[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the appeal of CS:GO to me? 10 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: fb_image.png (12KB, 1200x603px) Image search: [Google]
fb_image.png
12KB, 1200x603px
Can someone explain the appeal of CS:GO to me?

10 years ago CS was the perfect lan-game. The game was fairly easy to understand, maps were small and rounds never lasted more than a few minutes. Since TTK was low it also allowed newer players to occasionally defeat more experienced players if they got the drop on them. There was also a variety of custom maps and custom game-modes if people wanted to modify their experience.

However, nowadays CS isn't played primarily on lan anymore. It's a regular online game for the most part and for a regular online multiplayer game it simply doesn't have anything to offer. The gunplay is pretty weak overall, it's neither arcady nor is it realistic. It's pseudo-realism that primarily revolves around memorizing spray-patterns. Most maps are also fairly one-dimensional. People learn the layout and then watch youtube tutorials on spots that can be used to hold certain angles.

It almost feels like playing a mod to a game that wasn't originally intended to be played in multiplayer and instead of polishing it with superior gunplay the way the guns handled was too iconic for the developers to do anything about it.
>>
>>381449030
CS:GO is a literal goldmine thanks to gambling.
Skins made it overly popular (nobody gave a shit about the game before, look at the numbers): the fact you can get something of value (you can sell stuff) by simply playing has a big appeal over poor people.
That's why it's so popular in east Europe.

That said, the huge "serious" business about skins and gambling had very little to do with the game itself, the vast majority of players don't give a shit.

Because at some point, skins actually made the game popular, and the game is more skill-based than casual shooters. Plus it can run on toasters.

And that's why you still hear about it
>>
>friends constantly try to coerce me into playing CS GO with them
>just want to play R6S for tactical shooters
>don't know how to tell them that they have shit taste
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.