[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played any of the kingdom hearts games but have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I've never played any of the kingdom hearts games but have been wanting to. are they worth going through now? how have they aged? Is this worth $35?
>>
>>381518458
if you like wacky japanese rpgs with convoluted stories and a hint of disney, then yes it is worth it.
>>
>>381518458
>I've never played any of the kingdom hearts games but have been wanting to. are they worth going through now? Is this worth $35?
Yes, you get a shit ton of content for that price.

>how have they aged?
Depends who you ask. Personally I feel KH1 is showing its age and can turn new players off, but the rest of the series is solid. Just remember that for the time, KH1 was one of the first of its kind. All the games after that I enjoyed. Kingdom Hearts 2 should be experienced by everyone.
>>
>>381518458
>6 games, 3 of which are top tier, 1 of which is god tier (KH2), and the rest of which are bretty good
>$35
Ja dood
>>
>>381519806
Well, to be more accurate it's 4 games. 2 are movies. Your point stands though.
>>
I'm playing through for the first time now.

Finished 1, chain and halfway through 2.

1 is a mediocre action game, chain might be one of the worst games I've ever played. 2 is really good so far.
>>
>>381519427
>I feel KH1 is really showing it's age

I think this only applies if you've played 2. I thought KH1 felt great when I replayed it, but when I went back to it after replaying 2 for the first time since I was 13 it was almost unplayable
>>
>>381521429
If you care enough, you should give the original Chain of Memories on GBA a shot, I promise that it works better.
>>
>>381521429
Chain is very much a love it or hate it game
>>
>>381518458
Don't even fucking bother. Each game has about 4 hours of cutscenes each. Not even kidding. Those cucks at Square might as well just remaster all those games into actual movies, seeing as that's what they really are.
>>
>>381521673
Platforming in 1 was pretty bad though. 1 actually had a lot of really bad elements in it and a bunch of gameplay design choices that would be seen as questionable now.

I actually prefer the first KH to the second, but I think the second is definitely a more polished, more enjoyable to play game.
>>
>>381522082
>30 hour games
>4 hours of cutscenes
Hmm...
>>
>>381522082

WOOOOOOOOOW WHY DOES MY RPG'S HAVE STORY IN IT
>>
>>381522082
You could just skip them....
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.