[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought pic related. Who should I main? And can I get a quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3184.jpg (114KB, 930x1044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3184.jpg
114KB, 930x1044px
Just bought pic related. Who should I main? And can I get a quick rundown on the different Arms characters?
>>
Main who you want to main.

Most popular characters in ranked are Ninjara, Minmin and Ribbon Girl because they all play quickly.
>>
>>381448719
>he bought a switch
>>
File: 20170616_133126.jpg (155KB, 640x670px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_133126.jpg
155KB, 640x670px
>>381448719
Whatever you do don't use twintelle cause she's mine
>>
Is Byte and Barq good? The doggo is cute
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/6bwxu8/all_arms_character_abilities/?st=j48nj0dd&sh=37862d1e
>>
>>381449289
Barq becomes both a 3rd arm that will attack with you from time to time to add pressure and also a platform for you to jump off of.

He also takes hits for you so he's a good shield for some incoming attacks.

The rush attack has him GATTAI with you to do a 3-armed assault.
>>
which is better for fighting in arms, the motion controls or a normal controller?
>>
Spring Man
>Ability 1: A charge after dash will cause incoming ARMS to stop all momentum and sink to the ground, leaving an opening
>Ability 2: When under 25% health, ARMS will be permanently charged

Ribbon Girl
>Ability 1: Ribbon Girl can midair jump up to four times
>Ability 2: Can fall to the ground really quick

Ninjara
>Ability 1: When dashing in midair, Ninjara will pop in and out of existence for a brief time
>Ability 2: Can dash out of block by disappearing and reappearing

Master Mummy
>Ability 1: When blocking, will heal in 10 health increments; healing per second increases the longer block is held
>Ability 2: Will not flinch from non-charged (and some charged) attacks while jumping, dashing, or punching; also gain 50% damage reduction when a punch is resisted

Min Min
>Ability 1: While dashing, will kick away airborne ARMS, knocking them to the ground, leaving an opening
>Ability 2: After a successful throw or a long charge after dash, left arm will become a dragon and the left ARMS weapon will be charged for a much longer time; ends prematurely if Min Min is knocked down

(1/2)
>>
>>381449289
I got koed by that fucking doggo once and i will never live it down. I was having such a great comeback too. now I target that fucker before engaging byte
>>
>>381450116
Normal is easier to learn and do well with but some people speculate that motion will have a higher skill ceiling since there are certain things you can only do on motion like widening your grabs and aiming punches independently
>>
>>381450116
Whichever you need
You will probably end up using button controls eventually because it can get pretty fast if you're dashing in eachothers face a lot
>>
>>381450261
>>381449423
Someone posted source so I'll stop there. As for advice, I'd say give motion a shot since they can be fun but if you're trying to git gud you're probably better off on traditional. Don't forget to access the Tutorials hidden Versus for some reason and hit up the help menu if you need more tips or brush up on character info. Have fun
>>
>>381449423
>>381450261
>Twintelle
>Ability 2: Unknown
Can't she float mid-air while holding the dash button then do a quick dash when letting go?
>>
>>381448719
Spring Man is a good beginner character. He's pretty reliable, no gimmicks. Medium fists so you'll be able to punch most punches away (if not through them), decent damage, and speed. Zip through punches with deflect and fuck email up. Don't 1-2 punch unless you're really certain it'll hit. Try to keep one fist free to break grabs or counter punches. What I do is I'll throw one punch to see how they react then exploit any habits. If you get any dodge or jump happy fags try and manipulate them into going into your punches (like straight punch and then immediately up punch to catch jumpfags). If you're on normal controls press down to curve your punches upwards. Keep in mind you can still adjust straight punches, so to only need minor adjustments punch then aim. Aim then punch if you think they'll dodge or strafe. Thats all I got for now, just remember parry mode is for fun and ranked can be pretty intense
>>
>>381448719
Kid Cobra is pretty fun. Good at dodging and I really enjoy his default arms.
>>
I want to buy this game but the reviews are middling.
>>
>>381452803
>I want this game, but I'm a brainless sheep
>>
>>381452803
I'd say get it if you like playing at least semi competitively, if not just wait for some content to get added. Keep in mind traditional controls are viable so if wagglan isn't you're thing you'll still be able to compete.
>>
File: switch.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
>>381453028

>I blindly buy games with my parent's money.
>>
File: 1467052849121.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1467052849121.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>381449423
>>
>>381452803
If you liked Wii Sports Boxing for more than 5 minutes you might get 5 minutes of enjoyment out of this game.
>>
Can someone recommend a side-hitter arm for Mechanica? I was doing fine with her standard ARMs until people started wising up and side-dashing my attacks.

I've unlocked the Boomerang (Wind), Charkam (Fire), and Firebird (Fire). What the biggest different between those arms? Which one would be the best to hit a side-dasher after I bait them into a dodge with my Whammer?
>>
File: IMG_0407.jpg (17KB, 493x134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
17KB, 493x134px
>>381455019
>>
>>381452803
I would recommend waiting to see what the future updates and DLC bring. I'm enjoying this game, but I have to admit it's lacking in content, and wouldn't play it much if I didn't have friends that also own it, and have a daily lobby with in the evening.

The game is fun, but very shallow and basic, and it's a party game, a fun one, at best.
>>
>>381452803
The reviews are middling because there isn't much in the way of single player content and it's not like the reviewers could judge the multiplayer before the game was released, so buy it only if you're more interested in the multiplayer.
>>
>>381452803
Its a great game with not that much else

thats the gripe

you got a GP which is certainly no story mode, versus, online and ranked, some minigames that come in between, but thats it.

No real unlockables besides arms for each character
which you unlock the same of for every character
>>
>tfw snek with shield
>Just constantly wall people and strafe around my guardian, slap round the side not covered

His dashes make it though
>>
>>381456260
>>381455097

Oh wow, Nintendo really phoned it in. Must have rushed the game out. I'll pass on this. Thanks.
>>
>>381457515
Or just wait a year till all the updates are out
probably cheaper too

You're not that thirsty for games, are you?

Its a short package but I'm having a lot of fun
>>
>>381452803
If you like competitive fighting games, then absolutely get it. The lower scores come from the fairly bare bones single player, but the multiplayer is more than worth it if you see yourself actually practicing it to get better
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.