[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get another sandbox MMO with pretty aesthethic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Cover_Ragnarok.jpg (91KB, 826x658px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_Ragnarok.jpg
91KB, 826x658px
Will we ever get another sandbox MMO with pretty aesthethic and unique class gameplay?
>>
>>381428828
Tree of Savior was supposed to be that but instead it got ruined by Jews and retarded Community Managers who refuse to fix the botting problem no matter how many of them get reported.
>>
>>381428828
I wish I could play on iRO.

Fuck the new euRO.
It's got basically the same problems as >>381428898
>>
>>381428898
Don't forget the plethora of Necro AFK farmers who make 200k / hr literally doing nothing and who cause massive inflation by occasionally dumping hundreds of millions into the market.

Oh, but this is totally legit and fair since they aren't using third party programs. Of course. Buy your token and gacha boxes to catch up, goyim!
>>
Never mobile mmos are a thing and pc/console mmo anything that isn't FF14 or WOW dies from the lack of income
>>
>>381429674
>mobile mmos are a thing
>>
>>381429781
>>381429674
Which ones, I meant to ask.
>>
EvE but /v/is too full of little memesters for any real discussion about the game
>>
>>381429781
>the only mobile games I know is candy crash and that game with an icon of angry guy shouting
Most "rpg" mobile games are already condensed shitty versions of mmo from daily dungeons to guilds battling instanced bosses
>>
>>381430754
I know that there's a Ragnarok MMO for mobile, but it's the only mobile mmo I heard of. Is it even good?
>>
>>381431251
It's KR only right now but I've heard it goes back to the original formula just a little simpler to meet phone expectations. That said, it doesn't capture your heart like the original game did because you're not a child anymore.
>>
>>381431347
Is it the Ragnarok: Path of heroes? It's on play store right now
>>
>>381428828
China created a remake of classic RO in full 3D, I think it is in open beta right now.
Mobile only
>>
>>381429181
how do you do that?
>>
>>381431438
No, that is old as fuck. There is s new, full 3D one named RO Mobile. It also have silly new features like hand-holding.
>>
>>381428828
>sandbox
>>
>>381431463

Played it. It's shit.
>>
>>381433257
share the experience nigga.
>>
>>381433257
>>381433959
bump, yeah why is it shit?
>>
>>381428989
iRO was only ever good when it was P2P with no cash shop items.
I'd much rather pay monthly than have to look at gifs all over my damn screen. Then again, I guess it was slowly dying, they didn't really have a choice but to open it to all the BRs.
>>
>>381428828
First off it wasn't a sandbox.
Secondly not even single player games allow you to have as much freedom when building your character, so no.
Lastly players nowadays are addicted to handholding so they wouldn't be able to deal with a class that required wits like a crafting blacksmith or a battle priest.

While Ragnarok had it's problems it was still better than the stupidity that we have now.
>>
>>381437024
I agree. This also brought its eventual demise though. Players preferred handholding and RO throws you out there with not too many explanations on what to do other than how to choose a primary class. I remember using guides a lot to build a good character.
>>
>>381437696
Which was part of the fun, much like having to learn which item dropped from which monster and which monsters were in every map.

Not even single player games were that good as prime Ragnarok.
>>
>>381437696
It didn't bring its eventual demise, it's a 15 year old MMO, these tend to die over time. Renewal if anything brough its demise.

Sandbox-like MMOs like Runescape/RO are extinct.
>>
>>381428898
More like it got ruined by the absolutely shittastic engine making it impossible to have a good gameplay experience no matter how powerful your PC is and everything relevant being on a daily lockout.
Botting and RMT are stuff you can never really "fix" and they honestly don't matter much in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>381438275
I have completely repressed renewal... What a shitfest...
>>
>>381428828
>pretty aesthethic and unique class
Tree of savior, No answer for everything else.
>>
>>381438404
I never played it. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>381428828
Why does everyone hate the renewal system? I think it looks fairly fair, the old system had a lot of abusive tactics that turned certain classes into unstoppable monsters, like the High Wizard with instant cast.
>>
http://leika-ro.net/
>>
>>381440203
>online: 69
Dead server.
>>
>>381440635
quality > quantity
>>
Ragnarok Online Battlefuck is a quality experience
>>
I think NovaRO is the only server that is not dead as of now.
>>
>>381441090
Dead is dead.
MMOs live through their userbase and this server has none to speak of.
>>
>>381441286
spoken like true casull
>>
>>381441476
You're not even making any sense right now.

You're calling me a casual yet you're satisfied playing on a Ragnarok server with 69 players where you can just steamroll every castle during war of emperium and just claim everything for yourself since there's no real opposition to speak of.

Just a bunch of people who know each other and jerk each other off in their private gameworld.

Where's the fun in that?
>>
File: 1498054670264.png (21KB, 261x209px) Image search: [Google]
1498054670264.png
21KB, 261x209px
>you will never go on a expedition to kill that MVP with your guild bros

Holy shit.

I tried playing Final Fantasy XIV but what a piece of shit game that was.

Everything was locked by level and behind instances. And all these instances are completely un-fun, specially since you have to bring precisely the party the game wants you to bring.

In Ragnarok Online, if you wanted to bring 10 healers to the dungeon because FUCK YOU, you could, that was your problem. Also, you could have a badass healer that could hit hard too because classes were varied.

In FFXIV you HAVE to bring 1 tank, 2 DPS and 1 healer, because fuck fun, that's the game's rules, and all tanks play the same, all the DPS's play the same and all the healers play the same.

SHIT.
>>
>>381428828
>RO spam thread everyday with the same picture
Are you trying to shill your shitty server or something?
>>
>>381441796
Leika is not your average renewal server. It is made to cater to hardcore players. You can't steamroll everything because the mechanic has been balanced.
>>
>>381440203
>renewal
>69 players
kill yourself shill
>>
File: 1449788896619.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449788896619.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>381442049
>leika
>hardcore players
>renewal
>every single class still has their half a million damage aoe attacks
>>
>>381441884
Novashill is at it again, I see.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.