[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had my eye on this game for the longest time and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

I've had my eye on this game for the longest time and I just never came around getting into it. Now that the summer sale hit the market all that really interests me is Rainbow Six Siege.

I'd like to know what would be the better choice, between the Starter edition, being 15€, and the Stander Edition, which got a 40% sale on it dropping it to 24€. So the difference would be 9€, is the leap towards the Standard Edition's worth it? Thanks /v/irgins.
>>
>>381524083
Just buy the starter edition theres literally no difference
>>
"Starter is a gimped base game. You will need to unlock all your operators. They will be more expensive than normal. Vanilla operators will cost 12.5k renown instead of a mere 500-2000, while DLC operators will cost same as standard. DON'T GET THIS. It will turn up the grind to Korean MMO levels. Don't fall for the Starter Edition meme. You can definitely buy the Standard edition for cheaper than even Starter if you shop around."
>>
>>381524083
The starter edition is fucking awful. Get the full game
>>
DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

Worse grind than a fucking Korean MMO. You WILL burn out after 60 hours and only playing 6 operators.

Buy the standard game from a keysite for like $15 if you're that desperate.
>>
From the /v/ sticky:
Standard is the normal base game. You will need to unlock all your operators. Vanilla ones are normal price (500-2000 renown), DLC ones are 25k renown each.

Gold is the base game + Year 2 Season Pass. You will need to unlock Vanilla and Year 1 DLC operators. You will get Year 2 DLC operators automatically. Same unlocking costs as standard.

Complete is the base game + Year 2 Season Pass + Year 1 Operators. You will only need to unlock Vanilla operators. You will get Year 1 and 2 DLC operators automatically. Same unlocking costs as standard.

Starter is a gimped base game. You will need to unlock all your operators. They will be more expensive than normal. Vanilla operators will cost 12.5k renown instead of a mere 500-2000, while DLC operators will cost same as standard. DON'T GET THIS. It will turn up the grind to Korean MMO levels. Don't fall for the Starter Edition meme. You can definitely buy the Standard edition for cheaper than even Starter if you shop around.
>>
>>381525794
>>381525736
>>381525727
don't listen to these goobers op, they're obviously shilling for jewbisoft so you give them more money, theres basically no difference except you pay a bit more for operators, starter edition is the way to go
>>
Get the full game don't be stupid

Not the Deluxe or anything, just the full one

The starter shit makes you grind for the base operators a fuckton more and that's BAD if you want to learn how to play because you need variety ASAP and the base ones are important to have. For a bit more of cash it's worth it.
>>
>>381525794
this is why i just can't get into any multiplayer games anymore, the piecemeal content dripfeed.

like, i'm just done with buying games. publishers have made it intolerable.
>>
>>381526015
You unlock all the base characters in 1 week tops with the standard edition
>>
You PERMANENTLY have a shitty inflation to costs.
Get the standard edition, it's worth OP.
>>
>>381524083
Don't support Ubisoft anon.
>>
>>381525884
>a bit more
>2000 renown VS 12500
That's over 600%. For reference the average match of casual will get you around 300 renown
>>
>>381526559
shut up faggot, stop trying to scam op
>>
Honestly if the DLC operators are 25k on both editions why not just go Starter?
You're gonna use just a handful of vanilla characters anyway.
>>
>>381526015
It's honestly not bad at all with Siege. Everything you ever want can be bought with ingame currency and for a very reasonable amount, considering that they want you to buy them with cash/buy the season pass to get them all.

If you've been playing this game since the start, the season pass is pretty much a scam considering I've always had the points to buy the new operators as they came out.
>>
>>381524083
Have a friend that bought starter edition. Don't do it.
Nothing but complaints from him.
You don't want to pay 20k renown for standard operators, save that shit for the dlc operators.
>>
>>381526559
300 renown if you win.
>>
>>381524083
Don't, it's shit. Seriously, don't get it.
>>
>>381526643
I'm thinking you're the fucking scammer you shill fuck. You think ubisoft made the starter edition out of the kindness of their hearts? Of course not.
>of course the grind is longer goy, but don't worry, you can pay just 4 dollars for one of the operators!
I'm into you faggot
>>
File: fug.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
6KB, 377x330px
>>381527187
Uhhhh, you dont grind you leave your pc on for like 1 day and get 100k+ reown ur really bad i think u should consider learning how to farm
>>
I got a friend who bought the starter edition. The only way you can "upgrade" to the regular edition is unlocking all the base operators over hundreds of hours of grinding or buying them with cash. It costs like $20 to buy enough r6 cash shop points to unlock all the base operators, which ends up costing way more than the standard edition of the game.

Don't fall for this jewish trick.
>>
>>381527430
How?
>>
>>381527430
>>381528068
they patched afk farming like 6 months ago get with the times grandpa
>>
>>381528068
r u retarded, you load up plane with 3 people have a bandit, mute, and castle. Reinforce all the walls and have castle barricade that 1 door, now what you want to do is put barbed wire under the door and put bandits battery on it, so when they try to breach it or smash it open they'll get shocked, and have mute put his jammers by all the reinforced walls, just go afk you'll start racking up points from there gadgets getting fucked up and defending. and since they don't die you just constantly gain points
>>
Just buy starter edition and hack renow. You can hack 50k a day but you will have to google how to tho. Thats how i did it
>>
don't buy starter because you'll never be able to get the other operators without playing 1000 hours
>>
>>381529248
Really? is it Cheat Engine? what are the chances of getting caught?
>>
>>381529840
>what are the chances of getting caught?
none since you cant hack server-side values
>>
>>381526734
they are all (with maybe only the exception of 2 or 3) picked around.

Id say only IQ, Tatchanka and Blitz (because of the hitboxes) are the notably less picked
>>
>>381524083
Don't get starter edition.
If you on on /vg/ and look up /r6g/ the first line of every single r6 general thread is always, in all caps, DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION.
Hint: there's a reason for that.
>>
>make team based gane
>make it so that a large portion of your player base can only afford to have one or two operators to play as fo the next 50 hours of gameplay
fuck Ubisoft
>>
>>381530964
You're obviously referring to the starter edition, right? You can unlock half of the base operators just by completing all the Situations in the standard version
>>
I have the starter edition
do not fucking buy it
you will be grinding forever playing the same 3 fucking characters using the same shit guns over and over and over until you uninstall it.
>>
>>381524083
if you buy the starter edition you are either going to quit the game in a couple of days or you are going to wait for the next sale to buy the regular edition on a different account
>>
>>381529252
>>381529840
>>381530193

not op but on the same boat, why not buy the cheap on and hack a bunch of credit? the Cheat engine methods seems to be safe.
>>
>>381532457
I'd really rather not do any hacking, that stuff's too difficult for me. jump through hoops, might not even work, and if it doesn't work you're stuck with jack shit.
>>
>>381532521
>what is steam refund
>>
This is a dead game with incompetent devs don't buy it
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.