[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of a good realistic Cold War strategy game or mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: coldwar.jpg (56KB, 589x316px) Image search: [Google]
coldwar.jpg
56KB, 589x316px
Anyone know of a good realistic Cold War strategy game or mods to games, preferably real time?

I found the cancelled East vs. West from Paradox, and sadly this unfinished game is the best Cold War game I've ever found.
>>
Superpower 2
Wargame
Cold Waters
>>
>>381493910

If you like board games there's Twilight Struggle. It's still one of the best two player games and there's a steam version so you can play against AI and online.
>>
What's the name of the European strategy game, that's almost exactly what you're looking for. There's even an expansion all about chinese communist aggression. European Escalation or something.
>>
>>381494408
Wargame
>>
>>381494408
I was mostly looking for something more global, that would cover the Korean and Vietnam wars, at least.

Twilight Struggle looks interesting with its board game aspect. I heard that Superpower 2 is rather buggy though
>>
File: 250px-Wic-win-cover[1].jpg (29KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Wic-win-cover[1].jpg
29KB, 250x311px
>>381493910
>>
>>381493910
there's a cold war mod for Hearts of Iron 4
>>
>>381493910
World in Conflict
>>
It's kind of ridiculous that Paradox, who between the game ideas in HOI3 and Victoria 2 and EU4, only tried once at a Cold War simulator, just to scrap it
>>
WARGAME
A
R
G
A
M
E
>>
>>381493910
Command and Conquer franchise is historically accurate.
>>
>>381493910
Global Thermonuclear War.
>>
Wargame Red Dragon is still pretty damn good, some DLC factions but I only ever got the recent one that has Yugoslavia and Finland.

Recently I've been trying out Cold Waters on steam, pretty decent nuclear sub game, you can live out your Red Storm Rising/Red October fantasies.
>>
>>381494021
>Cold Waters
How's that?
>>
File: 1477139379674.jpg (235KB, 501x668px) Image search: [Google]
1477139379674.jpg
235KB, 501x668px
tfw Paradox killed East vs West
>>
>>381497448
fun
>>
>>381497497
Glorious.

It's not on sale though. I'll keep an eye out.
>>
Their is a total overhaul mod for Victoria 2 called New World Order that simulates from 1950 to 2050 that is very well done.
>>
File: 1492233845435.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492233845435.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>381497497

top fucking kek
>>
>>381497453
I played the leaked version. It didn't feel like it was that far from being completed. Plus Paradox releases broken shit that they fix-up later, so I just don't get why they didn't just see it the rest of the way through.
>>
>>381497658
This sounds interesting. Vicky's influence system seems like it would work well in a Cold War setting
>>
>>381493910
World in Conflict has a good and worthwile story and the solid gameplay mechanic. Solid choice for singelplayer and Multiplayer is possible, makes a lot of fun with the class system and some friends for a good old-school lan party. But it is nothing in depth.

In Wargame the Singleplayer campaings are okay in presentation and are nice to learn how the game in general works, but the multiplayer is a real goldmine. You have so many combinations with different nations, coalitions, Doctrines and even Eras (1980s, 1985s 1990s) that there is much to learn and to play. MAps range from 1 vs 1 ranked to massive 10 vs 10 games. It just never has any story to it and can get a bit repetitive.

There are also Combat Mission games, which are pricey but also very detailed. Like a more hardcore version of MoW.

If you want something more realistic but not turnbased, go look for Flashpoint campaigns
giving you hexbased cosim strategy.

Or you can try to find people playing Modern Warfare Mod for CoH with you.

>>381494872
>I was mostly looking for something more global, that would cover the Korean and Vietnam wars, at least.
Try Wargame Red Dragon. It doenst cover up any real conflicts but includes 4 SP what if Campaigns, Holding Busan Pocket in case of another Korean War, China invades Hong Kong, China trys to capture Wladiwostok, Soviet Union Air Invasion of Japan, and a bigger Korea Campaign named "2nd Korean war.

>Twilight Struggle looks interesting with its board game aspect.
>>381494171
Dawns early light Red Hammer is also a good Cold War boardgame.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.