[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A man lit three candles on a certain day each year. Each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: Wt1m1p1.png (5KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
Wt1m1p1.png
5KB, 640x320px
>A man lit three candles on a certain day each year. Each candle held symbolic significance: One was for the time that had passed before he was alive; one was for the time of the his life; and one was for time that passed after he had died. Each year the man would stare and watch the candles until they had burned out.

>Was the man really watching time go by in any symbolic sense? He thought so. He thought that each flicker of the flame was a moment of time that had passed or one that would pass.

>At the moment of abstraction, when the man was imagining his life and his existence as a metaphor of the three candles, he was free: Not free from rules of conduct or social constraints, but free to understand, to imagine, to make metaphor.

>Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now, I am free to contemplate my existence in metaphorical terms. Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints.

>The candles burn out for you; I am free.

What made the Marathon plot GOAT?
>>
File: marathon2.jpg (49KB, 610x250px) Image search: [Google]
marathon2.jpg
49KB, 610x250px
Yo is this a motherfucking Marathon thread?
>>
>>381472939
>ihavebee}rolandbeowulfachil!esgilgameshiha
>vebeencalleda[undrednamesandwillbecalledat
>housandmorebeforetheworldgoesdimandcoldiam
>%heroshehasbeenn~melesssinceourbi=thaconst
>antadversarycaringfornothingbutmyruinaswor
>ddrenchedinmybloodfor%vermygreatestand+nly
>lovesheisthedarkoLetheenemyandloverwithout
>whoZmyveryexistencewouldbepatheticandvulga
>rourrelationshipiscom^lexandperhapseternal
>wemetonceinthegardenatthebeginningofthewor
>ldandunawareofourtwindestinieswematchedsta
>resacrossad;yf\untainandirecallhersmiling>
>tmebeforeshedevouredthelawnandtreeswithatr
>anslucentblueflameandtoreflagstonesfromthe
>athandhurledthemintotheskyscreamingmysins
>ipowderagranitemonumentinasoundlessflashsh
>oweringthegrasswithmoltendropsofitsgoldinF
>aysendingsmokingchipsofstoneskippingintoth
>efogshesplinte!sanancientoakwitha/orcethat
>takesmybreathandhurlsmetothegroundshelea%!

>CONNECTION TERMINATED <ID#0401>
>>
>>381472939
Did you really expect me to read all that shit nigga: The Game: The Trilogy

Oh by the way here's a terminal that you have to open three times to beat the level, once at the beginning, a second time once you complete your objective, and a third time immediately afterwards because teleporting you after the second time would have made way too much sense
>>
>>381473540
It appears that way, my dude. Best Bungie thread.
>>
>>381474082
Yeah but would you rather play Destiny over Marathon?
>>
File: marathon-spht_1600.jpg (574KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
marathon-spht_1600.jpg
574KB, 1600x1200px
maybe its just because this was my first ever video game, but I cum to the atmosphere of Marathon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMucY-lxWQ
>>
File: IMG_20170616_212328.jpg (852KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_212328.jpg
852KB, 1920x1080px
I recently just beat it, but you definitely need to play it on a CRT in 640x480 with the lights out and the original hud. It's awesome.
>>
File: mifinalscreen.gif (495KB, 2048x480px) Image search: [Google]
mifinalscreen.gif
495KB, 2048x480px
>>381474840

I have a lot of Marathon pics but never seen that one

Post more
>>
File: infinity_bg.lg.jpg (368KB, 2500x1536px) Image search: [Google]
infinity_bg.lg.jpg
368KB, 2500x1536px
>>381475507

really love the first halo to because of the similar sort of atmosphere
>>
A lot of people don't know this, but once Destiny 2 makes like 35 million bucks (it'll do that in a month or so), BUNGiE is given permission to begin development on a new Marathon game one year out of that sales number, which means that we will most likely see a Marathon Remake or Marathon IV in 2020. Then again, it could just be a rerelease of the original trilogy.
>>
>>381476191
Can I get a source on that brother?
>>
>>381475116
Looks comfy as fuck
>>
File: 7e3.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7e3.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>381476191
>>
>>381476380
From the BUNGiE activision contract in 2012:

>Licensor shall have the right to utilize (i) no more than
seven (7) employees (but excluding any Key Members) and no more than ten (10) contractors to work
on and operate Bungie.net (unless any Product is in a state of Critical Risk, then the immediately
foregoing numbers shail be reduced to no more than three (3) employees and no more than three (3)
contractors), (ii) no more than the greater of five percent (5%) of Key Members and one (1 ) Key
Member, and no more than the greater of five percent (5%) of ali other employees and one (1 ) other
employee, to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for a future Licensor action-shooter interactive
entertainment software product tentatively known as "Marathon" ("Marathon"), (iii) no more than ten
percent (10%) of the Key Member resources and no more than ten percent (10%) of all other
employees after the achievement of at (east Three Hundred Seventy Five Million Dollars ($375,000,000)
in cumulative Operating Income to continue to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for Marathon or
otherwise engage in work on other Licensor projects or business activities, (iv) no more than twenty five
percent (25%) of the Key Member resources and no more than twenty five percent (25%) of all other
employees after the achievement of at least Seven Hundred Fifty Million Dollars ($750,000,000) in
Bungie Development and Publishing Agreement
>>
How do you go from this to Halo and then fucking Destiny?
>>
>>381476637
It's all about team size and members of the team
>Marathon
Alex Seropian did all of the sound, Doug Zartman did voice acting and some levels, Greg Kirkpatrick wrote the story, some other guy did artwork, but Jason Jones did the blunt of the programming and levels.
>Halo
Martin O' Donnel, Joseph Staten, Jason Jones, All of the cool people
>Destiny
Jason Jones and a bunch of faggots
>>
>>381476537
So what your telling me, is that even though I'm tentative about Desticle 2, I should buy it to get a Marathon game?
>>
>>381476191
Do you really want a Marathon game made by modern Bungie?
>>
>>381477172
This tbqfh
>>
>>381477172
I'm not thrilled whichever way they go with the campaign, I just love the aesthetic and atmosphere of the first game and would love to see it combined with realism and or survival horror.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.