[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People were shilling this game for months and now that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 47

File: IMG_2609.png (1MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2609.png
1MB, 1067x600px
People were shilling this game for months and now that's it's been out there's like no discussion , is it THAT bad? I love devil may cry and ninja gaiden like action games was thinking of picking it up. This or gravity falls 2
>>
>>381487380
It's a singleplayer game with finite content, and things to talk about/discover.
>>
>>381487380
>now that's it's been out there's like no discussion
It came out over 4 months ago among lots of other great games, that's not surprising. The only games still getting discussion that came out then are the waifu games.
Anyways, you should know that it's closer to Dark Souls than DMC or NG, but the combat is certainly much faster and has more depth than any Souls game. It suffers from enemy variety and going on maybe a bit too long but it's a great game nonetheless.
>>
File: tea time.jpg (206KB, 1284x713px) Image search: [Google]
tea time.jpg
206KB, 1284x713px
Nioh was fucking amazing. Once a fresh DLC pack comes out it will dominate the front page once again.
>>
>>381487803
I didn't even realize it's been that long you'd think dlc would be out by now. Either way I'm going to go pick it up , it's on discount right now
>>
>>381488519
The first DLC came out a month and a half ago so it's fairly old news, everybody is just waiting for the second one.
>>
>>381487380
I'm still waiting for it to be $20
>>
>>381487380
NiOh is great, I'm playing through it right now.
Hoping by the time I finish the first DLC, the second will have dropped.
>>
Nioh has better combat than Blood Borne. So it did something right
>>
>>381488990
I prefer Bloodborne's combat (and BB in general), but I think NiOh has better combat than the rest of the Souls games.
>>
>>381487380
I got crucified in threads pre release for saying it looked just okay. Im glad i sold it for the same price i bought it a week after it came out.
>>
I liked Nioh but sucked at it. One of the final levels that made you refight 4 bosses was quite annoying.
>>
>>381487740
This. Exactly the same with Bloodborne.
>>
>>381487380
It's nothing like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, it's kind of like a more action oriented onimusha that was inspired by soulslikes.
>>
>>381487380
>is it THAT bad?
yes
/thread
>>
>>381489931
>/thread your own post
Faggot
>>
Not enough waifus to make constant x is best gurl threads. No an ambiguous villain to make x did nothing wrong threads.
>>
>>381488990
This is a bold faced complete lie. I have both and Nioh is trash. The story is retarded, comical and makes no sense, the stages are too small and the missions are repetitive as fuck. Theres also nothing fun about the gameplay unless you DOOL WEAL and 99% of the items you collect are useless. It's a poor nip Souls.
>>
>>381487380
The combat in this game is amazing, way more skill involved and less about memorizing enemy attack patterns. There is so much depth and mechanics that when you finally master the game you'll feel amazing. Pick up GR2 first, you'll fly through that game, and then play Nioh.
>>
>>381487380
It's not bad but it's not the greatest thing.
>>
>>381487380
It wasn't that great. Probably the best non-Soulsborne Soulsborne, but that ain't saying much.
>>
>>381487803
>waifu games
But you can now play as the waifus in Nioh!
>>
>>381490760
>Nioh is trash
shit taste
>The story is retarded
hm yes we play souls games for the story yes
>The stages are too small
not inherently a bad thing, elaborate on your claim
>The missions are repetitive as fuck
there is one objective in these games; kill enemies
if you expect more you're playing the wrong games
>There's nothing fun about the gameplay
it's the exact same combat as souls but improved with greater depth via stances, and more punishment for spamming
>99% of the items you collect are useless
git gud
>>
>>381487380
It's extremely mediocre in just about everything.

Don't go in expecting Ninja Gaiden, there is nothing there besides some copy pasted assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxZfXprB4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWP3oUjrGhk

What out for that last fag's intro. It's hard to find 2 videos that are good for comparison because fights tend to be over before the boss does everything it can do, but trust me when i say that 70% of her moveset is copy pasted from the NG boss,
>>
>>381487380
There was plenty of discussion when it came out you just missed the window of the first few months
>>
>>381487380
>talking about a video game on a video game board is shilling
> NOT talking about a video game on a video game board means it's bad

You just can't fucking win with /v/
>>
>>381487380
>People talking about a game is shilling
>People not talking about a game means the game is bad and dead
Meanwhile in the real world it's known as "there's nothing else to talk about because everyone is finished with the game", faggot.
>>
>>381489467
just sloth bro
>>
I think this game compares more to Onimusha than DMC.
If you like Onimusha, this games great. For the first 10 hours or so, then it's just the same shit. I kept going because I like the art design and bosses.
>>
File: 1497686910847.jpg (170KB, 736x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1497686910847.jpg
170KB, 736x1124px
its also a very exploitable game if you play around with reforging once you get green tier crap
>>
>>381493060
they nerfed it to hell in both pve and pvp so he can't anymore
>>
>>381490598
DMC doesn't have a single waifu worth 2 shits in it,
>>
>>381493329
It's still usable enough in pve. I mean I think that's how I beat the boss rush with sloth post-nerf.
>>
>>381487380
People just finished the game and got bored. The DLC was kind of weak, too. Maybe the next DLCs will be better.
>>
>>381493329
Sloth is broken as a concept, they can nerf it all they want, it will remain broken as long as it's in the game
>>
It's... good. I didn't fall in love with it, though. Partly because it relies too much on Japanese history and myth that I really don't understand and partly because the randomized loot SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Like oh my god it suuuucks.You never get anything special that feels like it really changes the way you play. It's almost always just these boring incremental improvements. Even big damage boosts are rare. You're pretty much stuck with the same weapons from start to finish, unless you care enough to totally respec your Willy.

The fighting mechanics are pretty good though. I hope they get a sequel and trim all the fat.
>>
>>381488519
how much?
>>
>>381493609
There was literally a Dragon's Dogma thread a few minutes. A fucking half finished game is able to support a fandom for years and have a general.

People got bored because the game is boring, quit memeing this fallacy,
>>
>>381487380
I fucked myself over by going hammer at endgame

All my attacks are insanely strong, one heavy combo is enough to kill anything that isn't a boss. And bosses hp drops ludicrously fast as well
>>
Is there a stupidly cheesy way to kill Nobunaga and Yuki Onna? I want his sword but dont want to spend 15 minutes on the last stage for every attempt
>>
>>381487740
doesn't stop new vegas fags.
>>
>GUYS THE GAME IS FUCKING SHIT IT'S SO FUCKING BAD DID YOU SEE MY OPINION ON ENEMY VARIETY???
>WHY AREN'T YOU SCREAMING ABOUT HOW BAD THIS GAME IS EVERY DAY WITH ME????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>OH WHAT'S THAT???? YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE GAME HERE NOW AT ALL SINCE PEOPLE DO NOTHING BUT ARGUE ABOUT INANE SHIT?????????? HAHAHAHA FUCKING SHILLS HAHAHAHA NICE JOB BUYING A BAD GAME

average Nioh thread. all started by the same OP using the same picture every time
>>
>>381494292
NV doesn't have finite content, none of the bethesda fallouts do because of the modding communities
>>
>>381494204
its not even a good sword
>>
File: 19236724326.png (778KB, 1198x834px) Image search: [Google]
19236724326.png
778KB, 1198x834px
>tedious combat
>repetitive ""missions""
>korean drops
>making one tiny mistake gets you wombo combo'd to death due to every enemy attack dealing 1/3 - 1/2 of your HP and you can't escape the combos, literally "Just don't get hit": the game
>if you aren't using anything other than sword/2sword, or the kusari/odachi, you're going to have absolutely 0 fun
>>
>>381494004
Can i ask a serious question here? What the deal with people hating on randomized loot. I first experienced this in Diablo and it makes every run through unique and its own experience. I can't get enough of it in games and look for ways to mood in more randomizer mods. I want the unexpected, I want to say wow, didnt see that coming.

refute me
>>
>>381494204
stack Final Blow damage and Damage From Behind
shoot Nobu in the face
pop Carnage Talisman
run over and stab Nobu while he's on the ground
light combo into his back as he stands up

if your gear is decent he'll be dead. if not run away and shoot him in the head again and repeat
>>
>>381494732
Congrats, you're the guy who likes black licorice, you special snowflake you.
>>
>>381494867
Thanks anon, I'll give this a shot
>>
>>381494638
>tedious combat
opposed to?
>repetitive missions
some yeah
>korean drops
what the fuck, have you even played it?
>"Just don't get hit": the game
is that somehow hard for you to comprehend? need your hand held?
>you're going to have absolutely 0 fun
for you

*tips fedora* heh, yeah bruh jap games are so shit
>>
>>381494732
the answer is and always has been "souls"
>>
File: IMG_20170622_190149955.jpg (545KB, 2408x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_190149955.jpg
545KB, 2408x1261px
>>381487380
Haven't finished it (I'm missing the three missions unlocked after you finish the main story, but I personally liked it immensely; my GOTY 2017 so far.
It may not set your world on fire, but it is definitely worth a play if you like action games.
Source: I actually played it. Sorry for the garbage photo but I don't know how to take out screenshots from the PS4 without involving Twitter.

>>381494732
I don't hate it; quite the opposite but (in my opinion) every weapon's randomized special properties don't really influence the game; I just choose the weapon with the biggest damage number and went fine with it.
>>
>>381494069
DD is meme trash, Nioh is superior in literally every way
>>
>>381494732
IT'S NOT LIKE DARK SOULS HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED DARK SOULS IT'S FR*CKING EPIC IT WAS MY FIRST ACTION GAME?
>>
Its like Dark Souls but bad
>>
People hating on randomized loot is definitely a new thing. I dont remember it pre WoW.
>>
>>381495294
you mean it's like dark souls but you haven't played it
>>
>>381487380
It's my current GOTY.
>>
>>381494036
Amazon has used copies for around 30-40 bucks. I was gonna get gravity rush first but it's still pretty expensive . Ffxv is only like 20 bucks on Amazon too though so I'm considering that too..
>>
>>381487380
I didn't personally care for the style of gameplay. I've had enough of dark souls shit.

I played it for like 4 hours and didn't care anymore. It just didn't grip me. I think I don't care about vidya anymore but it's hard to tell. Any tests for this boys?
>>
The random loot in the game is only bad when you're min maxing for an op build, I don't understand the bitching
>>
>>381495443
tough choice desu

it's between this, yakuza 0 and persona 5 i think
man, 2017 has been stellar for vidya
>>
>>381495482
If you get the chinese/english version of gravity rush it can be had for $20 bucks.

Protip, the game is in a made up language so there is no chinese or english voice acting. So nothing is lost buying this version.
>>
how do i get the red demon torso? i've got literally every other par of the armour
>>
>>381495573
+Endless Space 2
+Stormblood
+Toukiden 2
+For Honor

and I haven't even played yakuza, persona or botw yet

And there's a bunch of other games I'm missing still I'm sure
>>
File: plankton icantbedoinwiththis.png (225KB, 496x356px) Image search: [Google]
plankton icantbedoinwiththis.png
225KB, 496x356px
>>381495064
>opposed to?
I'm sorry, but hitting an enemy once or twice and then taking a couple steps back for them to whiff their attack gets extremely boring after the first few missions. At least with Souls games I can blow through enemies I know I can blow through, and take my time on the harder ones. In Ni-Oh, you have to stop and take your time on every single enemy or you will be combo'd to death by starter mobs. It's horribly tedious and kills any want for me to pop the disc in.
>have you even played it?
Yes. Do you know what korean drops refers to?
>need your hand held?
If the game is going to be like that, then there's no reason to even have an HP bar, or even armor for that matter.
>0 fun for you
Look I like axes, but the mid-tier damage just doesn't make up for the stamina usage, and I'm forced to hit and wait and hit and wait even more than when I'm using other weapons.

>yeah bruh jap games are so shit
>implying implications
>>
>>381495690
craft it or kill more revenants
>>
File: askyourmom.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
askyourmom.png
208KB, 410x453px
Basically
>The character cast has acceptable amounts of personality but lack depth to talk about for months on end
>The first run through the game is fun but preceding playthroughs turn into loot/build discussions so if you don't like that then the game loses it's luster
>Maps hide few secrets due to their linear design and get repetitive leading to a lack of interest of them
>Enemy variety is a fucking joke, you get bored of every enemy after finishing the game
It's a good game but it lacks a few key components that leads to the amount of discussion on /v/ that gives birth to generals
>>
>>381494069
Remember the constant DD threads before the PC release? Because I fucking don't. I don't know what DD has but PC autists seem to love it.
>>
>>381496283
>Remember the constant DD threads before the PC release?
yes?

I was here at console release, threads lasted for at least 2 years both on /v/ as well as /vg/
>>
>>381495816
>I'm sorry, but hitting an enemy once or twice and then taking a couple steps back
you weren't using any of your skills. if you get good with movement and timing you NEVER have to let up on attacking and can stay glued to enemies

>Yes. Do you know what korean drops refers to?
yes, rare drops. the only rare drops in Nioh are smithing texts, and you can stack stats so high that you'll get them in like 10 attempts at most. hardly korean

>If the game is going to be like that, then there's no reason to even have an HP bar, or even armor for that matter.
except you know, it's a Diablo style game. you're meant to MAKE BUILDS. if you want to tank more hits, use a fucking bulky high damage resistance set and set bonuses. i can take hits from bosses on WotD mode in my setup just fine

>Look I like axes, but the mid-tier damage just doesn't make up for the stamina usage, and I'm forced to hit and wait and hit and wait even more than when I'm using other weapons.
so you're just not familiar with ki pulse and flux mechanics, you know, the two most important things for combat in this game. if you're using the axe the way the game allows you you won't have stamina problems. and there are even builds that focus on having low stamina as well

if you couldn't figure out that it was a game you'd have to spend time to learn from the demos, then that's on you entirely
>>
>>381496283
>Remember the constant DD threads before the PC release?

It literally had a general up on vg and got constant 500 reply threads. Get lost newfag.
>>
>>381495816
>In Ni-Oh, you have to stop and take your time on every single enemy or you will be combo'd to death by starter mobs. It
Hahahaha you fucking cum guzzling faggot this is exactly the opposite of how the game is. You shred through hordes of enemies at lightning speed unless you're some massive tard.
>>
Nioh laid perfect foundations for a new IP

I pray nioh 2 will be god tier.
>>
>>381495816
>I'm sorry, but hitting an enemy once or twice and then taking a couple steps back for them to whiff their attack gets extremely boring after the first few missions. At least with Souls games I can blow through enemies I know I can blow through, and take my time on the harder ones. In Ni-Oh, you have to stop and take your time on every single enemy or you will be combo'd to death by starter mobs. It's horribly tedious and kills any want for me to pop the disc in.

You are blaming the game because you fucking suck and chose a boring playstyle. You are playing it like Dark Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0CAdbmPlI

Soul babies as always being retards who have never played any other game in their lives.
>>
>>381496697
>You shred through hordes of enemies at lightning speed unless you're some massive tard.
Yeah, when you have a living weapon.
>>
>>381496908
Try dual katana you limped dicked retard. Not my fault you have the reflexes and thinking skills of a snail.
>>
>>381496805
>the first game is a massively flawed turd as groundwork for sequels meme

Who was the retard who came up with this mentality?
>>
>>381496993
nerf dual katana for pvp
>>
>>381496542
>you weren't using any of your skills.
You mean the abilities I have to unlock by hitting and waiting over and over again until I do unlock them?

>hardly korean
The fact that an enemy can drop the exact same equipment and weapons you currently have, with different stats (better or worse) makes it "korean". If you love having to stop the game whenever you pick something up to check it out, then I truly am sorry.

>MAKE BUILDS.
Yes I know this, but wearing big bulky shit as a necessity just to survive one combo is bad design, period.

>ki pulse and flux mechanics
They're interesting mechanics, but having to constantly shift my view up to the stamina bar to make sure I pull it well enough takes the player's attention away from the enemy(ies) they're fighting, and the stamina management just becomes a chore.
>>
>>381496847
Soulsborne fan here. I choose a super boring build for my Nioh's character (sword main, axe secondary, no onmyo or ninjitsu at all) and I had no trouble through the game; I basically played it as a Bloodborne where you can block.
It's not Soul's fault; that guy is just a retard.
>>
File: Demon's_Souls_01.jpg (47KB, 670x361px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_01.jpg
47KB, 670x361px
>>381497010
your favorite /v/drone accepted developer is a nice recent example

shame they only made 1 good game off the groundwork it set
>>
>>381496908
Wrong. The game gives you ton of options to deal with crowds without living weapon. Axe spin, talismans and finishers.
>>
>>381496993
I'm not even the original poster you retarded shill. You don't ever blaze through enemies unless you're overlevelled or have that retarded living weapon build. Fuck off.
>>
>>381487380
That's what /vg/ is for anon.
>>
>>381497114
You use the blue ki particles to tell you when to ki pulse if you're not a casual, /v/eddit. lmfao staring at the bar hahahahahaha
>>
>>381497290
You have to look at the bar to measure the amount of stamina you want to replenish.
>>
>>381497114
>but wearing big bulky shit as a necessity just to survive one combo

Why do you lie?
>>
>>381497147
You say this because you're a DaS1 faggot. You completely missed my point and the fact that DeS is better than that shit game.
>>
Enemies were too much of bullet sponges and william got three hitted by everything(meaning all 5 different enemy typees)
>>
>>381489931

nice /thread on your own thread stupid
>>
Looks fun, but It's a game I'd rather pay around $20 for.
>>
I'd like to play it but I can't figure out if it's an exclusive or not and they keep flip flopping on it, if it's exclusive I'll just get the ps4 version but if there's a chance it'll come out on pc I'd rather wait
>>
>>381491837
Horrible bait
>>
>>381497114
alright mate. you're pretty much admitting now that you just didn't realize what kind of game it was. probably heard someone say, "it's the new dark souls" and bought it without thinking at all

>You mean the abilities I have to unlock by hitting and waiting over and over again until I do unlock them?
you don't have to kill a single thing to have enough skill points to buy shit

>If you love having to stop the game whenever you pick something up to check it out, then I truly am sorry.
you don't play many Diablo style ARPG games. you NEVER need to check the low tier yellow shit you pick up. equip whatever is at the top of your list and highest level until you get to endgame where you can make builds, like in every Diablo game

>Yes I know this, but wearing big bulky shit as a necessity just to survive one combo is bad design, period.
so you're saying builds should not have significant impact on playstyle?

>They're interesting mechanics, but having to constantly shift my view up to the stamina bar to make sure I pull it well enough takes the player's attention away from the enemy(ies) they're fighting, and the stamina management just becomes a chore.
there are both audio and visual cues all over the damn screen telling you when to ki pulse AND telling you when you've done it right

keep hating the game and convincing people it's shit if you want. but at least don't lie

>>381497513
meant BB actually. and i didn't say DeS is shit, i said what you said. a flawed game that set a groundwork for sequels
>>
>>381497419
You always replenish max because it gives you an attack boost along with several other benefits, including chaining moves together, switching weapons properly, and changing stances. The bar is irrelevant.
>>
>>381497419
>You have to look at the bar to measure the amount of stamina you want to replenish.
What do you mean? You either go for a full Ki pulse when the particles are around you or a partial when you don't have the time for that. There is no reason to look at the bar.
>>
>>381497775
>they keep flip flopping on it
name one time when TEAM NINJA or SONY themselves have implied it isn't a PS4 exclusive
>>
>>381497801
Obvious "retort"
>>
>>381497226
Except I always did you lying samefag, you trundled about with 1 kat or axe and whined it was slow. I laughed in your face because 2kat and Spear were my mains before I beat the game and I could decimate mobs. I needed to take some time and get openings for bigger threats totally, but the idea that shitty fodder enemies posed a threat the entire game is so laughable.
Apply some elemental damage once in your life dumbass.
>>
File: 1435427186516.gif (809KB, 136x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435427186516.gif
809KB, 136x200px
>>381497832
>you don't have to kill a single thing to have enough skill points to buy shit
Wrong. Just Wrong.

>until you get to endgame where you can make builds
Can only make builds at endgame, huh. How replayable.

>so you're saying builds should not have significant impact on playstyle?
No, they should. But what's the point of it changing your playstyle if you've already made it to endgame?
>>
>>381498370>>381497114

>Wrong. Just Wrong.
Except it's completely right, you get an everloving shit ton of points for every skill try by finding the consumables in the world.

I'm unsure if you're just a complete incompetent retard or dropped the game super early and pretending you've beaten it.
>>
>>381498582
I never said I beat it. I dropped it because I couldn't stand the shit gameplay.
>>
File: Stats.png (1MB, 1259x717px) Image search: [Google]
Stats.png
1MB, 1259x717px
>>381490760
You're in phase 1. Everyone who approaches Nioh like a Souls title gets utterly BTFO'd during the process of learning it is fully its own thing

Once you stop relying on pokes and safe attacks, then start dropping combo chains and dancing around enemies you will understand the beauty of Nioh

You're right about the story though its completel shit
>>
>>381498370
>wrong. just wrong
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Master+Samurai's+Locks
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Famed+Samurai's+Locks
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Young+Samurai's+Locks

>Can only make builds at endgame, huh. How replayable.
again, just admitting you bought the game without researching it at all then got butthurt. it's the same as literally any hack&slash arpg

>No, they should. But what's the point of it changing your playstyle if you've already made it to endgame?
because it's up to you to decide whether you want to have fun or not. you can play through every souls and even every DMC game using only 1 singular attack, no combos, and playing as slowly and passively as possible and still beat it. will it be fun? of course not, because you're actively trying not to have fun
>>
>>381498708
So you played for 10 minutes and hopped on /v/ to cry about the game being bad when you're just shit? You're such a pathetic faggot.
>>
File: confused black man.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>381498840
>fun in a video game is a choice
What exactly did he mean by this?
>>
>>381497950
every time I look it up it is referred to as either an "exclusive" or a "console exclusive" without ever clarifying which one it is, plus the 'only on playstation' logo was removed before release
I'm not playing sides here, I own both a ps4 and a gaming pc, I'd just rather avoid shelling out 60€ for an inferior version if there's a better one in the works
>>
>>381498971
I played it for four and a half hours. I beat the vampire lady in the cave and said "okay this isn't really fun."
I bought it and returned it in the same day.
>>
It's great, it just got quickly overshadowed.

BotW/Switch and Nier came out the month after it did, then Persona 5 in April, and then E3 dominated this past month.
>>
>>381498994
He's not wrong. At no point in any Megaman game are you told to do a buster only run. But its fun as hell when you do
>>
>>381498994
He's absolutely right though. Dmc has a style meter to try to force people to play in a fun manner. Most people will take the easy way out and just spam one move but that's not fun and they're stupid for doing so.
>>
>>381499106
shameful
not the guy you were replying to but i thought nioh was mediocre and i still beat it
yet here you are, bitching on /v/ about s game you barely played
>>
>>381498813
>Everyone who approaches Nioh like a Souls title gets utterly BTFO'd

Bored The Fuck Out you mean? Because they have no trouble beating the game that way, in fact it's the easiest way to beat it.
>>
>>381493060
>sloth
That the ability that makes enemies operate at like 1/2 speed? I hate that shit when it's used on me
>>
>>381498994
yeah just keep regurgitating memes instead of saying anything of value

should've known what exactly i was arguing against here. oh well, sasuga /v/eddit
>>
>>381499106
I enjoyed it, but put it down relatively fast and can't bring myself to pick it up again. Combat is excellent, but everything else is mediocre to bad.
>>
I really loved Nioh, it got boring due to a severe lack of Enemy variety. But the game itself was unique and interesting to me.
>>
I made a ninjer and went fasd.

Then I kind of got bored of going fasd and went sloew. That was a mistake.
>>
>>381499207
>I spent hours playing through a game I didn't necessarily enjoy so that makes me better than you
I'm sure it does, man. I'm sure it does.
>>
>>381499440
I agree, there's a lot to like in the game despite its flaws. I hope the game's success will lead to a more fleshed out sequel. The remaining DLC might even do enough.
>>
>>381499562
you totally missed the point
I don't know why you think you can argue about a game you barely even played
>>
File: shotgun samurai.jpg (210KB, 1303x716px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun samurai.jpg
210KB, 1303x716px
>>381499625
Its literally their most successful title ever. A sequel is guaranteed.
>>
>>381487380
it was great fun but the game runs out of tricks about 25% through
>>
>>381499783
>they won't do urban yokai stories in Meiji era
>have to go to Toukiden for that shit and it's just not anywhere near as good
>>
File: plankton spittake.png (227KB, 496x358px) Image search: [Google]
plankton spittake.png
227KB, 496x358px
>>381499732
>the game gets good X hours in
Oh shit dude you just might be totally right okay lemme go out and buy it again brb
>>
>>381497775
>>381499064
it's published by sony, it's not going anywhere
>>
perhaps it's time to finally kill yourself OP
your daily flamebait shitpost threads never go in your favor
>>
>>381499783
I bought the game and season pass despite getting my shit pushed in because I want more games like this to be made.
>>
>>381499936
ah well all right then, I'm getting it soon, thanks anon.
I wonder why noone ever brings that little factoid up as it would end all discussion right away
>>
>>381499929
last (you) from me
>>
File: ifdisbirbdonshaddafugup.webm (3MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
ifdisbirbdonshaddafugup.webm
3MB, 720x720px
mfw people are struggling with basic game and Im clearing way of the demon with ease
>>
File: zug zug.jpg (210KB, 1201x689px) Image search: [Google]
zug zug.jpg
210KB, 1201x689px
>When you start ki pulsing
>When you start ki pulsing into combos
>When you start ki pulsing into weapon swapping
>When you stop ki pulsing
>>
File: Untitled1.png (4KB, 372x91px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
4KB, 372x91px
>>381500141
TWO?!
>>
>>381500117
because you can't shitpost if you state facts, basically

anyway, hope you enjoy the game anon!
>>
File: dex build.webm (1006KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dex build.webm
1006KB, 640x360px
>>381500203
>All those new players who spent hours on the succubus slut in the cave.
>They finally break down and summon me
>Their face when I just casually parry the bitch into a floor
>>
>>381499942
>OP claims nobody discusses Nioh
>thread turns into a 130+ reply discussion (with bonus shitposts)
everything went better than expected
>>
>>381494638
>making one tiny mistake gets you wombo combo'd to death due to every enemy attack dealing 1/3 - 1/2 of your HP and you can't escape the combos, literally "Just don't get hit": the game
>Uses light armor
>Complains about dying too fast
>Doesn't know that you can block to escape combos
>>
>>381500343

>people are so bad at videogames they spent hours on any of the bosses

That shit disturbs me, frankly.
>>
File: bunnybananaa.webm (462KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bunnybananaa.webm
462KB, 640x360px
>>381500343
mfw abusing kekkai/sacred water
>>
File: 343523241.png (1MB, 1050x903px) Image search: [Google]
343523241.png
1MB, 1050x903px
>>381499942
op here, im quite pleased with this thread actually. eat my ass
>>
>>381487380
>I love devil may cry and ninja gaiden like action games

Then you'll fucking hate it, obviously, because it plays like neither and is a Souls-clone with defensive mechanics instead of roll-dodging.
>>
>>381499783
Post some literal proof.

I'll be mad as fuck if Team Ninja is now condemned to making SoulsShit,
>>
>Nioh
>Shilling

wew lad, it's an amazing game but I only recall hype threads about the betas/release and shit
>>
File: 1466565829160.jpg (45KB, 475x413px) Image search: [Google]
1466565829160.jpg
45KB, 475x413px
Which Nioh waifu do I save up my hard-earned glory for?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>381500512
Soulsfans come in and try to play it like souls. Then get shit on. Some of them never learn to play and struggle eternally.
>>
File: Nioh_20170528223306.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170528223306.webm
2MB, 800x450px
mfw deleting bat lady and every other in that one boss rush mission in way of the demon I can do this even faster if I wanted too
>>
It's a good game but everyone kinda played it to death already
>>
>>381500656
Sure, I can get you a link thats-

>Soulsshit

Nevermind.
>>
>>381500624
>Souls-clone with defensive mechanics
confirmed for underage gen-y fag who assocaites a currency system with an entire series. Play bushido blade.
>>
>>381500732

I mean, I'm a souls fan. And I didn't struggle in the least. It's not really about what games you've played, it's about the fact that people are too stubborn to learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>381487380
I enjoyed it. The areas are all somewhat mazelike and samey, same with the enemies, but it's salvaged by the combat. The bosses are great for the most part and the art design is pretty good. The side quests however are garbage.
>>
>>381500414
>post count
>meaning anything
>>
>>381495816
>If the game is going to be like that, then there's no reason to even have an HP bar, or even armor for that matter.

Finally you're starting to learn how to play.
>>
I don't regret buying this game day one I put in over 140 hours into this game.
>>
File: Away Away.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Away Away.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>381500848
Begone SoulsFaggot!
>>
File: 34.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>381492739
>boss is not even the same level as you
>you have to hit it 200 times to depleet its HP
>he can one shot you

I hate these things, that faggot at the end of the first area was such a fag.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
>>381492739
>that pathetic quick item slots

no wonder why people are having such a hard time
>>
File: You Died.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
You Died.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>381501212
>I hate these things

Do you now?

Boss having more HP then you and doing big boy damage is pretty standard boss behaviour anon.
>>
>>381500873
Why would I play a fighting game, bruh?
>>
File: 1497816617303.jpg (107KB, 1000x1461px) Image search: [Google]
1497816617303.jpg
107KB, 1000x1461px
>>381500483
Nah, not him but I use heavy armor and that does not help at all.

>j-just block to break the combos

Yeah right, and them get out of stamina and have the boss stab you to death.
>>
>>381501521
Yeah, I know that but it doesn't feel to make much sense in a game where you can level up your stats. Feels like it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>381495482
Shit, apparently MGSV TPP is $10 (GZ for $5) on PSN. How good is it really? I know not to compare it to 1-4 which are more arcadey, but is the gunplay good st least?
>>
>>381501728
toughness and parry determine your overall block power

also pay more attention to damage reduction attributes, there is a reason why todo clan + heavy armor is op
>>
>>381494204
>buff up
>sloth/weakness both
>Axe Whirlwind Yuki Onna to death with one stamina bar
>just beat up Nobunaga like a bitch
>>
>>381501728
>Nah, not him but I use heavy armor and that does not help at all.
Damage reduction is huge. Just compare your damage against Red meme vs Tatenashi revenants.

>Yeah right, and them get out of stamina and have the boss stab you to death.
Get more toughness and use weapons with higher parry stat. Also, don't block full combos. If you get hit, block the next hit and then dodge out of the combo.
>>
>>381502189
I think devogorate is better then sloth
>>
>>381500483
I'm in Way of the Strong with absolute max heavy armor and still get wombo combo'd by the very first grunts at the start of Dragon of the North missions.
>>
>>381501728
>Nah, not him but I use heavy armor and that does not help at all.
You fucking wat. I use full tatenashi and have 7000 hp, i'm basically immotral even on WotD
>j-just block to break the combos
Here's a tip lil nigga
Block one hit and roll away
I don't even know how you get out of stamina by blocking with heavy armor on.
>>
Is the newer weapon type Strength based? If so I'd love to switch over from Axe.
>>
>>381501171
you think making a Nioh 2 would get in the way of DOA games? you're delusional, they can coexist just fine. your waifu simulator will be just fine
>>
>>381502452
its strength based
>>
>>381502329
Probably, that's what I used when I farmed them before sloth was "nerfed". I think I used devigorate at one point as well.
>>
>>381502502
Fuck, that's going to take forever to get a good one upgraded to max. Took days to get my Axe up originally.
>>
>>381502643
WoTD makes it super easy
>>
>>381502334
then your build is shit and you have no effect synergies. you can get retarded amounts of flat damage reduction
>>
>>381494292
mods keep those games alive for way longer than they deserve to be fair.
>>
File: MUSCLEGIRL.jpg (259KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
MUSCLEGIRL.jpg
259KB, 1054x1500px
>>381502361
>block one hit and roll away

I thought someone said this game was not "don't get hit" to survive

I did when fighting that dude at the end of the first area, his charging attack could sometimes break my defence even when I had full stamina, it was hard as fuck.
>>
File: Ninja Gaiden.jpg (304KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Gaiden.jpg
304KB, 1280x720px
>>381502468
>DOA games

DOA is only there for me to get more material for the actually good girls from the actually good action game series. THAT could be in jeopardy thanks to the SoulsShit, even if it's in the form of streamlining to appeal to the new audience. They have tried before and it blew up in their faces but expecting vidya companies to learn from past mistakes is living in fairytale land.
>>
>>381502334
Do you have 99 stam + Todo, Tatenashi and Genbu (or Blue dragon)?
Use weapons with wind and weaken melee weapons (can also add Devigorate for added hilarity, but it's sort of an overkill)
Use onmyo talismans like protection, rejuvenation, steel, extraction talisman+auto-recovery on amrita absorption and the quickchange ninja scroll.
Also, mobs in the dlc have jacked damage and defence in general, but with the things listed above you should be fine
>>
>>381502958
Yeah mate, Ninja Gaiden was in jeopardy long before your Nioh boogeyman came along. sorry to say
>>
File: 1458427627373.jpg (72KB, 448x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1458427627373.jpg
72KB, 448x1005px
>>381487380

It's solid.

But gets VERY repetitive towards end game and the harder difficulties are super damage sponges.
>>
>>381503125
Except it literally wasn't?
>>
>>381502939
You dont even have to worry about blocking with proper stats, just facetank and spam your most damaging combo
But try to at least get the maximum non-bugged guard ki reduction on your weapon
>>
>>381487380
I'm waiting for the 2 other DLC packs to be announced myself before I go back into the game. Loved it but enemy variety was a big problem and going back into the game fresh with 3 new areas to explore at once would sure help with that.
>>
>>381502958
>waaah developers can't have more than one series!!!! they have to focus on MY favourite series and MY favourite series alone!!!!!!!
fuck off retard
>>
>>381500660

Obviously Fuku.
>>
>>381503269
delusion is not a good place to be
you know II was nearly 10 years ago now, right? just let it go
>>
>>381500660

Depends, Glory can be easy to farm if you just stick to a few solid nights of PvP.

So if you got glory to spare, just grab whoever.

If you find Glory hard to farm, I recommend hoard about 100k and wait to see if they lower the price again or introduce Maria transformation or someone else new in the next DLC
>>
>>381487905
>Nioh will be a black chick in america next game
>>
>>381503664
Get some reading comprehension you fucking mongoloid

>>381503725
>10 years ago

Get some reading comprehension and math lessons
>>
>join red since it seemed like we were winning
>now we've lost two weeks in a row

Step you shit up you fucking bums
>>
>>381504154
>waaaah my favourite series is in jeopardy because another series exists!!!! waaaaahhh!!!!!
fuck off
>>
>>381498813
>phase 1
Nigger I beat the fucking game and got to NG+. It stopped being fun after the 3rd region.
>>
>>381504379
>Joining a clan based on it's camp and not the bonuses
???
>>
File: you have to go back.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>381504471
>>
>>381504154
yes NGII is nearly 10 now
i know it might be hard for you to realize that since you weren't even born by then
>>
>>381505384
Fuck off cunt, your horseshit isn't welcome in NG threads much less in off topic ones.
>>
>>381505658
LOL
>>
>>381505193
>cries that nioh is jeopardising ninja gaiden, with no proof whatsoever
>gets rightfully called a retard a told to fuck of
>"b-back to rebbitt!!!!"
the only reddit retard here is you, shitting up to nioh thread for no reason
>>
>>381505913
>proof

God you're a fucking retard.

Am i shitting up your 200 reply 74 posters thread on why this game sucked? I'm sorry.
>>
>Get DLC
>do 1 main mission and 3 sub missions
>oh shit only have One Eyed Dragon castle left
>thats the final main mission

I guess being able to use Odachi was ncie since it carried me in PvPs at low lvl and helped me grind out my waifu Ginchiyo's skin, but what the fuck man. Is the DLC seriouly this short?
>>
>>381500117
This >>381499936 is slightly misleading. it's only published by Sony in the West not in Japan. Koei Tecmo owns the rights to Nioh and can release it on PC if they want to. Though since Team Ninja are the developers it's highly unlikely.

t. PC/PS4 owner
>>
>>381506472
they're $5 each with season pass. doesn't seem that bad for the content
>>
>People honestly think Nioh got in the way of Ninja Gaiden
Nioh is FUNDING any future Ninja Gaidens
>>
>>381506649
its only 2.1 main missions and 5 sub missions man
>ginchiyo waifu

barren womb damaged goods AND dead
>>
>>381506853
>got

LEARN HOW TO REEEEEEEEAD
>>
File: 421252.jpg (19KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
421252.jpg
19KB, 250x391px
>>381487380
>gravity falls 2
>>
File: nioh-blacksmith-tome.jpg (94KB, 651x733px) Image search: [Google]
nioh-blacksmith-tome.jpg
94KB, 651x733px
>>381507058
and a new weapon, guess i just like the game a lot, but $5 each isn't bad at all

>ginchiyo waifu
nah mate, Tome is my wife
>>
>>381506853
That's not what Hayashit said.
>>
File: Nioh 2.jpg (242KB, 1288x726px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh 2.jpg
242KB, 1288x726px
>>381506853
>>
>>381507741

They surely see how many people are passionate about grinding for waifu transformations and will give us character creation in the next game.
>>
File: elemental damage.jpg (241KB, 1273x735px) Image search: [Google]
elemental damage.jpg
241KB, 1273x735px
>>381507996
I'm hoping for a character creator in the next game. I wanted to be a hard ass samurai not some rando white guy

They have a history of shoving CaCs in their games anyway
>>
>>381506853
more accurately
There was never going to be a new NG in development ever again. but now at the very least there's a chance of it happening

if anything people should love Nioh for giving Team Ninja "another shot" essentially. you think DOA game sales were going to fund your NG game?
>>
No, it's not bad. In fact, I think it develops the soulsborne mechanics in a good way. It's just that the rest of it is uninspired and forgettable, as well as shoving some unnecessary and poorly implemented rpg systems and loot.
>>
>>381487380
Combat is really good but enemy varieties get boring. its also real hard. not ninja gaiden hard but once u die u go back to the last checkpoint (if u activated it)
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
>>381508698
The game does a lot to seperate itself from the souls series which I would credit its success to. it's not just Samurai Souls, its fully its own thing

>Fully action combat fit with combos instead of the slow weighty souls combat
>Segregated levels instead of the metroidvania faux open world.
>Diablo style loot system instead of hand placed drops decorating the map and rewarding players for exploring.
>Closed off pvp instead of world invasions.
>Difficulty settings instead of NG+

The biggest weakness for Nioh comes from the miniscule amount of enemies. Some people claim level design was bad. but it wasn't. It was just that they had only so many enemies to work with that level design felt bad as a side effect. YES. ITS ANOTHER ROOM WHERE TOTALLY HIDDEN ARCHERS START SHOOTING AT YOU
>>
>>381509157
You are so delusional it's not even funny. It's success is literally based on the fact that it is a Souls clone AND it sold it's soul (XDDDD) to be as much of a Souls Cline as it could. Go watch footage of the alpha if you were not here to play it.

All that you mentioned is secondary, the way you approach enemeis and traverse levels is exactly the same, and they can even be played the same.
>>
>>381509907
I don't dispute that it has origins as a souls clone but I think it does enough to carve out its own niche in what is a fairly new genre of game. Compare it to something like Lords of the Fallen for example which floundered in all regards.
>>
>>381509907
kill yourself Luci
>>
Anyone got some cool nioh webms?
>>
>>381487380
We talked about it non stop for weeks and there is an active general for it on /vg/. The PS4 also had Horizon, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 in the same quarter, I'm still catching up - I don't have time to post about any game non stop on an image board because there is too much to play, unlike some other consoles...
>>
File: Nioh_20170517223447.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170517223447.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>381510314
I mean I could but Im just a little lazy to make them all
>>
>>381510053
The point is that it should be in the same fucking "genre" or strive to be a Souls Clone, it's doing it for the sales alone. In the Alpha the movement and the way you approached fights was different, there was a lot more emphasis on blocking, stance switching and ki pulse, then the Souls shitters came in and flooded the feedback with "y cunt i crab walg bak n foth wen lok on!?!?".
>>
There's no discussion because all the discussion is on /vg/. THis board is on fucking life support, half the threads are dedicated shitposting.
>>
>>381510694
*shouldn't

My brain fucking dying,
>>
>>381510694
Ah so you're just pissing and moaning about soulsfans. Very well, carry on
>>
File: NiOh-20-1.jpg (293KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
NiOh-20-1.jpg
293KB, 800x800px
WE WUZ
>>
>>381511004
Ah so you are just brushing off criticism with ad hominem strawmans. Very well, get fucked.
>>
>>381510694
blame the japs
they're the ones that primarily gave negative feedback during the alpha and beta
>>
>>381511384
ACTUALLY SAMURAI N SHEEEIT
>>
File: Nioh Odachi Iai.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Odachi Iai.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>381510314
Nothing that I havent already posted.
>>
>>381511409
Its not criticism. You're complaining about shit that got changed in the beta then assigning blame to whatever social group you like least. It's just whining.
>>
File: Nioh air juggle4.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh air juggle4.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
File: Nioh Shima flop.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Shima flop.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>381511716
Go look up videos of people playing the alpha since you were not here to be part of it newfag. It's literally what all the treads were about, every other post was complaining about the game not being like Souls.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure it out what was done and why it was done,
>>
File: Nioh Air juggle3.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Air juggle3.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>381487740
So are many other games and people discuss them over the course of a year or even years.
>>
>>381510572
>there is an active general for it on /vg/
Anon, I...
>>
>>381506638
>thinking sony would publish a game without having some form of contract in place
koei-tecmo might own the ip, we don't actually know, but it more than likely sony has exclusivity in exchange for covering publishing in the west

HIGHLY doubt koei could just port it if they wanted to
>>
>>381512037
holy shit, that was cool
>>
>>381494732
because in Diablo you're just boosting like one or 2 stats while in Dark Souls people have specific builds in mind that they're tailoring themselves towards, and it sucks if you don't find the right equipment to take advantage of it. I love Diablo but the one aspect of the randomized loot that really sucks is the tomes, since if you're playing a sorcerer you absolutely have to rely on tome drops, whereas the warrior can pretty much club his way through with whatever.
>>
>>381491081
They literally made the combat based off 4chan suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqCSzO15VME&t=14m55s
>>
File: 1495227323166.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1495227323166.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>381512934
>waifu, weaboo, git gud
>>
>>381512934
Game set and match you fucking retard >>381511716
>>
>>381512934
they should definitely do alpha/beta testing again for nioh 2

partly think that was responsible for the games success desu
>>
File: DLC.jpg (167KB, 609x821px) Image search: [Google]
DLC.jpg
167KB, 609x821px
>>381494732
In context of Nioh? It means there is no reason to explore the map because that drop you see way over there is the middle of two Oni and a Ninja isn't anything special. its just another RNG weapon. Where as in other Souls and Souls-Like titles. Items on the map can be unique weapon and armor.
>>
>>381513207
Not him but I'm a Strong Conqueror or whatever the words were and the game was changed and probably for the worse, but not in a significant enough way to prevent it from being my current GOTY.
>>
File: 1436127049428.gif (978KB, 245x234px) Image search: [Google]
1436127049428.gif
978KB, 245x234px
>>381513207
>Keep poking the snake

I was content to let you have the last word anon. Go ahead and keep pissing and moaning about the group you hate and go ahead and assign me to that group and insist I know nothing and never played the betas because I called you out
>>
File: finalstand.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
finalstand.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>381487380
>>
File: dodges.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dodges.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>381510314
>>
>>381513429
>literally get empiric proof proving him wrong
>"LOL look at how much i won that argument XD"
>>
>>381513923
>Anyone who gave feed back I didn't like was a Souls fan because I don't like souls fans and only they would give bad feed back

This is the last (you) I'm going to give to you anon. I expect more memery out of you in reply. Make it count.
>>
File: (1).jpg (287KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
(1).jpg
287KB, 500x500px
>its another "lets compare soulsborne with a game with a similar characteristic" thread
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.