[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only who thinks the first 2 Fallout games are shit even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
Am I the only who thinks the first 2 Fallout games are shit even for their time?
>Shit story
>Shit gameplay
>Shit graphics

What's to like exactly?
>>
>>381494885
Yes.
>>
please dont post this shit here

>be me
>love all the new fallouts, even 4
>decide to try the old ones because vee says they're even better
>try 2 first because 1 supposedly has a time limit and i dont want to fuck my first playthrough up
>crawl through the god awful ooga booga zulu temple
>its ok, everyone on vee says the tutorial is shit anyway
>suddenly i'm in some loincloth ass nigger tribe of fuckin aztecs
>doesnt fit the fallout lore, but whatevs, muh classics
>main quest tells me to travel to a town literally called "reddit"
>guide tells me to go south to san francisco
>have to reload a few times because i keep running into big dick power armor megafuck patrols that literally one shot me
>finally find civilization
>dude gives me a quest to go to an enclave base
>meet some guy outside in a fucking wizard robe
>"oh you must be the new recruit" even though i'm literally wearing a vault suit and carrying a spear
>make my way to the SUPER SEKRIT enclave base
>loot all the containers for top end weapons, armor and thousands of dollars
>return to SF
>get even MORE overpowered loot with no level restrictions, get almost 10 levels in xp
>march my way to reddit with full power armor and a super sledge
>tasked with LITERALLY killing rats in some guy's basement
>one shot evertything, dont take a single point of damage
>get bored of doing this for an hour straight with zero challenge
>alt f4 and dont even have the motivation to uninstall all 30 kilobytes of the game

fallout 2 was literally one of the worst experiences ive ever had in gaming
>>
After playing 1, probably
>Trash AI, some of the worst AI I've ever seen in videogames jesus christ
>Constant glitches, I got screwed out of Combat Armour and Hardened Power Armour because of glitches.
>Companions are beyond useless, next to no commands for them.
>Half the skills are useless.
>Half the weapons you have no need to use because you can get infinitely better ones immediately after.
>No reason to return to locations you already visited.
>"Choices" are usually geared towards one side. One has all the content, the other consists of "kill these people"
>No one has anything useful to say, most of your responses are "rude", "nice" or "I'll help you with thing".
>Inventory management is hell on earth, what the fuck were they thinking?
>Time limit does nothing to encourage exploration or sidequests, which is what RPG's are supposed to do
>>
>>Shit story
Stopped reading there. Stop pretending you've played these games for longer than 10 minutes before quitting in confusion.
>>
>>381495032

you sound mad
>>
They haven't aged well is all but they are still pretty good games.
>>
>>381495032
6/10, that's some decent bait anon
>>
>>381495836
>They haven't aged well
they aged very well actually, the artstyle is timeless and isometric view will never be clunky
>>
File: 1475521740643.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1475521740643.png
67KB, 616x596px
>>381494885
>Literally have to tell the game when you finished combat

What were these jokers thinking?
>>
>>381494885
You sound like someone who wasn't even born during that time and couldn't even get past the first area without whining about how much you miss your FPS faggotry.
>>
>>381495032
This was pretty good bait until you made the "reddit" comment. 5/10
>>
>>381495032
>love all the new fallouts, even 4
There's (You)r problem, anon.
>decide to try the old ones because vee says they're even better
Nobody would ever say "even better", because the new Fallout games are fucking garbage.
>>
>>381494885
Fallout 1 had a good story and only a faggot who doesn't like actual roleplaying games would disagree.

Fallout 2's main quest was definitely just an excuse to explore and felt pretty tacked on until the ending, but the quests for most of the towns were pretty well-designed, especially New Reno.
>>
File: 1411078196713.jpg (14KB, 142x147px) Image search: [Google]
1411078196713.jpg
14KB, 142x147px
>>381494885
>>381495032
>>381495686
>>381496104
>>
>>381497539
>quote then reaction image
Don't bother replying unless you're going to give a valid excuse against my points.
>>
File: 1294717343278.png (366KB, 1348x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1294717343278.png
366KB, 1348x1172px
>>381497808
no
>>
>>381494885
Idiot.
>>
>>381494885
New Vegas is easily worst Fallout. It isnt even canon.
>>
File: 1295586724462.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1295586724462.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>>381498389
>>
>>381498116
Then I'm objectively right and you're intellectually and mentally challenged, good to know.
>>
>>381494885
Those were always low budget shitty games made by people who had zero experience in the industry, why you expected any better? All the hype about those kind of games comes from the lack of more and better options on the platform.
>>
>>381496036
The felixibility of choosing what to do is pretty rigid in the first game because you're bound by what the game lets you do and not by what you could imagine to do. The second game has too much focus on combat to have any business using the fo1 engine. That pretty much sums up why they haven't aged well for me. Of course the graphics are still cool.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.