[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would you release your game during Steam Summer sale? Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (34KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34KB, 460x215px
Why would you release your game during Steam Summer sale? Isn't this a suicide from the marketing standpoint? What were they thinking?
>>
File: 1825248-648656_20111116_020.jpg (158KB, 1001x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1825248-648656_20111116_020.jpg
158KB, 1001x1190px
>>381532353
The Toki-Tori devs released Toki-Tori 2 during a steam sale and it was a disaster for them.
>>
>>381533228
How did Bandai-Namco allowed this to happen?
>>
>>381533293
uh sorry i don't get this ref
>>
>>381533489
They are publishing that Get Even game.
>>
>>381532353

I think it's a pretty good idea, if you can make use of it. I believe there are a lot more people browsing the store during the summer sale than any other time of the year. It's a good chance to get extended visibility. Launch your game with -10% off and it's like part of the deal, I think that would move a lot of copies.
>>
>>381535231
Almost nobod on Steam bought the game up to this point. That British PR company that told them to postpone the release because of Ariana Grande attack should get fired.
>>
>>381535363
I mean, can you really blame them, they are British after all
>>
>>381535363
Well, it's got no discount of any kind, while the front page is reserved for sales, so they did pretty much everything possible wrong.
>>
>>381536801
The price isn't high at all.
Are you saying that they should realease their game for 40 bucks and put it on constant discount? Are gamers really that stupid?
>>
>>381536882
The problem isn't that $40 is too much. $40 is the full price and that's perfectly fine. The problem is that because full price games don't show up on the front page during big steam sales, hardly anybody is going to see it. Couple that with the fact that people are going to be getting far more games for major discounts at that time, the prospect of buying a $40 game is going to seem less appealing to them by comparison.

Basically, nobody buys full price games during steam sales so it's a stupid idea to release something during one.
>>
>>381536882
It doesn't matter if the price is high or not. They're putting out a game without discounts when everyone buys NOTHING but games that are on sale. They could've put a -5% tag on it for 5 days, it could've been on the store front and done a whole lot better. Do you understand?
>>
>>381537368
>Do you understand?
Now I do. I even asked them directly about this and I'm waiting for the response.
>>
>>381537432

Of course, if a bigass house of idiots like Bamco is behind the publishing, then they will rather sell nothing than lower the launch price by even a dollar.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.