[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can an indie pokemon clone make money? I have an idea for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1436978902532.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1436978902532.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
can an indie pokemon clone make money?

I have an idea for a pokemon clone with plants.
>>
I may or may not be making a pokemon-like.

What's your idea anon?
>>
>>381485227
A garderning pokemon game about plant waifus
you capture plants
you put those plants in the gardens
in every town (10 towns) there’s one loli of the harem waifu culture game
all tell you the story about how they survived their ship crash and were taken by those cute bunnies (every town has a diferent pet animal people).
all the girls seem to be in love with you but you don’t put them too much attention, you want to train hard and be the best (but you’re not a beta).
the plants are how you combat other monsters, they’re like traps in a action rpg
you can’t attack or be hit, but you can’t advance if you don’t defeat the enemy or are boss
every girl speaks some words of his native language
there’s diferent all kind of plants, every plant can be farmed for items to combat monsters and capture other plants.
there’s an evil boss, which is a sorcerer who you fight with of the animal pets who was the leader until you defeat him before
you start the game with the memory loss of the last time you fought, so you don’t remember nothing, the girls seem to tell you the story of their times.
every girl has a routine to sell diferent items and shit
they have a diferent story (missions)
there’s a calendar with special events, like birthdays and so on.
have traditional food from every culture, you can craft food like minecraft with recipes
some girls can become fat (american girl)
>>
>>381485419
>A garderning pokemon game about plant waifus
Bound to flop. Make the plant designs visually creative and please while trying to keep anysort of ironic or sarcastic humor out of their designs and make the female NPCs cute but not explicitly sexual or romantic and you'll have something people can stomach while taking mildly serious
>>
>>381485813
my goal is to make a harem waifu game that normies can play, as some kind of artistic challenge.
>>
>>381485956
>harem waifu game that normies can play
Harvest Moon, Azure Dreams, Thousand Arms, Rune Factory, Stardew Valley, Story of Seasons, and many others have already been there long before you. You are about 20 years too late for that party.

Plus, normies now play VNs "ironically" and so they've already picked up gay dad dating simulator.

Your game doesn't sound like it would appeal to normies anyways, since it is just growing crops for a shitty tower defense along with some random dating fetishes sprinkled in. You need to develop your idea a bit more than that.
>>
>>381487164
not really, my idea is basically recettear meets pokemon.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.