[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /V/, I decided to get a pc to play games that would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1722.jpg (29KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.jpg
29KB, 800x450px
Well, /V/, I decided to get a pc to play games that would be "exclusive" on the xbone x. So with the pc, I'll have a PS4, ps3, ps2, ds, and later on, a switch. Question is, what do you guys think of this build? Money is not a real issue here, but I want to run demanding games at the best settings possible. Also Pc part picker thread.
>>
>>381440529
What build?
>>
>>381440529
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZXd4VY
Fuck here you go
>>
>>381440529
I would recommend an i7-7820X to be more future proof
>>
File: 1383788876508.gif (580KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1383788876508.gif
580KB, 480x360px
>>381440605
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZXd4VY
>I7
Stop right there. You've already fucked up if you're not gonna stream or do video processing.

No need for that.

>1440
>144hz
You're not gonna get any use out of that. Get 2 1080p instead.
>Microsoft Off

Now I know you're trolling.
>>
>>381440709
Stop recommending i7's for god damn fucking gaming

no game except ARMA is going to use an i7 to it's full capacity, they are never going to use more than 40% of that processor

OP just get a fucking i5 and invest in a good liquid cooling system, overclock that motherfucker as much as you can and you will run anything. Better than wasting a gorillion dollars on literally unused CPU capacity
>>
>>381440709
Not compatible with the motherboard. I think I can find a better mobo though
>>
>>381440605
If you are spending that much put an extra 50 for a cheep ssd for boot
>>
>>381440915
That's the thing. I do a lot of stuff with Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Microsoft office is for college.
>>
>>381440605
>>381441045 What this guy said, though maybe go a bit bigger. No SSD on this kind of hardware is a waste, since you'll actually want to start up fast, right?
>>
>>381440529
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZXd4VY
Please don't support the w10 Spam Edition and get LTSB instead !
>>
Hijacking thread to ask own question because g won't help. I'm building a pc for a friend and went with ryzen 1600. He doesn't plan to over clock so I didn't get an aftermarket cooler. The included cooler is fine for no over clock I assume? I cant find an answer for that on Google
>>
>>381441974
If the stock cooler was not enough to keep the CPU working at stock clock speed why in hell would they include it

It's a fucking retarded question and i see why /g/ gave you no answer

Anyway im still glad to help. The answer is yes, the included cooler is more than enough
>>
>>381440605
It's pretty close to a computer I built a few months ago.

I would suggest an alternative brand of harddrives instead of Seagate. They have an extremely high failure rate. Western Digital is pretty good.

I don't really like Asus as a brand because their customer service is god awful to the point of non-existence in my experience and I would especially never buy a video card by them but it's your choice.

>>381441974
The answer is yes. People meme a lot about how bad stock coolers are but if your friend is a nub who isn't planning to do anything extra it should be fine. Obviously going with an aftermarket cooler would be better, but if he doesn't have the cash the stock one on Ryzen's is pretty reliable.
>>
>>381442210
>If the stock cooler was not enough to keep the CPU working at stock clock speed why in hell would they include it

Because stock coolers have been incredibly shitty for me in the past and I usually get a 212 or something. I've just never used these ryzen ones
>>
>>381442764
Get a 212 again. It's always still the cheapest bidder.
>>
>>381442725
So
Western Digital instead of Asus. Got it.
Also
I was just using that card as a placeholder. Imma get an nvidia geforce
>>
>>381442764
The stock COU cooler for the Ryzen 1600 is excellent. Comparable with the 212EVO.

Sabe some money and stick with it, or jump a tier up in price and performance, with a diuble grill or an AIO
>>
>>381444512
>The stock COU cooler for the Ryzen 1600 is excellent. Comparable with the 212EVO.

That's good to hear but a little hard to believe. The stuff is being delivered Friday so we will see.

I'd get a 212 but he wanted to save as much as possible and just plans on playing games and no over clock for now. Can add a new cooler later if we need to.
>>
>>381440605
Get an SSD and get rid of your external hard drive
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.