[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On sale so just bought this? what was /v/'s consensus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

File: 468px-MGSV_TITLE_CARD[1].jpg (25KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
468px-MGSV_TITLE_CARD[1].jpg
25KB, 468x263px
On sale so just bought this? what was /v/'s consensus?

>Superb AI
>multiple ways to approach areas
>each area felt unique
>jungle and desert are the patrician vidya game levels
>building mother base felt alive, expansive
>resource management game that isn't a chore

side note : fallout new vegas sequel using a clone of mgs5 gameplay when
>>
>>381434213
bump
>>
Go to the Eastern Comms Depot and blow up all the dishes you see.
>>
Big empty game where you crawl around and fulton people for hours then lose half your guys multiple times because story
>>
>>381434213
Much of the discussion was taken over by lore fags who were upset their headcanon didn't come true.

In reality it's basically the best TPS and stealthan ever produced
>>
>>381434213
Disappointment.
Unfinished, holes of missing content patched with filler, copypaste missions. Final chapter never ever. Empty as fuck open world ruins all the challenge. Motherbase is full of fucking nothing, and we never got all the customization options we were promised. Peace Walker's MB felt way more alive and homy in comparison, and it was mostly a fucking menu.

Trash bosses. No real weapons. Kiefer is wasted on a not-Snake who says fucking nothing. Obligatory MP shit integrated into the gameplay.

The game starts strong, but falls flat on its face the longer you play. Ironically, Ground Zeroes ended up being way better game, and a MGS-game.
>>
>>381434783
what was the cut content? what did they promise for motherbase?
>>
>>381434213
It's a really great game. The gameplay and level design are increible. It's a fun game. The story it's mysterious and makes you want to know more. The cutscenes makes you cum super fast. It's a really long game, and even if you finish it, there are a lot of things to unlock.

The only bad thing it's that you want to know more about the story and what's happening, but the game has too many missions that are not story related.

If you can just calm down and play the missions just for the fun of it and be pacient to progress on the story, you can enjoy a long, fun and really interesting game and story.

Also, for me, it has beautiful graphics, and has an increidble optimization.
>>
>>381434856
don't listen to him, he's referring to a cutscene mission that got cut early on
>>
>>381434213
>Superb AI
maybe
except why would you approach from anywhere except the shortest route
>each area felt unique
unless you played any ubisoft games from 2006 onward
empty space with nothing unique to do or see
except mb dont have any roll to the overall game. ITs just empty lifeless empty space you run around doing nothing
building shit have arbitrary wait time

I will just add a few
>Ocelot
>unfinished story
>the "boss" fights
>boring missions
>fultoning people
>skullface
>jeep ride
>no climax
>game ends halfway and then it tricks you into replaying missions again
>>
Amazing game with a half finished story, really all there is to it
>>
>>381435052
>except mb dont have any roll to the overall game.

The entire endgame revolves around FOB, kid and the idea of there being a bunch of small PFs popping up everywhere is a plot point
>>
>>381434856
>what was the cut content?
Entire Chapter 3. No, not the "peace" shit, which can be acquired if ALL players dismantle their nukes, but the actually planned, long developed episode, "Lord Of Flies", which would've concluded the story, and had a third gameplay area, with epic bossfight.

The encounter with Skullface was dumped down and moved away from its original setting. Which is why it feels so detached from everything, and has those silly pauses of nothing.

You were supposed to be able to meet all your cast members and see everything you've looted on MB, and be able to customize it as you please. Now you just get pre-determined cells that are build up for you, different sections miles away from each other for no reason.

And don't get me started with the implications of the Spider Tank and such, which you never truly get to see in use. Or some more minor things, like bases requesting armored vehicles / back up teams / helicopters to hunt you down if you go all Rambo on them enough.

>>381434986
And here comes the apologists.
No, true Chapter 3 was NOT just a cutscene, but you can ONLY watch its cutscenes now on Youtube.
>>
>>381434213
Basically, gameplay is godlike, but everything else just show 'potential'
>>
>>381435297
it was a single mission that got cut early on my man get over it. This happens to plenty of games.
>>
>>381434213
Too bad the jungle is two patches and the rest is Savannah

>each area felt unique
This is blatant lying, what are you doing?
>>
>>381434213
I gave it a 7/10

It's a good game. Just so... bland and soulless.
>>
File: 143101239747704.gif (1MB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
143101239747704.gif
1MB, 198x200px
>>381434213
>fallout new vegas sequel using a clone of mgs5 gameplay when
>>
I have this because I got it for free with a graphics card yonks ago. Any good?

Also, is there any kind of..persistent multiplayer shenanigans? Feels like it might be nice for an MGS
>>
File: MGS5 Ocelot Chilling in MB.webm (845KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGS5 Ocelot Chilling in MB.webm
845KB, 1920x1080px
>>381435394
>it was a single mission that got cut early on my man get over it.
No, it was not "just a single mission". It was an entire chapter, an entire map, and entire conclusion to the plot and the cast, all which would've lead to way better conclusion and "closing the circle" the game was aiming for and advertized to do.

And good job ignoring all the other statements and evidence.
>>
>>381434213
Was fun the rest 10-12 hours.
Until you realise that you are doing the same bases, same checkpoints, same rescue missions, same assassination mission over and over again.
>>
Great gameplay but also the greatest dissapointment of all time in videogame history.
>>
>>381435153
>The entire endgame revolves around FOB, kid and the idea of there being a bunch of small PFs popping up everywhere is a plot point

is this exciting to you? you played game for these?
>>
>>381435052
>except why would you approach from anywhere except the shortest route
I think that the important part it's that you can play the mission in a lot of different ways. Day and night makes a real difference. Using Quiet, the Dog or the walker makes a difference. The weapons you choose for the missions makes a difference. Everything chance the mission and the way you play them.

>each area felt unique
>unless you played any ubisoft games from 2006 onward
Well, the game need more areas, that's true. But it's not a real problem.

>empty space with nothing unique to do or see
Thinking that you have to play the game like an open world game it's a problem, because it's true that the open world it's terribly boring. The best thing it's just to teleport to the missions with the chopper.

>building shit have arbitrary wait time
It's not the best thing ever but it adds to the game in a good way.
>>
>>381435567
keep whining

>>381435582
Dude you have a huge layout to mess around with
>>
>>381435523
It's a fucking lackluster, unfinished husk of a potentially good game, which we will never get to play in its full glory and all the content intact. If you're an MGS fan, this game will only leave you a phantom pain of your own.

And yes, there's MP modes, but no co-op. The MGO3 is just shit, and base-raiding gets very old very fast.
>>
>>381435671
>keep whining
Keep dodging the arguments.

>Dude you have a huge layout to mess around with
huge sandbox full of fucking nothing. It's a prime example of generic, empty openworld trash.

The game has good character controls, but the overall gameplay is fucking awful slog.
>>
>>381435761
what arguments. Something got cut, would it have been better? who knows???

Seriously time to move on

>huge sandbox full of fucking nothing.
it's littered with shit to grind and the entire thing pits you up against everyone else who plays it through online fob.
>>
>>381434213
>Superb AI
>each area felt unique
This has to be bait, right? Only point I can agree with is that you can usually tackle a mission from various directions. Too bad it doesn't change anything really. GZ did that better too, you had basically 3 paths to the main base and each one was very different.
>>
>>381435660
not an argument. And FOB is terrific
>>
>>381435685

I haven't really given a shit about MGS since 2. I guess peace walker was fun.

In the multiplayer, is anything persistent?
>>
>>381435898
>Something got cut, would it have been better? who knows???
No, something that was being worked on, almost finished, was not implemented, because Jewnami wanted to push the release date once again. Same thing with GZ being released as a standalone ""demo"" instead of being the game's prologue chapter.

It does not take an einstein to realize that the ""cut"" content would've made the game WHOLE. An actual experience with strong beginning and the end, with many of the implied elements and plot-devices being actually developed and utilized to the end. A small example: the mention of Venom's tendency to see colors wrong under heavy stress and trauma.

And lets not forget the entirely absent "return to the Camp Omega" which even Konami was advertizing a lot.

>it's littered with shit to grind
And you think GRINDING is a good thing now? Hoo boy.

>and the entire thing pits you up against everyone else who plays it through online fob.
Has literally nothing to do with the singleplayer, and the integrated MP elements are easily some of the laziest attempts to make more cash out of gulliple fucks like you.

tl;dr: kys x2

>>381435975
No, it's awful. And again, unfinished idea.
>>
desu the best thing about it is that it has pretty much perfected stealth 3rd person games, and the combat should be lifted like how everyone copied gears of war. thank you based kojima
>>
File: 1417187455051.png (396KB, 596x697px) Image search: [Google]
1417187455051.png
396KB, 596x697px
>>381434213
>Superb AI
>>
>>381435662
>I think that the important part it's that you can play the mission in a lot of different ways. Day and night makes a real difference. Using Quiet, the Dog or the walker makes a difference. The weapons you choose for the missions makes a difference. Everything chance the mission and the way you play them.

except game dont make you choose. Game is hoping you are going to be autistic no lifer with self imposed challenges. You dont need anything except the dog and tranq gun

>Thinking that you have to play the game like an open world game it's a problem, because it's true that the open world it's terribly boring. The best thing it's just to teleport to the missions with the chopper.

you make my point. But that dont make it any less boring

>It's not the best thing ever but it adds to the game in a good way.

waiting is never good. its called padding and it adds nothing except artificially stops you from progressing
>>
>>381436258
keep crying lol. Still a fantastic game
>>
>>381434213
Goty hands down tbqhwy
>>
>>381434213
Have you played any other Metal Gear games?
>>
>>381436594
No, it's an empty shell of potentially fantastic game, which we never got. Ironically it also killed the series.
>>
>>381436581
>You dont need anything except the dog and tranq gun

but that doesn't mean it's the objectively strongest combination. Cant take out lights, for example
>>
>>381436416
It's literally SC Blacklist with worse cover system and shit """"level"""" design.
>>
>>381436734
>muh empty shell because some of the plot threads are untied!!!

pls
>>
The biggest problem is the lack of depth to the plot that every other MGS game has.

>Skullface wants to destroy the English language
>Wolbachia
>You catch him
>He gets killed
>The story ends

Every other MGS game has the premise that not everything is at its seem. MGS 1 starts as a terrorist hostage situation infilitration and ends up in a shadow government conspiracy plot about testing a new biological weapon. MGS 2 ends up being one big simulation meme and MGS 3 transitions from a 'infiltrate and rescue/destroy' mission to a geopolitical power battle.

Compare this to MGS 5, where literally everything is as it seems. The clone 'twist' at the end of the game was completely irrelevant. The game leaves you feeling empty, as up until the credits role you are waiting for something to happen.

>Hideo 'Betray your audience' Kojima
>>
>>381436724
it's more enjoyable than mgs4 at least.
>>
>>381436908
>You catch him
>He gets killed
>The story ends
no, there's a part 2 after that. although it's unfinished, more happens.
>>
>>381436818
Doesn't matter when you can carry silenced sniper rifles and other op stuff from early on.
>>
>>381436941
I mean, the story is the worst out of other MGS games. The gameplay is the best. I mean, should've done something with the map, because these fucking desert and jungle are just boring
>>
>>381437037
sure it matters. It's harder to stealth with lights everywhere and you need to take time to not hit any amor the enemy may be wearing if you can penetrate it at all. You could go in with an infinite sup. burkov, shoot out lights to remain in shadows and sneak around faster than if you were picking around with a rifle like some idiot. Also FOB, where penetration capability matters.
>>
>>381436908
the depth's there, you just didn't get it.
>>
>>381436581
>except game dont make you choose. Game is hoping you are going to be autistic no lifer with self imposed challenges. You dont need anything except the dog and tranq gun
I'm not saying that you should put challenge to yourself. I never do that. I'm talking about how good the game is designed. You say you just use the dog. I use quiet, and sometimes the walker because I like them more. The tranq gun it's a must have, but if they discover you you will need other things and that really depends on you.

>waiting is never good. its called padding and it adds nothing except artificially stops you from progressing
It's good because it adds to the feeling of progression of the game. Just imagine the game without it. Yes, maybe the waiting time should have been different and overall it could have been better. But personally I don't hate it, I like it.
>>
>>381434213
>mgsv is good
>game exists
>fallout new vegas xDD
you have to have the shittest taste in games i've ever seen in my LIFE. you are not part of the Todd club and never will be part of the Todd club.
>>
>>381434213
The game is as fun as you make it honestly. I never bought it but I played my friend's copy. I found the missions repetitive, but fun. I think it's worth a buy at 20-30 if you don't care about the story.

I had a lot of fun just trying missions in different ways and being stupid.

My only complaint is that the game will reward you for being stealthy, so naturally I only upgraded stuff that would improve my stealth options, but then you'd get a mission that totally relies on rpgs and explosives and if you're an idiot like me, you'll only have the most basic rpg.
Again this is a tiny little thing that bothered me. It was still fun though.

Also the game becomes much more appealing if you just spam the 80's music you can get in game.
>>
Filled a void while creating an even darker one in its place
>>
>>381436896
>literally, no joke, missing 1/3 of the entire game and the story
>lol not big deal :^)
no wonder generic casual trash still sells so well.
>>
>>381438103
>a single mission is 1/3 of the game

try again kid :)
>>
>>381438103
also ironic that you're complaining about casuals and wanting more casual cinematic "gameplay" in the same breath
>>
>>381437475
You too
>>
>>381438220
No idea how one can even breath with such active ignoring of all the given examples and evidence around him.

>>381438286
If you're referring to old MGS games, their gameplay are faaar from casual or "cinematic". Heck, one of the increasingly more common criticism I've seen towards MGS1-4 is that they're "too gamey".
>>
>>381436884
>SC Blacklist
Shit game and dead franchise, not even worthy of a UFO catcher spin off, T.B.H.
>>
>>381438286
Where was that mentioned?
Also, considering how repetitive the game is, an actual battle amongst other soldiers in a jungle + metal gear rampaging around sounds like a lot better way to end the game than
>tanks
>more tanks
>even more tanks
>>
>>381434213
>Superb AI
Where? Having enemies see you from farther away isn't good ai, this could've been done in any of the games in the series. The only reason it's done here is because the devs expected the player to be able to slow down time and head shot an enemy whenever they get seen. If you play without this feature the game slows down to a literal crawl.
That boils down to which direction I'm I going to start tranqing all these guards from.
>each area felt unique
All two of them. Actually this isn't true, Africa and Middle east feel very similar to each other.
There is barely any jungle and middle east sucks.
It was far better than Peace Walker, I'll give you that
It's not really that fun

MGSV is a great game for Far Cry fans.
>>
>>381434986
This. The cut content meme was spread by ecelebs who posted videos of them just shouting the word 'story' for 45 minutes and were butt hurt about 'muh Big Boss become a demon'. Venom's role in the Metal Gear universe is infinitely more interesting than Revenge of the Sith:Shooting child soldiers edition.
>>
>>381438713
nah.
>>
>>381438713
>If you play without this feature the game slows down to a literal crawl.
Suck less.
>>
>>381438431
What evidence? Have you read the mission ID lists, the Lua files, the story logic, the interviews with Kenji Yano and Hitori Nojima? KOTF was cut early on, it wasn't intended to be part of TPP, but a large, stand alone mission like Ground Zeroes, not a third chapter or a third map on the scale of Afghanistan or Africa. There's no evidence for any cut story content outside of Ep 51, and what was cut from the game they decided to add as a feature on a bonus Blu ray disc.
>>
10/10 game if you don't count the story. Considering how important the story is to the franchise, it was an overall disappointment
>>
>>381434659
I'm not sure if it was scripted or luck but when this happened I really only lost my potato-tier soldiers which were replaced with infinitely better ones a few missions later
>>
>Game forces you to replay missions to progress

The gameplay was solid but the story and mission pacing was retarded. It felt like they ran out of time making this game.
>>
>>381439693
The story was good you just didn't understand it
>>
>>381439351
This, he obviously hasn't played those challenge missions
>>
It has the best stealth mechanics in the franchise but that's ruined by the open world shit, since you only have a bunch of small outposts and a few "big" areas.
>>
>>381439728
i think the mission aspect in general is its weakest point. is it so hard to create an open world game without stuffing it with a million missions? the whole thing felt cheap.
>>
>>381434213
Honestly, one of the worst stealth games I've played in a while. Very strange mechanics and controls. Everything is very stiff and clunky. The story is abysmal weeb shit and Kojima's episodic shit is beyond retarded. Shit engine with a 60 fps cap, a very poor port in general.

I don't know what people see in this shit. Waste of $8.
>>
I don't get why konami doesn't just remake games with the engine of mgsv. It will cost little and make them millions.
>>
>>381434213
ITS REALLY FUCKING LONG
>>
>>381436416
>phantom pain
>perfected stealth

/v/ officially has shit taste
>>
>>381440589
Perhaps, he's right tho.
>>
>>381439745
>2deep4u

The story is barely existant. You can argue that the themes are good they aren't, but the story is garbage by the standard set by every other entry in the series.

About a third of the missions are story relevant in the game, and even then only a fraction of them actually serve to move the story ahead. In terms of pacing, suspense and keeping the audience guessing, the game falls flat.

Most of the game plays like this
>Mission intro tape giving you insight into Soviet-Afghani/African conflict
>You arrive at mission start point
>Travel to Point A
>Destroy equipment/Extract soldier
>End mission
>Missing debriefing tape where some of the time you may get information as to why this relates to Skullface

Being incredibly generous the missions that move the plot forward are 0, 1, 6, 11, 12, 13, 16, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 43, 45, '''46'''

Even if you include the Volgin and Huey side ops, less than half the time you spend playing the game actually moves the story forward, and each time the plot moves forward it is done so by baby steps that force you to grind through another mission before anything meaningful happens.
>>
>>381441150
good thing it's a video game and not a movie, but keep crying over your headcanon i guess
>>
I really enjoyed the tapes but honestly some of them should've been cutscenes.
>>
>>381434213
I wish it had more missions designed like ground zeroes I didn't like open world
>>
>>381434986
Not him but they released a MB video months before release that showed characters walking around, animals roaming freely, and other aspects to MB. The people who think the story was gonna be dramatically changed by Chapter 3 are retarded, but it's obvious gameplay was cut out up until release.
>>
File: 1345802981993.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1345802981993.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>no mexican stand-off between ocelot and skullface
>no snow maps
>no enemy guard dogs
>silencer breaks after firing 3-4 shots
Other than that, pretty good.
>>
>>381434213
Overall a great game with a lot of replay value. It's got its flaws, and the story is the usual metal gear nonsense, but it's great. Ton of fun just trying missions in different ways and playing around with all the wacky weapons.

>>381434659
Yeah. It's great.

>>381437236
>It's harder to stealth with lights everywhere and you need to take time to not hit any amor the enemy may be wearing if you can penetrate it at all. You could go in with an infinite sup. burkov, shoot out lights to remain in shadows and sneak around faster than if you were picking around with a rifle like some idiot.
Or you can go in like me, on D-Walker with the minigun blazing, and armed with an auto-GL, killer bee, and that little grenade-shooting pistol, and turn the entire enemy base into a giant fireball.

Which kinda illustrates the beauty of the game, to my mind.
>>
>>381441498
>I really enjoyed the tapes but honestly some of them should've been cutscenes.
Yeah, this. Especially the one where code talker is just rambling about cheeseburgers for an hour and a half. That should have been the main story, actually.
>>
File: outrage.jpg (96KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outrage.jpg
96KB, 900x1200px
>>381434213
>fallout new vegas sequel using a clone of mgs5 gameplay when

>mfw ANOTHER WPRG is taken from me
>>
>>381435297
stop posting that fake retard
>>
>>381434213
bait
thread
MODS
>>
>>381444024
Got any evidence of it being fake?
>>
>>381434783
Fuck off shill
>>>/r/thedonald
>>
>>381444264
does your uncle work at konami?

it's as fake as the 'there are 5 chapters' posts from august 2015
>>
>>381444264
the power plant bullshit is entirely inconsistent with the actual game map, and in-game assets
the fakeleak poster was acting under the impression Fox Engine only took 2-3 years to make, like most of you gullible fucks
https://youtu.be/VqCneCdZS7Y?t=20m25s

you just fell for an idiot whispering you what you wanted to hear, and even now you're actively drooling for a rehashed bossfight, when the game has so many gaping plotholes

but i bet you still won't believe me, and we actually have to wait until disarmament for this stupid fake to stop getting posted
>>
>>381444943
>the power plant bullshit is entirely inconsistent with the actual game map, and in-game assets
Tons of the final version material is far from their original intended form. In this case, all the underground material could just as well been merely cut out.

Game engines don't take years to develop, unless you hit some serious development hell issues and/or keep expanding them endlessly after the core mechanisms are implemented.
What does take time is testing things out, creating content for the game that uses the engine, and so on.

I don't get why you are so against all this though. The game clearly had tons of content cut out and unfinished, resulting a long mess full of copy-pasted elements, including missions. The disarmament won't change a thing, it'll only be like those secret achievements in many other games.
>>
>>381441328
he didn't say anything about the plot other than he didn't like, only faults with the gameplay and pacing which you're willfully ignoring just to be contrarian
>>
>>381435394
>it was a single mission that got cut

It was the final boss mission. Imagine if you beat MGS1 and they cut out the fistfight on metal gear.
>>
>>381446101
You're speaking in general terms and I'm breaking down the details.

I'm against spreading this guy's posts because it's complete misinformation.
Also, disarmament is very much a unique concept. It's also broken, messy, and only really looks good on paper.
>>
>>381434213
>On sale so just bought this?
Are you asking me a question?
>>
>>381434213
If I already own GZ and don't care about costumes/MGO is there any reason to pay extra for the definitive edition?
>>
>>381447283
no
>>
Best way I can describe it is an experience unlike any game I've played and the best stealth gameplay I've ever played . Not saying it's good but definitely left a mark.
>>
Took me 50 hours to enjoy the game, when I said "fuck that shit" and stopped fultoning things and deactivated markers, indicators, reflex and so on. It became a decent stealth game then. Enjoyed doing a no traces play through under these circumstances.

The game wants you to play in a way that it's very unappealing. I would have scrapped the mother base stuff but that's the main source of shekel income for Konami
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.