[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a really emotionally impactful VN or VN-like game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2131.jpg (337KB, 2681x1412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2131.jpg
337KB, 2681x1412px
What's a really emotionally impactful VN or VN-like game that's on Steam?

I've already played and throughly enjoyed;
To the Moon
Undertale
planetarian
VA-11-HALL-A
>>
steins;gate is good, and so is fata morgana
>>
>>381469273
What would you recommend between STEINS;GATE and Clannad? I plan on getting Rakuen which is fairly short but both the aforementioned VNs are pretty long (S;G is at around 30 and Clannad over 50) so I don't think I want both
>>
File: true end flags.png (178KB, 3152x1328px) Image search: [Google]
true end flags.png
178KB, 3152x1328px
>>381469674
clannad is supposedly meant to be feels but i haven't played it, and people recommend the anime adaptation of it because the vn is longer than it needs to be

steins;gate starts slow and keeps intensifying to the point of being very invested in the characters by the end

if you do opt for steins;gate this is an image that shows you how to get the true end flags; it's recommended to either get the true end on your first playthrough or to get the 0-flag ending on your first playthrough (do not bother with the 1-5 flag ending, it's pointless, do only 0 or all 6)

another useful piece of advice is that every time you come up on a major story choice, save your game and choose to do nothing so that you can branch into another end, then pick up where you left off, and you should be able to tell when those major choices are just by nature of what they are

fata morgana is also quality feels time, which is why i brought it up, but it's unvoiced due to being a doujin work so you have to actually want to get into it in order to appreciate it
>>
File: 1497729526987.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497729526987.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>>381469047
Life is Strange.

I'm serious.

It's a bit of a hit and miss though, some people can't look past its many flaws and drop it halfway through, but the ones who can do usually get mentally fucked up at the end.
>>
>>381469047
the nonary games is (are?) truly heartbreaking but it's a little bit expensive rn
>>
>>381471102
(but you get two games in one)
>>
File: 200.gif (1MB, 357x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1MB, 357x200px
>>381469047
G-senjou no maou
Narcissus
>>
>>381469273
>fata morgana
fpbp
>>
>>381469047

Root Double and Ever17
>>
>>381470140
After going through planetarian, I really started to like English subtitles + good Japanese voice acting with atmospheric BGM and prefer it now. What do you mean by "unvoiced"? No English or none at all?
>>
>>381471573
it has absolutely no voices whatsoever, but that allows the music to have lots of vocal presence for what it's worth

it was a very budget title but they put a lot of soul into it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.