[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a game like this actually possible? https://www.youtube.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is a game like this actually possible?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJH5zo_1pfs
After zooming out like he did I'm extremely skeptical as to how this game could be possible.
BGE:2 thread
>>
>>381508306
it looks like shit
>>
No Mans Sky 2.0
>>
>>381508306
I'd hope so, yes.
but we all know that this will end up being just another glorify No Mans Shit.
>>
>>381508306

>modern Ubishit

Look at the original game and tell me modern Ubi could make anything like that
>>
Battlecruiser 3000AD managed to do shit like this 21 years ago. I've no doubt they can do it, I'm just worried about how they're going to fill up all that space with meaningful shit to do. I'm also skeptical about the whole 'emergent missions based on asteroid strikes' and shit too. I don't doubt it's possible to come up with a system like that, I just doubt it'll turn out as well as they hope and whether they'll really be able to do the same for a whole bunch of other planets too.

Just way too ambitious. Also, still mad Jade and Pey'j aren't in.
>>
>>381508774
I dunno, the guy that made it is still on it so hey who knows
>>
>>381508306
That looks exactly like the Infinity engine that's been in development for like ten years.
>>
>>381508306
its possible to make stuff that big, it's just not possible to make it that big and also make it quality, not proceduraly generated trash
>>
>>381508306
So the way he talks about it in this video points to it being hand crafted instead of generated which is a positive for me.
The planets are obviously not gonna be filled with content, but if the cities and other locations are handcrafted, it's gonna be way better than nms.
>>
>>381508428
>It has space, therefore it's literally No Man's Sky!
Has that game replaced TOR now? No Man's Sky failed at 2 things: creating an infinitely explorable universe and giving you a reason to explore that universe. When every planet is exactly the same and all upgrades are just faster ways to get through the grind every planet forces on you it all turns to shit by your second planet. Regardless of the Molyneux type promises Ancel is making, he's not claiming every planet will be a brand new flavor of Eden, and there's a clear goal he brings up in getting money to buy bigger and cooler ships while exposing corruption.
>>
>>381508306
The First game was shit. This too will be shit. Its Ubisoft's Jax and Daxters
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.