[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ defend exclusives? This is a sincere question. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 657x527px
Why does /v/ defend exclusives? This is a sincere question. Is it an attitude you develop after years of console gaming to keep the machine you spent money on the most relevant? Is there some argument against releasing your games for more than one platform other than the money and time to create a port?

I've played on PC since I upgraded from a PS2, I it's always had a much much bigger library of games than any console. Is it maybe just trying to overvalue the games you can play?
>>
>>381431662
Why do you want Nintendo to port Mario Odyssey to PS4 and PC? It's Nintendo's game
>>
>>381431662

They're the only reason to own a console
>>
>>381432430
stop projecting, nitenchild
no one wants your dumb mario game
>>
>>381432430
Because why not? That's my point anon, do you have a solid reason why it shouldn't be done other than a bunch of screeching and fanboyism?
>>
>>381432460
Other than PC being annoying to get into for the average shitter, this.
>>
File: 1494581971714.jpg (5KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494581971714.jpg
5KB, 240x250px
>>381431662
I love playing on PC but PC is only good for online and competitive games. Games like Bloodborne or Demons are way better on console because they have a better community and the games will not get datamined which leaves secret and mystery up for you.
>>
Nobody defends exclusives
>>
>>381432460
to have a cheap hassle free way of enjoying video games?
>>
>>381432563
Why should someone port their game to systems that aren't theirs? Are you a commie? Do you hate competition?
>>
>>381432642
but they did get datamined, and why not just not look up spoilers if youre so worried?
>>
>>381432642
How is playing Dark Souls on PC any different than a console if I can connect and access the same features?
>>
>>381432689
I hate a game having limited player bases because they didn't buy the right machine. I still haven't heard a good reason against getting rid of exclusives
>>
>>381432729
I dont agree with him but you didnt address any of his points.
>>
>>381432689
Why do you see that game as something to be hoarded and protected on one console?
>>
>>381432786

If you remove exclusives you remove consoles. Just say that we should all be playing on pc alone and everyone will agree.
>>
>>381432792
I don't think I can have an objective argument about one community vs another, but I can just play a game without reading out it and get the same experience so I'm not sure what points he had, anon.
>>
>>381432914
Is that necessarily true? There's several companies making blu-Ray players.
>>
>>381432930
Yeah, I agree with that.
>>
>>381432786
>>381432843
>>381432914
The best games of all time have all been exclusives. Nintendo makes these games to convince you to buy their consoles so they HAVE to put in the most effort possible. Why should they port their games to PS4 and PC?
It's more profitable to make mobile games than to give your games away to the competition
>>
>>381432713
BB still is not datamined nobody found the third 3 Guidance rune there is still lots of secrets

>>381432729
The difference is the community here. Like look at how amazing the threads for Nioh or Let it Die were everybody helped each other and we all shared tips and secret. This stuff does not happen on PC or PC games in general.
>>
>>381433163
What PC games do you play?
From my experiences the communities are usually better and less casualized.
>>
>>381433117
I suppose you've got a point, but it's not nintendos fault you need a good joystick setup to get the most out of Freespace 2, Wing Commander and Mechwarrior 3

Try and use examples that aren't completely subjective taste. If you're going to go 'it's objective taste that _____ is the best' then you're not ready for a discussion like this.
>>
>>381432684
>Hassle-free
Consoles are nothing but gimped laptops that also need constant updating.
>cheap
PC gaming requires a larger up front investment but is way cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>381433163
Anon I couldn't disagree more, there are phenomenal PC communities just like I'm sure there's good communities around console games. start making real points about the topic, not thinly veiled bitching
>>
File: 1498025759495.jpg (245KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498025759495.jpg
245KB, 786x800px
>>381431662
Take high school economics, friend. Monopolies are bad. You need something proprietary to make your product stand out among the rest. Without exclusives video games would be stagnant, if not completely dead.
>>
>>381433280
>From my experiences the communities are usually better and less casualized.
This. Playing Battlefield on PC instead of console is a big difference already and most of the time people actually make an effort to work together in their respective squads.
>>
>>381433461
Monopoly from what? Without exclusives, who loses? Games developers or console manufacturers? Who do you as a consumer deal with the most?
>>
>>381433001

But consoles would cease to exist as they are. also that equivalence is not that useful, consoles are way more complex products than media players. They have online communities, the technology in them takes its time to evolve, etc.

without solid, stable console installbase, machines would get obsolete even quicker than pcs, and a not-so-old one would become useless to run new games relatively fast because devs would not have to compromise with a few consoles in the market.

I know its way too much to conjeture, but it def wouldnt be a buttery-smooth-change-everybody gets-to-play-every-game.
>>
>>381433461
>>381433584
Consoles don't sell because of exclusives. Consoles sell so Chad can play CoD and GTA with his dudebro friends.
Whichever company has the stronger marketing wins. In this case it was Sony.
>>
>>381433805
>Consoles don't sell because of exclusives.
Yes they fucking do you moron. Splatoon 2 is a fucking system seller. Why should Nintendo give that away????????
>>
>>381433805

Consoles SHOULD sell because of exclusives. If the industry keeps allowing marketing to become more important than the games, mediocrity will keep ensuing.
>>
>>381433584
Exclusives will keep existing. Not tied to a brand but to a hardware that keeps with the times. Its not great either.
>>
>>381433280
every popular PC multiplayer game and the community is always 100% pure shit
>>381433446
If you disagree that PC ability to datamine every game is fucking cancer you're retarded. This is why WoW is dead.
>>
>>381433884
Well the XBone and Pisstation don't. How would you explain PS4's success then? They only sold more because they didn't completely fuck up like MIcrosoft did, not because of its many and varied exclusive releases.
Nintendo are alone in this.

>>381434049
Agreed.
>>
>>381434206
The majority of gaming communities in general are shit on any console or PC.
>>
>>381431662
It's the same backwards ass logic that retards use to defend capitalism

>>bb-but it give X a reason to exist!
>But it would be better if Y.
>b-b-buh....STFU!!!
>>
>>381434215
>Well the XBone and Pisstation don't. How would you explain PS4's success then?
PS4 is successful because of competitive pricing. Multiplats do sell the most on playstation but exclusives also sell millions of copies.

I still don't see why you guys think Nintendo should give the PS4 Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey
>>
>>381434193
Does Nvidia try to exclusive any games for its hardware? It has a pretty big market share and could probably cripple amd heavily if they made a popular game exclusive
>>
>>381434206
I'm saying data mining is something you choose to have ruin your experience
>>
>>381431662
consolefaggots will defend anything
>>
>>381434570
No idea. They tried some stuff with plugins for hair rendering i think, but i dont know how far would they get with that.
>>
Why is it always PCfags who bitch about exclusives?

Is it really hard to see why companies would ONLY make games for hardware that they manufacture?
>>
>>381432642

Pc is also better at running games in the first place and it's usually the best choice for Multiplats.

Also 99% of FPS either play better on MKB or are impossible to play well without it. Imagine Serious Sam TSE on Serious with a controller.
>>
>>381434206
but they datamine console games too? how do you think people got hayabusa armor in halo 3?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.