[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did games journalism get so stupid? Remember when it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

When did games journalism get so stupid? Remember when it was about games?
>>
>>381524315
>When did games journalism get so stupid?
The mid to late 2000s when all of the faggots who grew up in the liberal era and were indoctrinated by the crazy radical left ideologues who quietly infiltrated the media and academia in the late 90s after being told to fuck off in the 90s entered the workforce.

>Remember when it was about games?
Yes.
>>
>>381524315
When they realized outrage adclicks pay the same as normal ones.

If gamers stopped clicking links to outrage articles they would stop making them.

"yes white male gamers are garbage, yes games are no longer for white male gamers and here is why that's good!"
>>
>>381524514
You sound like a conspiracy theorist
>>
>>381524514
take your meds lad
>>
I remember the game mags in the 90s used to make fun of prudish sjw types.
>>
>>381524315
no. If anything games journalism is a lot better than when we were kids.
>>
>>381524789
This, really. Clickbait revenue generation bullshit gave rise to a business model that revolved around writing superfluous social fluff pieces, which were readily provided by failed journalists who couldn't get into larger publications' staff gigs. This snowballed horrendously post-2010, when video games became more mainstream and artistic sophistry took hold in marketing, with games beginning to be presented more as "deep" emotional experiences rather than simple fucking interactive entertainment.
>>
>>381527270
>no. If anything games journalism is a lot better than when we were kids.
Classic EGM and Dan Hsu want you to punch yourself in the fucking face, right now.
>>
Because back then there was no money in video games so people did what they wanted (including 'journalism') out of passion rather than profit. Video games becoming accepted by mainstream audiences brought money and since video game journalism was never developed with some pedigree it was really easy for unqualified idiots to become 'journalists' just by being vocal enough.
>>
>>381524514
Cultural marxists had infiltrated academia way before the 90s, it started happening in the 60s. As for media, it's been infiltrated since the beginning of the television.

The reason it's particularly bad now is because of all the faggot millennials who have entered the workforce and are now spewing their professors bs into the professional world, god I hate my generation. This what happens when you raise an entire generation to be mommy's special little angel snowflake who gets an award for doing nothing.

Boomers and gen x-ers like to bitch but it's all their fault for raising their kids like that.

So now we have all these face pierced neon haired skinny jean smedium flannel beanie in the summer wearing hipster contrarian vape fags whining about vidjya, because someone dared to put an attractive female in a game.
>>
>>381524315
I want to snack on Chun's armpits.
>>
>>381528689
I want her to sit on my face, burying my nose between her luscious ass cheeks as she slaps my erection and tells me I'm a bad boy
>>
File: 286185al0g4z.jpg (716KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
286185al0g4z.jpg
716KB, 2160x3840px
>>381528615
>I was born in le wrong generation
>>
>>381528689
>>381528839
Same + I want her to teach me the way of the kick

>>381524315
When I was 5 (98) I would read game magazines all the time. Shit was amazing, the comics inside said magazines were great (they could get away with calling someone a "fucking autist" in said comic, that would NEVER happen today). The magazines were French so basically they had a great mastery of language, and were genuine gamers who loved doing their job, they loved the games, they'd sometimes hold LAN parties or just stay to sleep at work with pizzas and mattresses when it was crunch time and it was great. So basically as a kid who could write great articles my dream job was to be a game journalist, I studied etc started towards my degree but holy fuck the game industry sinked hard.
Kotaku, Polygon etc I feel they're more symptoms than the disease. The disease itself is this culture that was perverted. People who aspired to be game journalists and do good reviews are now often found on YouTube, other than that the industry itself has become a shitshow. Also I'm not going to blame the left or liberals etc cause idk about the US politics and I'll attribute it prolly to that generation just being absolute sheltered cunts. All that Tumblr SJW transdimensional-gendered bullshit probably wouldn't happen if we still had global conflicts making people hardened
>>
Most white college grads still vote Republican iirc. IDK why you guys complain so much about the lack of conservative games journalism and games media when you have just as much opportunity to get into it as liberals do. Why don't you start your own, conservative media outlet or game development studio?
>>
>>381524315
When did /v/ get so stupid? Remember when it was about gameplay and not whyfoo faggotry?
>>
>>381524315
When gamefan ran out of cocaine and closed up.
>>
>>381524315
If you're in a writing field, and not including TRUMP in it, you are not making money.
>>
Game sites noticed that their traffic was overwhelmingly male. I have a small video game blog (about 200,000 views a month). The traffic is 90-95% male. This, of course, falls in line with the typical demographics of core games. (I don't have a lot of Farmville or Candy Crush Content.)

A number of years ago, gaming websites started being acquired by large media conglomerates. These media companies were driven to grow their audience, and the largest area for growth was women. When their attempts to appeal to women fell on their face, they finally realized that women don't play games. At this point, they decided that gamers didn't need to be their audience and used identity politics to attract a more diverse crowd. They think diversity is more important that raw traffic since it will make their site more appealing to a larger number of advertisers. The whole thing is a farce, of course. The marketing departments responsible for the changes aren't going to start waving white flags and admit that they're useless, but eventually everyone will realize that women and men are different and that it's a lost cause to reach out to groups that don't play games.
>>
>>381530623
Reminds me of that study where supposedly 51% of gamers are chicks
Like fuck off honestly this term has become a porte-manteau for everything to Snake to Candy Crush to Farmville if that's the case
>>
>>381529871
Because it's easier to bitch than be productive.
>>
Days like this I miss Nintendo power and PlayStation Magazine and old school game informer and gamepro
G4
Fuck man what happened?
>>
>>381524315
When it stopped being about fun and games instead became an excuse to show everyone how enlightened you are.
>>
>>381530723
It's sad how many people buy into that bullshit.

Some weak-chinned YouTube fag named ProJared started ranting on Twitter a while back about how his audience was almost exclusively male. He was looking for ways to shake this "stigma" of being part of the "boy's club." He blocked everyone who accurately pointed out that his audience was overwhelmingly male because video games fans were overwhelming male. The dude was blocking his own fans for telling the truth because he wanted to believe that he could somehow double his viewership by appealing to women. He wanted so badly to double his money that he deluded himself into thinking that there was a huge untapped market of female gamers out there.
>>
>>381531806
I can't even understand this shit as well because it's not like this would "double" his money, there's a good 3 billion guys out there. You don't need to pander to both audiences to get mad income, just do you and profit eventually comes. idk he sounds retarded, hope his channel crashes
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.