[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>overwhelmingly negative on Steam What's with the reviews?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: OneTrueSlash.jpg (204KB, 640x783px) Image search: [Google]
OneTrueSlash.jpg
204KB, 640x783px
>overwhelmingly negative on Steam

What's with the reviews? Comments only go as far as "fuck you faggots" without elaborating... something about mods?
I'm considering buying the game, just to casually play the story and screw around with my friends, without mods or anything. Is it worth it at half price?
>>
>>381497321
I'd say yes. I've had a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>381497321
Why don't you stop being an absolute double nigger and just look up the shit yourself. You have an internet connection ffs.
>>
File: 277230-merchant.jpg (18KB, 424x640px) Image search: [Google]
277230-merchant.jpg
18KB, 424x640px
>>381497321
Living under a rock huh buddy?
They're introducing paid mods and people are pissed off, and rightly so in my opinion if they're planning on charging money for people's personal work to fix or improve TakeTwo's game.
Rockstar is usually pretty pro-customer, so I kinda doubt that they were the ones to have the idea.
I believe mod creators deserve to be paid for their hard work, but I think it's delusional to think the ones who created these things will see even half the money that's being charged.
>>
>>381497595
>living under a rock
Pretty much when it comes to news about major games, especially if I don't own them.
But yeah, paid mods do sound absurd.. They've already implemented it?

Mods aside, it's no problem, right?
>>
>>381498657
it's a good game. people are just pissed about paid mods
online is a bit of a grind but otherwise fun. word of warning - the moderators of the /vg/ crew are autistic as fuck and abuse powers as it suits them
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>381498657
I don't think anything changes in the base game. It's fun especially for being 4 years old, I'd suggest playing it. The story was interesting enough to finish too and I usually don't find a reason to actually beat a GTA story.
So yeah, that's why people are pissed off and I don't think it's been implemented yet so I think the negative reviews are the community fighting it. But it's a good game for sure.
>>
>>381498786
It would have been less work than making a thread you dumb bitch.
>>
>>381498657
People have disliked the main game for many reasons since it came out, dude. Messing around with cheats and independent mods is the most you'll get out of the game.
>>
>>381497321
the singleplayer is only enjoyable with mods since they allow you to fix the broken wanted system, add the euphoria ragdoll physics from IV, better blood and gore, weapon handling, etc. granted you can still more than likely find a copy of OpenIV somewhere else
>>
>>381498657
I agree with these guys
>>381497393
>>381498964
>>381498995
I thought the game was fun and I found the three protagonists very interesting. And since you're playing Online with friends, you'll probably be able to ignore all the issues with it. About the story though, I should probably tell you that V's storytelling method is an extension of the method employed in IV.

GTA V is a game where you have to play absolutely everything to get the whole story behind these characters; this includes the main missions, side activities, Strangers missions, hangouts with all possible friends at multiple points in the story, both sober and drunken, as well as both combat and idle dialogue. This design choice is the main reason why everyone thought the three protagonists were so underdeveloped. The main missions only give you part of the story behind these characters, not everything. The older GTAs were different; whatever characterization took place in the main story is basically the complete characterization of their characters. In IV, there were little nuances of Niko's character and thematic parallels between him and his friends that you had to find through the hangouts, but the vast majority of the characterization is still in the main story. V is different than all of them. Regardless, there were nuances to the protagonists that weren't fleshed out despite everything, and that's likely because of GTA Online.

In the end though, again, I had a lot of fun with the game, and I think you should give it a try. The atmosphere it presents is something to behold, and if you like LA, no other video game comes this close to emulating it; there are over 1,100 locations in the game analogous to real life. If you have any questions about the gameplay, I can answer them if you want.
>>
>>381497321
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT CANT LAUNCH GTA 4? IT KEEPS ASKING FOR A ACTIVATION CODE FOR NO REASON. IT WORKED JUST FINE LAST TIME I PLAYED.
>>
>>381498786
You need to be over 18 years old to use this board.
>>
>>381497595
What? That's Bethesda, not T2.

T2 sent a cease and desist to the makers of a tool that most single player mods use to run.

They effectively banned single player mods.
>>
>>381500075

I definitely enjoy when a lot of the story/characterization is told through hangouts or side missions.
>>
Buy 4 instead
>>
>>381501384
Ah you're right. Similar stories just got them mixed up. sending a C&D is probably worse.
>>
>2503.4 hours on Steam
>Gives negative review

Pathetic.
>>
>>381502443
A lot of people don't, that's why I felt like I should tell you this. It's especially difficult to sell people on this method of storytelling in a game where so many of the side activities are mundane by design. But since you said you like it, I think you'll like what the story has to offer. Examples I can think of that support what I say are that there's a specific facet about Franklin's character that can only be found out by smoking weed with him and listening to some of his combat dialogue during the missions, and that there's a side mission, the psychiatrist meetings, for Michael that directly creates a roadmap of Michael's development through the story. Don't miss them, play them as soon as they're available. There's also almost a full hour of extra dialogue between all the characters that's only available through the hangouts.
>>
>>381497321
It's a really good game, but people are pissed at the devs for banning a popular mod platform, so they leave shit reviews to get back at them.
>>
File: fuck that shittt.png (99KB, 220x193px) Image search: [Google]
fuck that shittt.png
99KB, 220x193px
>>381502443
My problem with this method is the same problem I had that made me hate Skyrim.

It's nonsensical in the narrative. You have important shit to do via the main missions. You can't just stop to take everyone out for dinner between missions.

Same in Skyrim, you have these important main quests, but every side-quest shit you pick up in the meantime literally makes you go back and forth the entire game world. It absolutely destroys the immersion.
>>
>>381503024
I already have 4, and it's the only GTA I couldn' bother finishing (asides from 5, since I've yet to play it).
Everything about it felt so boring. The story was somewhat interesting, but the city... street after street of bleak buildings and depressing atmosphere, with no alternative.
>>
File: wot.jpg (15KB, 362x388px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
15KB, 362x388px
>>381503482
>he plays GTA for the immersion
>>
>>381497321
>Comments only go as far as "fuck you faggots" without elaborating..

Wow, it's almost as if gamers were a bunch of whiny cunts that fly off the handle at the slightest indication of a fault within a game.

The game is good man, and if you have friends to play with you'll have fun on the multiplayer.
>>
File: lkgt.png (236KB, 449x499px) Image search: [Google]
lkgt.png
236KB, 449x499px
>>381504131
>It's one of those play to win losers who doesn't play games for immersion.
>>
>>381503482
It really depends on the game; in Skyrim, the world is literally at stake and to pause and do the side quests would rob the urgency of that. In GTA, the only real ultimate goal is to move up in society financially by committing crimes, and there are lulls in the story where none of the protags are really doing anything major and just waiting for the next big break. It's just not as urgent.Those lulls are when you could reasonably fit in the side missions.
>>381503574
I personally really liked what you just said about IV; it felt like a book where every single little detail was used to push forward some sort of meaning or central theme, but that's just my opinion. If you didn't like that, you're in luck; V is as different tonally from IV as you can get. The missions are more linear though, there are actually mission boundaries this time around, but on a whole, they're much less subdued than IV's.
>>381504131
I do too; I think it's actually one of the best parts of the GTA experience in general, regardless of game.
>>
File: 1497927533868.jpg (76KB, 632x880px) Image search: [Google]
1497927533868.jpg
76KB, 632x880px
>>381497321
>>
File: huh.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>>381504305
>Playing to fuck around enjoy yourself makes you a play to win loser
>>
The retarded part is that take two generally believes that their recent actions will stop people from modding on gta online somehow. When in reality the modders have been more active then ever since the all the modding news has happened. But honestly Gta 5 and gta online are mediocre games, but still enjoyable, how can you not enjoy gta? It's a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>381497321
Story is worth a playthrough. Definitely not the best in the series, but not a bad game by any means.

Rockstar IS getting what it deserves with the whole mods thing, though. Fuck 'em. Moneygrubbing assholes.
>>
File: 10101.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
10101.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>381497321

>still 4th top seller on steam

rockstar and take twos face right now
>>
>>381504131
This is a retarded argument to make in context with everything else just said in this convo.
>>
In the end, they'll go back to playing GTAOnline anyhow.

Nothing will change
>>
>>381503482
They need to stop giving personalities to characters now. CJ and Tommy worked because they fit the narrative of them being criminals. CJ was a gangbanger who wasn't afraid to pull the trigger and Tommy a mafioso that wanted power above all so it made sense that they went on rampages killing half the population of the city.

Niko on the other hand, while also being somewhat of a criminal in his former life, the game hits you over the head on how much of a tortured soul he is and how he detests killing even though he goes on a rampage mowing down 50 people on the street with an SUV to get to the next mission and then he says something along the lines of " I promised myself i'd never kill again". Breaks the immersion and turns someone who you're supposed to sympathize with into a caricature.

Franklin was ok I guess. He was boring most of the time. Michael was a whiny piece of shit who doesn't strike me as a mass murderer. The only one who kind of fits the bill was Trevor but he was way too wacky to take him seriously.

>>381504131

>Not making michael a Zociac-esque killer that goes out every night and murders people and then goes home to drink some whisky and watch republican space rangers.

Imagination is half the fun, my nig.
>>
>>381504172
I love it when shills bash their longtime fans who are the only ones going to be paying them in the future once the industry crashes again. Really great business strategy.
>>
>>381497595
>Rock*
>Pro Customer
>What are Shark cards?
>>
>>381505541
>too wacky to take him seriously
>mows down 50 people in an SUV to get to the next mission
>>
>>381505721
>shills

Got any more buzzwords to throw at me, kiddo? How about cuck?
>>
>>381497595
When I was a kid people used to make mods because they loved the games. Modders don't need to be compensated for shit. Most popular mods usually already have a community around them and a way to donate to the team. There is no excuse for "paid mods". The whole line about "compensating modders for their work" is bullshit so don't fall for it.
>>
>>381497321
These past 4 years have been T2 milking the online playbase for shark cards by charging usury-tier prices for in-game content, and banning players who stuck their middle finger to T2 by exploiting money. It's a grindfest of a game. They also legally threatened singleplayer modding websites, further pissing off the player base. RDR2 will also be a moneypit microtransaction hell.
>>
>>381505926
?
what?
>>
>>381505541
I think Niko still works as a GTA protagonist; if you do what you just said as Niko, and especially if you take money from those you kill, then the hypocrisy inherent in Niko's character that Darko, who is Niko's parallel in everything including his general appearance, highlights at the end of the storyline with
>How much do you charge to kill someone?
and that continuing to perform those actions after the storyline is over only finalizes the central theme of Niko ultimately failing to escape his violent past.
>>
>>381506390
That didn't come out right, I meant to say that the hypocrisy presented in the main missions is only fleshed out further through the player's actions in the world if you do those rampages.
>>
File: image.jpg (351KB, 640x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351KB, 640x1100px
>>381497321
>>
>>381497595
>Rockstar is usually pretty pro-customer, so I kinda doubt that they were the ones to have the idea.
THEY'RE THE SAME FUCKING COMPANY
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.