[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, will this thing be able to keep up with the xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

Realistically, will this thing be able to keep up with the xbox one x?
Will resolution be the only difference?
Do you think we'll see scenarios like XBOX = 4K native while PS4P = 4K checkerboard?
Or XBOX = 4K checkerboard while PS4P = 1800p checkerboard?
>>
>>381434962
X-Box One X vs PS4 Pro

>Worlds Most Powerful Console
XB1X

>Exclusive Games On PC/Steam
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Best Looking Multiplats
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Highest Audio/Video Bit-rates
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Dolby Atmos 7.1
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Some Current-Gen-Games Scaled To (Native 4K)
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>100+ Native 4K Games
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Cross-Play
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>EA Access
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Mixed Reality
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>HDR
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>4K Bluray Player
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Backward Compatibility
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Download Hundreds Of Games $10
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>High Fidelity VR
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Best Online
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>4K 60FPS Video Capture
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>100+ PC/Windows 10 Apps
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Best Quality Free Games
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>HDMI 2.0a For VR
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Retroactive Screen Capture
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Vapor chamber cooling
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Runs last gen games better
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>16x anisotropic texture filtering
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>50% faster hdd speeds for 4k textures
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Shader 6
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>PC Ultra-like Graphics
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>HDMI 2.1
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Dynamic HDR 4K Player
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>AMD Freesync/Variable Refresh
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>Radeon Freesync 2
XB1X>>>>>Pro

>True (Native) 4K Gaming
XB1X>>>>>Pro

how's that BC on Playstation working out for you? How about that Playstation exclusive game pass ... oh right. Good luck with your console with 30% less in GPU, 10%+ less in CPU, 50% less in memory bandwidth, 38.889 % less RAM
>>
>>381435028
holy shit, it's over for sonybros..
>>
>>381434962
My reason for believing the 1X will actually sell better than the pro is that it's more marketable for current owners. getting a pro serves no purpose if the base ps4 is perfectly fine and the pro doesn't deliver on it's intended purpose, but the 1X is such a vast improvement on the base xbox one regardless of the 4K aspects that getting one is preferable to the base xbox one because you're at the very least looking at 1080p locked frame rates than 900p games. the xbox one is so much weaker than a ps4 and fails to perform in comparison that upgrading has more appeal for xbox than it did for playstation. That is for the targeted xbox loyalists.

For new consumers if they find the 1X's power enticing enough then it should grab a following among consumers. I think non xbox players is a debatable number because you have to look at Europe which a continent full of casuals who only buy playstation to play fifa and ask how loyal are they? Will playing your game on a better system mean anything to them or are they locked in at this point? Europe has been spending more in the console market than other regions so if the best place to play their game is all they want then maybe the 1X will exceed expectations but this is kind of unpredictable since we can't determine these things exactly.

Overall i think the 1X will outperform microsoft's expectations because they have generally low expectations but there's no knowing by how much
>>
It's true that casuals care about graphics, but that's not really the only thing they care about, because if it was, then they would build a PC, exclusives matte, even if they only play a couple, they are a big selling point, bigger than real 4k vs almost 4k, also $500.
>>
>>381435028
Games: ps4 pro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox one x

Anyway, i thought the xbox one x has the same cpu speed as the s, similar to how the ps4 and the pro are. I don't think the game on the one x will look that much better but we will see
>>
Just think about all the little kids on Christmas getting the new XB1X and playing their favorite game in 4K (Minecraft)
>>
File: games.jpg (38KB, 650x275px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
38KB, 650x275px
>>381435893
Enjoy your interactive movies and your niche weebshit games.
>>
>>381436371
xbox has more if you count BC
>>
>>381434962
>Realistically, will this thing be able to keep up with the xbox one x?
Dude, stop being delusional. How fucking naive can a person be?
These mid-gen upgrades (BOTH of them) are irrelevant. All that matters are the normal and cheaper PS4 and Xbone models, they will FOREVER account for 80%+ of the current console market.

It doesn't matter if PS4pro is 30% less powerful than XboneX or whatever, because devs will still target the OG consoles and almost all game sales will be done on OG consoles.

The mid-gen upgrades are there for a niche of the population, they are irrelevant in the "war".

But moving on...
>Do you think we'll see scenarios like XBOX = 4K native while PS4P = 4K checkerboard?
Yes XboneX will have more native 4K games than PS4pro, but the majority of games still won't be native 4K. Mostly just 1st party or indie games will render at 4K, while most 3rd party games will be upscaled on both consoles.

>Or XBOX = 4K checkerboard while PS4P = 1800p checkerboard?
No such thing as "4K checkerboard". If you already render the game at native 4K what's the need for checkerboaring? That's an upscaling technique, but the game already runs at actual 4K, so what the fuck are you smoking?

I mean, sure in the future we will see 4K checkerboarded games but that's when we get 8K TVs as the standard.
>>
I think microsoft is just releasing the console now because they kind of have no choice but are basically prepping it for following years. They know right now $500 is a little steep but realistically there aren't many games that even warrent getting the console. Only a few diehard people will get it and play console Destiny 2 at 4K30 but that's basically it. If they lower the price to $450-400 next year then it'll be a better proposition to 2018's holiday market.
>>
>>381436758
https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/xbox-one/118357/microsoft-wont-make-profit-selling-xbox-one-x

FYI, Destiny 2 has sony marketing rights and is not confirmed to be 4K on XB1X. Only on PS4 pro.
>>
>>381436371
I sure am. I would rather have a handful of really good games than a crapload of shit ones. My switch is just a zelda machine at this point. I may get the xbx for Forza if gran autismo isn't out by then or sucks dick
>>
Depends on how many they ship maybe since there seem not to be many pros in the wild.
Like i never see Pros on retail stores but i see rows of slims everywhere, might be just in my area tho.
>>
>>381436931
Why would you get Xbox just for Forza. It's availalbe on Windows 10 thanks to the Xbox app and store.
>>
>>381435028
>Exclusive Games On PC/Steam
saying that it has as good games as pc is a nonargument, just a buy a fucking pc you twat

>100+ Native 4K Games
>native 4K
sotp being delusional

>16x anisotropic texture filtering
>PC Ultra-like Graphics
>True (Native) 4K Gaming
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pathetic
>>
>>381437245
I need to go to sleep so here you go:
>>381424815
>>381426009
>>381433048
>>381432912
>>
>>381436702
Playstation
Don't Have 4K TV
>PS4 good enough can do 1080p60 occasionally
>PS4pro somehow makes games run worse occasionally
Have 4K TV
>PS4 still just does it's thing
>PS4pro occasionally games will look slightly better but perform worse still

XBOX
Don't Have 4K TV
>Xbox One plays games at 900p unstable frame rates
>Xbox One X plays games at 1080p with locked frame rates
Have 4K TV
>xbox one does it's thing at the bottom of the barrel
>Xbox One X does 4K gaming and hopefully locked frame rates.

PS4 pro doesn't sell well because it's not needed. The 1X has a chance if only because it's an actual upgrade for base players and new players alike.
we can't know how successful if at all the console will be but i'd wager better than the pro.
>>
>>381437245
>just a buy a fucking pc you twat

couch gaming and for when friends come over
>>
>he thinks ps4 needs to keep up
>he thinks xbox isn't the one needing to "keep up"
>>
>>381437402
I noticed GT Sport there and I'm kinda peeved there hasn't been a Forza 7 GT Sport comparison video yet. I always see GT Sport compared to Forza 6 for some reason.
>>
>>381437442
My whole point is that both XboneXxXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and PS4pro are irrelevant.

So why the fuck would I be bothered to even look at the differences between them?
PS4 and XBone will rule the market until the next generation comes along. You should stop sucking MS's dick (or Sony's but you're clearly a Xbot - I didn't think you guys were still a thing in this day and age) and you should start realising nothing in this little tiny "battle" matters.
>>
>>381437450
There are barely any couch games anymore, everything is online

even then it takes me about 3 minutes to take my PC and set it up in the living room.
>>
>>381437568
>People don't realise the difference in power between Xbox and PS2 was even bigger than XboneX and PS4pro
>it didn't matter

Xbots are stupid, what would you expect?
>>
>>381437076
I live in Japan and having a desktop takes up a lot of space and are kinda loud.

I kinda hate MS cause they really pioneered a lot of shitty practices like paid monthly subscriptions and dlc content. Their xb1 plan was even more horrific and gives me a good idea on what gaming would look like if MS was more popular. Sony is shitty, but incompetent with their business strategy, which is why the psx/ps2/ps4 generations are the best. Still considering the xbx cause the specs are good for the price and forza
>>
>>381435028
IT's over! SONYNYGGERS CANNOT DEFEAT THE XBOX X
>>
>>381437824
>There are barely any couch games anymore,
There are more couch games now than ever before.
Are you drunk or live under a rock? It MUST be one of the two.

I'm not him, btw.
>>
>>381434962

Yes, because Xbox doesn't sell in Japan at all and it has noteworthy games. I legitimately can't think of games that are on the Xbox while PS4 games are regularly talked about on /v/.
>>
>>381437824
yeah but that doesn't make passing the controller around on GTAV any less fun
>>
>>381437960
God damn ggx looks annoying as shit
>>
>>381437824
>There are barely any couch games anymore
Do you enjoy lying to yourself?
>>
>>381436927
This sort of thing is actual bullshit. It just alienates XB1X players. Destiny 2 in 4K would most likely run/look better on XB1X instead of PS4 Pro.
Fuck company exclusivity.
>>
>>381438132
Git gud or get scrub'd m8
>>
What's the big difference between getting an Xbox one x and getting a steambox?
>>
>>381438246
That the steambox has absolutely no reason to exist
>>
>>381438180

Maybe they should have used that money to secure games instead of wasting it on power nobody will use.
We've yet to see people even use the full power of a PS4. It's just all devs running around with unoptimized crap.
>>
>No 60fps mode in new Spiderman game
Why you even ask?
>>
>>381437960
>>381438153
Name one game that is not a fighter and is enjoyable to play on couch with friends
>>
>>381437750
my point was the the xbox one x is more relevant because the base xbox is the irrelevant one of the two being phenomenally weaker where on the playstation side the difference isn't as staggeringly huge.

I get you probably don't care but i was merely saying that just because 1/5 PS4s sold are pros doesn't mean the same thing will carry over on the xbox side of purchasing.
>>
>>381438410
>is enjoyable
>Just name something so I can call it shit
With people like you, none of them
>>
>>381438556
No, I mean a game that you find enjoyable thats is not a fighter
because lets be fucking honest those are the only games with local coop these days
>>
>>381435028
The biggest issue is that is only has a couple of true exclusives that came out years ago. They really fucked the idort crowd by giving away all the exclusives to PC. That leaves Halo 5 as the sole reason to own an Xbone. Games that are only on PS4 and Xbox1x but not PC will benefit the xb1x but those don't exist this gen like they did with RDR and Bayonetta.
>>
Screen cap this. In a few months, there will be comparison videos and YOU WILL SEE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. Sony are fucks but microsoft are bigger fuckers and I laugh if you buy that new xdonex.
>>
>>381438665
it's fun to play minecraft. me and my cousin used to play like a survival battle thing.

Also Halo

Realistically you can play any game on a couch and make it a couch game as long as people are having fun together.
>>
>>381437960
That character looks crazy

fucking snooker ball physics character in a fighting game
>>
>>381438665
Okay then
Alienation, rocket league, and overcooked
>>
File: Venom.png (984KB, 1277x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Venom.png
984KB, 1277x1080px
>>381436927
>>381438180
What the fuck are you talkling about? Destiny2 WILL have a 4K mode on XboxOneXxXx, literally NO ONE even implied it wouldn't.
It won't be native 4K, just like most 3rd party games, since the XboneX isn't all that good, but it WILL have a "4k" mode with some resolution above 1080p.

The only thing anyone said about XboneXxX's performance in Destiny2 is that it won't run it at 60fps. That's it. Only morons would think it would anyway, what a horrible question. The CPU of PS4pro/XbxoxbBXX is nearly identical to the original PS4/Xbone, so of course these new consoles can't double the framerate in most cases since a lot of shit is CPU-bound, especially in Destiny2 (player count, physics, AI)

>>381438410
N++
Diablo3
Gauntlet
Any platformer with multiplayer
Any driving game
50% of indie games
Fuck it, I don't want to make a long-ass list. a LOT of games have couch co-op

>>381438434
>because the base xbox is the irrelevant one of the two
Pure delusion. Please don't reply to me again. Disgusting.

You ACTUALLY believe that a console that costs $500 is more relevant than a console that costs $200 (the normal Xbone). You actually think normal people will spend more than double the money just to get the exact same games... aight man.

It doesn't matter how much better the mid-generation upgrade is compared to the OG one. What matter is which games you can play on each (the exact same ones) and the price of entry (the original consoles win that by a long shot).

Currently 1 in 5 new PS4's sold are PS4pro's, and that's only a $100-150 difference. Now imagine paying $250-300 more for the XboxnxnexXX come the holidays. Maybe 1 in 8 Xbones will be the XboneXXxCx model at best.

>>381438870
yeah he's very fun
>>
>>381435028
that BC on ps4 is working fine, i just paid to download a ps2 game that is 5 feet away from me on the shelf and streamed a ps3 game ive owned for years in crisp youtube compression quality, like um try again sweetie
>>
You know the One X is a good thing for Ps4 pro users

Devs will have incentive to push put 4k patches like Witcher 3
>>
>>381434962
>will this thing be able to keep up with the xbox one x?

Even tho the Xbone X has a stronger GPU both consoles have the same bottleneck. They both share exactly the same shit CPU.
>>
>>381435028

>WE HAVE THE BEST EXCLUSIVE GAMING CONSOLE TITTLES PREMIUM TITTLES GAMING EXCLUSIVE 100000 NETFLIX OF GAMES RETRO GAMES AND EXCLUSIVE PREMIER !!!!

>A-also o-o-on s-t-e-am and pc.. p-please b-buy an xbox... w-w-e have assassins creed and .. f-forza.
>>
>>381440174
XBOX WILL NEVER EVER GET KNACK!!!!
>>
>>381440682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zi_nI0SIic
>>
>>381439213
PS4 doesn't have BC. PS nows is not BC.
>>
>>381441697
i don't mind if i have to pay sony to play old games. I'm investing in their future, their vision.
>>
>>381435843
>build a PC
casuals usually don't have autism. they also tend to have jobs and other responsibilities.
>>
>>381436371
enjoy your generic shooters.
>>
>>381441697
>ps now is not bc
>playing ps3 games on a ps4 is not bc
hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>381442520
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1498090875200.webm (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498090875200.webm
1MB, 500x400px
It funny how many Sonybro are all of a sudden pretending to be PC gamers. Isn't this cute?
>>
>>381442520
Streaming video games by paying £12.99 a month like on PC isn't called "Backward compatibily" Sweetie. Better luck next time.
>>
>>381442958
It is though, it's compatibility that goes backwards in generations.
I mean, it sure beats the hell out of having to spend potentially more than $10/month to get a single disc for a game, and praying it actually works on bc.
I know you want to justify your desire to spend $500 to play 360 games, but really. of all the things that the xbox needs to do to try and regain a foothold in the market, the last thing is to introduce another shoddy backwards compatibility program.
>>
>>381443147
I'm not justifying anything. I don't own a xbox. I'm telling that PS4 doesn't have backward compatibilty.
>>
>>381443248
It does though. and a larger library with actual support than the 360bc on xbone, hilariously enough.
>>
>>381443294
Ps now is a streaming service that has a limited selection of ps3 games. It performs as expected of a high end video game streaming service. It plays well but it'll have hiccups. Backwards compatibility is backwards compatibility. It hard to get it, huh?
>>
>>381443362
>backwards compatibility is backwards compatibility
explain to me what you think backwards compatibility is.

Are you suddenly not playing ps3 games because you're not putting a disc in to play it?
And don't even start with "limited", the ps now library is larger than the 360 bc library, like I said earlier. 450 vs 380, it's pretty decisive, and it gets even worse for the 360 when you strip away the 3rd party titles. 70 titles versus 33 or 34
>>
>>381443776
lol enjoy your artifacted streaming garbage where you need to rebuy the games you already own AGAIN haha. Truly #4ThePlayers mirite lmfao
>>
>>381444037
>re-buy
pay a monthly fee, and who the fuck keeps all of their old games but not their old systems?
if you want to play 360 on xbone, you have to re-buy, get your shit together m8.
>>
File: 1409256542250.jpg (32KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1409256542250.jpg
32KB, 299x299px
>>381442832
JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>381436927
>Destiny 2 will have 4k on PS4!
Too bad it won't be at 60 FPS, aka the only thing that matters
>>
>>381444316
Streaming only works well for a small number of games though. Have you ever tried a racing game on ps now? It's impossible. Even golf games where you have to time swings and whatnot is difficult. That few ms delay is a game killer in most cases
>>
>>381444756
oh sure I agree, it's terrible for most shit (though I love playing JRPGs on it.)
But to say it's not backwards compat simply because it's not traditionally pop disc in and play, is dumb as fuck.
>>
Do any of you actually read? PS4 PRO comes with a USB 3.1 for VR. Xbox One x will not have any VR. Phill even said so.
>>
resolution AND TEXTURE QUALITY.

XB1X has WAAAY more memory, so it can load 4K textures.
>>
>>381445825
A shame it isn't then.
>>
>>381434962
All of that is irrelevant, because the only thing that matters on a console is what games does it have
>>
>>381434962
>Realistically, will this thing be able to keep up with the xbox one x?
I think you're one of the retards thinking more powerful HW means something.
Already forgot PS2 generation?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.