[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jrpg thread >what are your favorites >play any recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

File: 781242-awwjack.jpg (16KB, 338x215px) Image search: [Google]
781242-awwjack.jpg
16KB, 338x215px
Jrpg thread
>what are your favorites
>play any recently
>what do look forward to in the future
>>
Hee-no!
>>
>>381520482
Recent
Persona 5, does Disgaea 1 count?
Play through Persona 1 PSP with PS1 soundtrack then go into Persona 2 PSP by the time EP translation is done after I'm done with D1.
>>
I'm playing Star Ocean 3. I have never played an SO before, and this game is really grating. I'm having fun... sorta. The awful voice acting is keeping me from being able to immerse myself in it.

I know the twist, which is really the main reason I'm interested in playing it. After this, my girlfriend will hopefully be done with the first Xenosaga so I can borrow that from her.

I'm looking forward to the .hack//G.U. remaster.
>>
File: Green-Dragon.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Dragon.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
>>381520482
>what are your favorites
Too many to count.
>play any recently
Playing one right now.
All the 3DS ones.
>>
Slowly making my way through DQ6. I just got to the point where the class system becomes available and I'm at a loss as to how this game seems to be one of the less liked entries. So far it's been fantastic.
>>
Just finished Nocturne. Holy fucking shit was it good. Was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did especially after finishing P5 earlier.

Is Digital devil saga worth playing? Im thinking about starting that next.
>>
Just finished SMT IV & Apocalypse
Just starting Persona 4 Golden, and this intro is killing me.
When does it pick up?
>>
File: Genei_Ibun_Roku_cover_art.jpg (135KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Genei_Ibun_Roku_cover_art.jpg
135KB, 250x250px
>>381520482
Is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE any good?
I've been getting games for my Wii U and I've heard very mixed opinions about it
>>
>>381520482
>What are your favourites
Real RPGs, aka none from Japan
>Play any recently
Lol, why the fuck would I do that? I'm not a permavirgin, mentally retarded, or feel like killing the video game industry
>What do you look forward to in the future
Permavirgin weeaboos dying and not passing on their faggot genes
>>
>>381525848
It's very good. People who say otherwise haven't played it.
>>
>what are your favorites
Final Fantasy X, Xenoblade Chronicles, Dark Cloud 2, TWEWY, Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy Tactics

>play any recently
Persona 5

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Remake
>>
>>381520482
>What are your favourites
DQ in general, Suikoden 2,5, FF5/6, P3

>Play any recently
probably DQ Heroes 2 haven't been playing much lately. Persona5/Berseria/Nier are still in my backlog fml

>What do you look forward to in the future
DQXI
>>
>>381520482
>what are your favorites
ONE MORE
>play any recently
GOD
REJECTED
>>
>>381520482
been playing strange journey, just got to sector e
it's pretty fun
>>
File: IMG_0618.jpg (626KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.jpg
626KB, 900x900px
>>381520482
I want to play the Persona games, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I haven't played any of them aside from like 30 minutes of Persona 4 at a friend's house years ago. As I understand it, the early games didn't age well, and don't really play like "Persona" games, although I hear 2's stories make it all worth it. Is revelations nothing special? Will I miss anything important or fun if I skip Revelations, or even OS/EP?
>>
>>381525848
Gameplay ist good, Story is shit but still a 7/10 game at least
>>
>>381520482
Someone please motivate me to start a JRPG, I've been wasting time browsing /v/ all day.
>>
Finished P5 an hour ago. Pretty good. Might finally do Apoc now since I flat dropped it to play P5 on release.
>>
>>381526846
my brother of african american descent

going to work my way through digital devil saga next
>>
>>381527892
The persona games are completely unrelated to one another, and especially to 1/2.

You can play them in any order you want, but there's some references from 3 in 4, and some references to 4 in 5, but they're just fanservice for the fans.
>>
>>381528228
>Story is shit

>>381525848
It's actually good so you need to have the palate for it. Still, it's one of the last few real exclusives belonging to the system so you might as well pick it up.
>>
>>381527892
Revelations has character cameos in IS/EP.
By the time you care about the earlier Personas, you might as well just play through them all so why not?
>>
>>381528378
Raising your team that struggles to finish off common game into god slayers is a pretty satisfying feeling, don't you agree?
>>
>What are your favorites
Don't know, just getting into the genre by getting into Persona and mainline SMT
>play any recently
Just started SMT Nocturne and only just got to Ginza. The more I hear and read about DDS makes me want to drop Nocturne and go to DDS instead. Am I too early in Nocturne to warrant dropping it for a while?
>What are you looking forward to
Re:Fantasy is it pretty much even if its barely a concept right now. Other than that, I guess FF7 remake but with it being episodic is really harshing my mellow. Also if its going to be actioney like FFXV then I might just skip it, fuck FFXV.
>>
Is Bravely Second any good if I liked the first game?
>>
File: 95193e287ae20dc0c342e5095924b323.jpg (101KB, 762x1046px) Image search: [Google]
95193e287ae20dc0c342e5095924b323.jpg
101KB, 762x1046px
Final Fantasy V is the best JRPG of all time. Shut the fuck up. I'm right.

I'm looking forward to Etrian Odyssey V.
>>
File: 1450130145856.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450130145856.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
>>381530358
>>381530997
My concern is that if I decide to skip a game, then go back to it after playing later entries, I won't be able to enjoy it because of the gameplay or whatever being so far behind. Apparently, this happens quite often.
>>
File: 7568758.png (152KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
7568758.png
152KB, 500x454px
>Favorites
Persona, M&L Superstar Saga, NieR
>Recent
I'm playing through Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's a step above most JRPGs.
>Future
Well I'm playing Xenoblade to get ready for the sequel. I'm also keen to try out the .hack remasters, FFXII Zodiac Age, and maybe Valkyria Revolution if that turns out good
>>
>>381531280
If you're that concerned about it then you need to at least attempt to play P1/2 first or you'll have a rough time going back
>>
>>381525848
It's really good but the story is dumb garbo. Gameplay, music and dungeons are really cool though. I was really hyped for Persona 5 dungeons but they were worse than in #FE.
>>
>>381525634
Yeah they're good, I like the first one more than the second one though.
>>
>some include Tales of Hearts, Soul Hackers, Final Fantasy V, Pokemon Crystal, Crystalis if it counts, among others
>last one I played to completion besides replays was Persona 5, I need to get back to SO3 but running into some constant crashes in some areas really turned me off
>Ever Oasis, Ys VIII, Etrian Odyssey V, cautiously hoping Pokemon USUM will be good this time, Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, maybe Ni No Kuni II because it seems to solve my issues with the first's PS3 version but Level-5 has burnt me a lot lately

Does anyone know if the localized versions of
Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII are going to have the bonus content on Vita or will buying those versions just be a waste of money? I'd much rather play my games on my Vita than my PS4 if possible and Remote Play doesn't jive with me. Can I at least transfer my saves?
>>
>>381525760
After a few hours. It's a slow burner, but there is a reason why it is so liked by many.
>>
File: WVW69j2HVMMqLvEJq.jpg (68KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69j2HVMMqLvEJq.jpg
68KB, 400x240px
>SMT series
>Xenoblade
>SMT5, Xenoblade 2
>>
>>381531280
I played in the order P3: Portable -> P4 -> - > P2 -> P5, and I felt that was the best way to get into the series.

I recommend P3P over FES. even though I now I'll get shit for it here. Not being able to control your party members has made so many people frustrated and some even drop the game because of that.
So play the PSP version, sure you miss out on the ugly anime cutscenes and 3D graphics, but it'll be worth it when you get into Tartarus, the meat of the game.
>>
>>381525634
It's good, but back when I played it, I had a hard time pushing through is. I don't even know why. The combat's good, the story is good enough, the characters are likable, but I just had to grit my teeth through it. It seriously took me like 4-5 months of playing for an hour or two, then wandering off.
>>
>>381530301
DDS is great, man
Read the tips and tricks from /smtg/ if you don't want bosses to kick your ass
>>
>>381525848
The gameplay is actually pretty decent.
The story is shit, and the whole thing reeks of a certain, concentrated weeaboo essence that only the hardiest gamers can endure.
>>
>>381531103
Level inflation really annoys me in JRPGs. At the start of the game you have experienced soldiers and kingdom-destroying threats at level 10 while later on you come across villages where mere farmers deal with level 50 monsters. And while your character has battle experience he starts at level 1 and slowly improves his strength, yet it's not uncommon for someone to pick up a weapon for the first time and join your party at level 40.
>>
>>381531165
Gameplay is generally improved, the new dungeons in particular are bounds above the ones in Default, and there's no Endless Eight, but most of the writing suffers compared to the first game and the new composer just can't live up to Revo. The main character's catchprase singlehandedly ruins several potentially good scenes. A lot of content is reused also in sidequests.

I think it's overall a better game, but unlike Default which I could see some people really adoring for specific aspects, I don't think as many might feel that way about Second.
>>
Recently I've beaten P5, and Nocturne and I think I'm getting close to the end of Xenoblade chronicles. I have XCX to play after

I tried SMT4 after nocturne but it just felt so much worse so I dropped it
>>
File: 1497760698925s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497760698925s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>people like Lost Odyssey enough to put it in their list of favourites
Will never understand this. It's so mediocre. That boring, slow battle system and ridiculous auto-res mechanic. Generic story. Dull characters. The world was pretty cool and there were some feels in the short stories but that's about it.
>>
>>381532990
Do you also get upset when characters die and no one uses a revival item on them?
>>
>>381520482
>what are your favorites
Megaten Nocturne
>play any recently
Lost Odyssey (re-play because I love it)
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
>>
File: ...jpg (267KB, 1000x869px) Image search: [Google]
...jpg
267KB, 1000x869px
>>381533756
>Megaten Nocturne
>>
Wrapping up SMT IV. I've never really had such mixed feelings on a game before. There's a constant bombardment of "Woah, that's cool" followed by "What the fuck?" moments almost immediately afterword. I constantly felt like the game was extremely unbalanced, yet somehow intriguing enough that I wanted to finish it.

Looking forward to starting Apocalypse later to fix the more arbitrary elements and then SJ Redux to have actual dungeons. And hopefully a plot that doesn't conclude with you becoming the errand bitch boy of whatever alignment you're locked into.
>>
File: 600px-DoomPoke.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-DoomPoke.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>381534140
>Shen Megoomi Tensee
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.