[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played these games.There was new DLC that just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: 2822284-fefbc.jpg (60KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
2822284-fefbc.jpg
60KB, 320x319px
I've never played these games.There was new DLC that just came out, I think called Revelations

Should I skip the first two and only play Revelations, or what? How does this work here?
>>
>>381523179
Just don't play Fates.
>>
Think of VN with multiple routes that leads into 'true' route with Revelations.
You don't need to play both, but one of them is required. It's not like Pokemon versions though since the way both campaigns play is rather different and Conquest is harder and more intresting albeit being even more stupid from the story perspective.
>>
File: 1497909539223.png (2MB, 1036x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1497909539223.png
2MB, 1036x1179px
Skip fates. Echoes is better.
>>
>>381523417
Which one has the woman with big tiddies?
>>
Just play Echoes instead

Awakening and Fates are total garbage
>>
>>381523179
Forget about it and just start with FE7 (Fire Emblem on the GBA) and work yourself up from there. Try out FE4, 5 and 6 too if you end up liking the series.
>>
>>381523712
Fuck me if I remember.
Guess Conquest has more of those.
>>
>>381523927
>going back to gba games after finishing Echoes
I just can't. Might as well wait 20 years for remakes.
>>
>>381523712
Both have women with big tiddies.
>>
>>381523989
You're right, Echoes is just like the GBA games but even better. I really hope FE Switch is based on the Echoes gameplay instead of Fates.
>>
>>381523989
I have the opposite problem, I can't get into the 3D games because their animations are so underwhelming compared to the great Sprite animations in the GBA games. There was just something about them that made the games really satisfying.
>>
File: 1497554006585.jpg (24KB, 279x330px) Image search: [Google]
1497554006585.jpg
24KB, 279x330px
>>381523179
The typical order is Birthright, Conquest, Revelation.
Birthright is ezmode (esp. if you use the big lobster man) and has possibly the safest/lest retarded story of the three.
Conquest has the worst story of the three, but is also the hardest.
Revelation is annoying af to play, has a pretty meh-bad story, and has grinding like Birthright did and poor unit balance.

I suggest playing any other FE.
>>
>>381523179
Just don't play Fates. If you must, just play Conquest and turn your brain off.
>>
File: 1452934881426.gif (373KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452934881426.gif
373KB, 480x320px
>>381524218
The 3D games have some pretty nice animations too, like when lethality activates but yeah that beautiful sprite work from the old games is much more amusing to watch.
>>
>>381524757
Seconded,Conquest is the 'best'.
>>
>>381524757
I'm pretty sure he might need his brain switched on for the actual gameplay since Conquest has the best map designs of all the 3DS games. The "story" is pants on head retarded though, when I was playing it I just got to a point where I would skip every cutscene and support conversation because I couldn't take any more of that complete shit.
>>
>>381524676
Revelations had the worst story I feel.
Conquest has some pants on head retarded moments though.
>>
>>381523179
Since the autists here are more interested in pushing an agenda than answering your question, let me lay it out for you.
3 routes that all play like a full game, but share classes and mechanics.
>Birthright: Hoshido units, newcomer friendly and is designed with Awakening in mind. Most maps are rout/defeat boss.
>Conquest: Nohr units, veteran friendly. Great variety of objectives and with well designed maps and enemy unit placements. AI is tweaked to take full advantage of the game's mechanics.
>Revelations: Both unit sets. Mostly like Birthright with a few curveball gimmick maps which mostly fall flat. "True" ending.
>>
>>381524094
I reckon they're going to try and satisfy both crowds with the coming FE games on Switch. Expect the next chronological game to be either a rework or an extension of Fates + Echoes in terms of gameplay and features. I'm not a big fan of the support mechanic but it's a selling point, no doubt.
Echoes seems to look like a moniker for remade versions of the older FE games. They will likely be remaking them under the name "Fire Emblem Echoes: .....".
>>
>>381525178
A lot of the supports are good though. Like all the games though there are some shit supports as well.

At least they are better then the ones in Echoes. Echoes might as well not even be there with how shallow and how much of an after thought they are.
>>
>>381523179
These games are like 2 years old. Just play Conquest and skip the story.

>>381523703
>>381523749
Echoes is good but overrated simply because it's a remake of an old game.
>>
>>381525523
>A lot of the supports are good though.

>>
>>381523179

Play Conquest, it has some of the best maps in the entire series.

Ignore EVERYTHING that comes out of any character's mouth.

Birthright is boring and revelations' maps are meh. Neither's story is enough to hold the rest of the game up, like Echoes.
>>
>>381526434
Which one has Camilla in it? I wanna smother my face in her tiddies

I also want to fuck not-tharja but I think she's in the opposite game. What a load of FUCK
>>
>>381526434
echoes plays like ass and a standard jrpg plotline complete with a retarded heroine and killing god isn't enough to make me slog through it again
>>
>>381526681
Dragons aren't gods though.
>>
>>381523712
That would be Fates: Conquest
>>
>>381523179
Just play Echoes, it's the best one on 3ds without fanservice shit and anime bullshit, just like games on GBA(and they're one of the best in the series)
>>
>>381523703
>>381523749
>Playing Echoes as a first FE game
Echoes gameplay sucks and is carried by its story. Not a good game to get into the series with. Preferably, get an emulator and play the gba games, FE9, or FE10 first. Otherwise, play awakening, conquest, or birthright. Revelations should be played after conquest or birthright to make sense of the story.
>>
File: Delthea_Echoes.png (257KB, 370x594px) Image search: [Google]
Delthea_Echoes.png
257KB, 370x594px
>>381527063
>Echoes
>"without fanservice shit and anime bullshit"
>>
>>381526621
Camilla's in Conquest.

!Tharja's in Birthright, though naked mage is also in Conquest.

Both are in Revelations, though it has the shittiest maps.
>>
>>381527063
>Best one

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

It's maps are pretty shit, and the combat's broken. No Weapon triangle or any of the new stuff like pair up is fine, but speed is FUCKED in the ass.
>>
>>381526681
It's story is top tier for fire emblem, and actually pretty decent aside from retard girl. That said, it's only worth a playthrough once.
>>
>>381528012
>best one on 3ds
Can you read?
>>
>>381527638
Dyutie is a cutie
>>
>>381528139
You say that, but said retard girl is one of the two protagonists and as such takes up a large part of the plot. She's pretty firmly in the middle of Eirika and Azura.
>>
>>381523179
Revelations operates under the assumption you've beaten both birthright and conquest
>>
>>381528391
Sacred Stones is technically on 3DS

Even without that, Conquest is a better overall package because it's gameplay is amazing. Echoes' gameplay is shit, even if the story is decent.

10/10 gameplay and shit story > great story and 2/10 gameplay, at least when it comes to ACTUAL GAMES
>>
>>381523179
Don't listen to Conqucks that go on about "Gameplay". The MAPS are what they are talking about and it does have some good maps. The gameplay mechanics are even shittier than older Fire Emblem games though. Do yourself a favor and emulate 7/8 or if you want a 3DS game, get Shadows of Valentia. The maps don't make it anywhere near as bad as people meme and it's easily the best the 3DS has to offer. Not to mention that it doesn't have the abortion of a story that Fates has
>>
>>381528620
>Eirika
Not him, but that's not fair. Her only real fuck up is giving the stone to not-lyon, which is hardly her fault cause she was raised to be naive as fuck.

Cecelia is significantly worse than Azura, who is pretty much just a plot device.
>>
>>381528771
>Echoes' gameplay is shit
Sure buddy
>>
>>381523179
FE: Fates is a fine game in a great series, it just has some more anime' cliches and weaboo tendencies than most other games in the series. If this doesn't bother you, then you are in for a treat, because all 3 versions are fantastic in their own right.

Revelations is not meant to be played until you have finished at least one of the physical versions. The thing about this is that it isn't like a Poke'mon game, the "versions" are actually just branching paths in the story, all of them are each the length of a full game, and all three of them use different gameplay formulas and have different rules.

In my opinion, the best way to play them is Conquest, Birthright, and Revelation. The difference between them storywise is that you are choosing one side, the other side, or neither side in a war between two nations. In Conquest, you play the aggressive, invading side. In Birthright you play the defensive side that's being invaded, and in Revelation you choose to side with neither and both turn against you.

Also these games have IMO the absolute most god-tier soundtrack out of any game in the series or on the system and possibly in any modern game in years. Definitely recommended, don't listen to the haters, the games are great, even with the wacky stories.
>>
>>381529046
That's what I was saying. Between Eirika, Azura and Celica, who are the three female protags not counting MUs and Micaiah, Eirika is the best of them. Yeah she fucks up by giving Lyon the stone but that was the only time she was particularly stupid. I don't think Celica is as bad as Azura though.
>>
>>381528968
>Gameplay mechanics are even shittier than older FE games
Explain
>>
>>381529220
No, you're right.

Broken Speed Stat, the most plain maps in any game (meaning positioning is basically irrelevant), and being easy as fuck make for a great game.
>>
>>381529617
>Eirika is the best of them

Oh that makes more sense now, I misread.

Still think Celica is worse than Azura, but at this point it's just rotten apples to rotten oranges.
>>
>>381529403
>Also these games have IMO the absolute most god-tier soundtrack out of any game in the series or on the system and possibly in any modern game in years

That's some intense shit taste you have, end your miserable life and don't reproduce.
>>
>>381523703
Maps are shit, and the characters much worst and have less content
Only the story is better
>>
>>381529724
Ignore him. It's probably the stupid shitter who can't deal with ninja debuffs and weapon penalties and thinks magic is underpowered.
>>
>>381529403
That's a lot of shit for just one post anon.

You're like a world-class shit condenser.
>>
>>381530061
not an argument, retard
>>
>>381529910
Different anon here, I mean I wouldn't say it's beats a lot of other games, but OST of Fates is still GOAT imo.
>>
i really hate how they force all these relationship garbage so much, even for advance wars, the devs said

"Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars, but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have,"
>>
>>381529724
They're not. Every mechanic outside of children children is the best the series has been (skills are arguably not perfectly used, but still pretty damn good).

Maps range from good to fantastic. Very little in the way of open fields, Dragon Veins can change the maps drastically even halfway through the battle, forcing you to rethink your entire strategy in an organic way,

No Weapon Breaking allows for the player to focus more on strategic battling rather than farming with weak shit weapons, which in turn means that there's less fodder enemies to use the weak weapons on, and so overall battles are harder and require more critical thinking.

Weapon Triangle is better than ever, with Archery getting a major boost and Debuffs working fantastically. Magic got nerfed but it's always been OP so whatever.

Pair Up and Double Strike are used MUCH better than in Awakening, and add a significant layer of strategy as enemies will use both as well.

Class Changing is done well, giving everyone the ability to get a single class outside of their designated classes (giving more customization to regular units than most fire emblems, and not making them straight OP as in Awakening).

It's a fantastic Dr. Hyde of a game that turns into Mr. Jekyll anytime a character speaks.
>>
>>381530532
The AW characters bond over having their soldiers slaughtering each other for fun. Not that hard.
>>
File: 1455319894800.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455319894800.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>381523179
Revelations is not so good. Irritating to play and not in the "too hard" sense but in the "slow as balls due to irritating map gimmicks" sense.
Birthright is easy and good for a beginner. Dogshit story but not as bad as Conquest's.
Conquest has good gameplay, by far the best of the three, but a story that is so terrible that it actively drags the game's quality down. I firmly believe that it is one of the worst stories ever written in a commercial grade product, a vile vomited permanent shitstain on what could have been one of the best games in the series.
Pick your poison.
Other choices for the system include Awakening (pathetically easy but passable story and good for newcomers to the genre) and Echoes (Average to meh gameplay but the best story of all the 3DS ones).
So you have other options.
>>
>>381526163
There's some standout trash, but really your average Fates support is no different from an Echoes support.
>>
>>381526912
They're called gods time and time again.
>>
>>381533430
It's technology = magic shit all over again.
They are just powerful enough.
>>
>>381529804
The speed stat is fine, arguably great, but the maps are completely awful. They're either braindead, tedious, or uninteresting.
>>
>>381533634
What is a god then. Duma and Mila are cherished like Gods and they helped create Valentia. How does that not make them gods?
>>
File: 1483699382689.jpg (199KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1483699382689.jpg
199KB, 850x850px
OP here, I downloaded the undub and I'll be playing all of it. I ran out of games so I may as well give them a try.

I only wish I could pet the girl on the head. This is the only game I play as a dude in since you're expected to put it inside another girl's ass. Typically I play as the bustiest woman I can find.
>>
File: fe wholesome family.jpg (858KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fe wholesome family.jpg
858KB, 2560x1920px
>>381526621

Camilla is wholesome family fun
>>
File: Camilla_FE_Heroes_2.png (3MB, 1612x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Camilla_FE_Heroes_2.png
3MB, 1612x1838px
>>381526924
Is this game worth playing for Camilla?
>>
>Conquest Chapter 10
I almost got filtered out. Are the later chapters even harder?
>>
>>381537345
Not for a while
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.