executed idea too
>>
>>381535724
>and couldn't experience the full experience first hand.
You bought a blacklight and used it because the sun barely counted for more than a bar or two (At least in my experience) and you could barely see your GBA screen because of the glare needed to actually get sunlight on the thing in the first place.
>>
>>381535724
this>>381536187

creative? yes
good? no
>>
Can they not remake/port/make new versions of this game using the little brightness sensor that's in every product ever at this point? Even the switch has one.
>>
Is there a way to emulate it with the sun thing usable? I think the (3)DS could maybe do this?
>>
>>381534394
Just started playing this, I'm loving it so far! The art style is really cool too
>>
>>381534394
i wonder if they'd sell a separate solar sensor accessory for a modern version of this or just pack it in the box like they did with those pokewalker disc things
>>
>>381534394
actually it's a good, if not slightly underrated game.
>>
>>381534394
Had fun with them and had no idea Kojima was involved
>>
>>381536991
There's either a patch or a cheat code you put in that lets you press a certain button combo to toggle either max solar or varying solar levels, I can't remember. But yes, that's how you play it on an emulator.
>>
>>381537129
I don't see why the couldn't. The tech would probably be far more efficient nowadays too. Maybe make it a tiny little Bluetooth sensor you can hook anywhere. Onto your t-shirt and then go for a walk and it will charge.
>>
Lunar Knights is great too. One of my favorite DS games.
>>
>>381537705
Holy shit, I can no longer use LK as the "games never talked about on /v/" any more. My nigga
>>
>>381537705
It's alright but worse than the GBA games for me. Had unnecessary gameplay changes and the stealth takes to the back seat immediately instead of near the middle of the game
>>
File: Omega-Xis.png (12KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Omega-Xis.png
12KB, 256x384px
>>381537705
It feels a bit worse than the Boktai games, and the farming you have to do in the train area can get painful at times if you want to max stuff out, but it's still pretty fun. It's a shame you have to use cheats if you want Omega-Xis and the Megaman equipment in your game though.
>>
>>381534394
The Boktai games are great though. The 3rd one also got translated a long long time ago
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.