[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally release an RTS mode in your fucking RTS game, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DOW3.jpg (513KB, 1510x1099px) Image search: [Google]
DOW3.jpg
513KB, 1510x1099px
>Finally release an RTS mode in your fucking RTS game, the third one in an RTS franchise
>Still doesn't bring back players
>Game is even on sale
>Current players 600

Relic dun goofed.
>>
>>381503490
>Relic dun goofed.
Nobody who currently works at Relic was ever a part of the same team who developed the few good games they were responsible for.
Current Relic is a husk; it died when the lead designer did.
>>
>>381504168
Makes sense then why it seems to be nothing at all like Dawn of War
>>
>>381503490
The problem is they had the sale at only 25% percent off.
They should just have bitten the bullet and put half off.
Hell, I would have gotten it if it was 50% off.
>>
>>381503490
MOBA shit
Could've listened to the community but nope.
>>
>>381505465
Funny how badly this blew up in their faces
>>
Why don't they fucking understand the only way to get more players is to release more fucking content?
People pay $1,000's to play their armies in TT, they'll pay fucking $60 just to play theirs in a videogame.
>>
>Make a huge deal about the main characters recurring
>they sound and act nothing like they originally did

I mean Farseer Taldeer is alright since she's been tainted with ponyshit but there's no excuse why Gorgutz sounds like a pansy faggot.
>>
>>381505772

Even if Relic added in 10 factions in Dawn of War 3, the game would still be a boring clone of Starcraft 2.
>>
>>381506056
I actually prefer the gameplay much more than SCII. I actually don't like SCII but I like DoW 3. The main problems for me is lack of content, the Elite system not being economy based and small maps.
>>
>>381504168
Why people didnt realize this when DoW3 was announced is beyond me

The people who worked through the golden age of RTS left it and went into other genres
>>
PC gamin' is ded
>>
>>381505708
Whats funnier is that had this been an actual moba it would have been fine

I would happily take a 40k MOBA over this RTS/Moba hybrid.
>>
If the Necrons are well done or ever come out I guess I will buy the game. But it's gonna have to be 20$
>>
The hero thing didnt go far enough if thats what they were aiming for. I mostly see them as nuke units and work around the cooldown of their OP skills. I think the best way to have handled the hero + basebuilding was to implement them into the escalation system.

Escalation 1: Hero unit and scout squads - objective secure map - time 2-5 minutes You can build more scout/basic units at base.
Escalation 2: Builders appear at base and you can buy more. Barracks can be built at listening posts and they can be upgraded with defenses. Also Each race can build limited barracks ie Space marine 1 barrack for 3 listening posts and orcs 1:1 ratio.
Escalation 3: Secondary heroes and light vehicles and heavy infantry unlocked. Top tier wargear is unlocked to make defenses more vulnerable.

And then take the escalation and hero game and turn it into an arms race to plow through defenses and have good shootouts rather than AOE shitfests that is plaguing the game right now.
>>
>3 races
>1 game mode
>Full priced AAA game.

Thats why i didnt get it. Can get s much more content for that price
>>
>>381507069
You make DoW3 look good by suggesting things that are fucking awful
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.