[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are they trying to push these platforms? i mean ea and ubi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: ubior.jpg (25KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
ubior.jpg
25KB, 600x270px
why are they trying to push these platforms?
i mean ea and ubi games are at steam anyway
>>
Have you tried playing new ubi games on steam? Shit launches uplay.
>>
>>381422592
whoa, what are these?
>>
>>381422592
every ubi game on steam has required uplay since ass creed 2 and ea hasn't sold anything on steam since sims 3.
>>
>>381422592
UBI and EA games are shit anyways.
>>
They see how much Steam is making. They want a piece of the pie.
>>
I swear they fucked some of their games by doing this too.
Like PVZ GW2
Fucking retards
>>
>>381422592
It's like consoles but digital: each company has exclusives that want to keep only for their console/client.
>>
File: 1497473771403.jpg (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497473771403.jpg
7KB, 256x256px
>>381422646
i noticed that rocksmith 2014 doesn't require uplay now
at launch you needed to
>open steam and run rocksmith
>instead opens uplay
>clicking play opens rocksmith site
>site checks if uplay is open and runs the exe through chrome
i dont have any other ubisoft games because of that

i still don't understand why ea uses origin
i have 3 games there but i hope they don't think they can compete with steam, they aren't that stupid right?
>>
Origin is a miles better platform than steam
Shame there's no games
>>
>>381422592
Steam makes "teh phat lootz" and you can't just do something crazy like release a stand alone game, need social features!
>>
>>381422810
this.

>>381422646
the second this happened i was done. i don't buy games from either company.
>>
>>381422747
every need for speed is on steam
>>
>>381422904
Why would anyone make a picture like this and not make it a spinning gif``
>>
>>381422997
Because underage faggots who enjoy memes don't have the skills required to do so.
>>
>>381422862
>Like PVZ GW2
This one makes me really mad
GW1 got fucked over by it too, and the lack of marketing

What really killed GW2 is that shitty launch balance that took them over a month to fix

I still have nightmares about fighting an entire team of roses back to back to back. It sucks because at least the devs try to add free content but I just have a bad taste in my mouth because of all the launch balance issues, plus half the time I tried to play it it was dead.
>>
>>381422997
i dont know, i got it from facebook
>>
>it's okay when blizzard does it
>>
EA actually had the best download service before they turned it into origin. it used be just a simple downloader that would download the game, install it, did a one time activation, and that was it. no account, no client, just video games. direct2drive did the same deal too. those were the days.
>>
>>381423250
GOG's like that
>>
>>381423078
I usually switch to EU by mid day and have no issues finding games but yeah.
The lack of marketing was also just something. It's a fun time waster that made for a fun game, yet EA fucked it so badly, I hope if they ever make a GW3 they don't do the same otherwise the game will become another "Literal who".
>>
>>381422991
Not true.
>>
>>381422592
Having better customer support
>>
>>381423165
Does what?
>>
Valve can't be trusted with an absolute monopoly
>>
>>381423165
blizzards games were never available on steam though. they were always stand alone but now they just consolidated all their games into a launcher. i still get you though. it's just not as bad as steam - ass creed - uplay - ass creed.
>>
origin is actually way better than steam
steam is literally pay 60 dollars to demo the game
>>
>>381422592
Having a monopoly is why Valve is fucked up these days
>>
>>381422592
>why are they trying to push these platforms?
It makes more money for them.

EA and Ubisoft get 100% of the profits from their games sold on their platform. Since people are required to sign up and required to log in to Origin/Uplay in order to play any of their games, customers are forced into their service and they can try to tempt people into using it without Steam to play games. That's part of why they enjoy giving away old games which nobody plays anymore: if you have five EA games through Origin which aren't in your Steam library, and if you need to use Origin anyways, then the hopes are that you just log into Origin and buy stuff there instead of Steam.
>>
File: 1474408408031.jpg (19KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1474408408031.jpg
19KB, 309x323px
>>381422592
It was okay when Valve did it though. I mean come on, le based gaben and shit
>>
>>381423956
>It makes more money for them.

I haven´t bought a single game for PC that involves Uplay or Origin

A shit ton of people do the same because fuck having 10 launchers

How does this make them more money?
>>
>>381424270
Yeah man Battlefield and Battlefront barely sold any copies because of your boycott
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>381424421
>I haven´t bought a single game for PC
>PC

If i wan´t to play a multiplayer game i do so on my PS4 and if it´s a singleplayer well then it´s free for me
>>
Hate to say it but after all this years, Origin is the best client.
It's less bloated than Steam and works more reliable compared to that stupid Uplay shit.

but it has no games worth shit because EA games are husks made out of jewish necromancy.
>>
>>381424664
Sorry I didn't realize you were retarded enough to play terrible shooters on a console
>>
>>381424270
Because for every person which boycotts them, there are twenty others who go and buy the next Call of Duty anyways and ended up with Origins on their computer. And between that and the a free Sims 1 offer or whatever through Origin, they can convince people that there is no sense in logging into Steam+Origin when they can just log into Origin and buy games straight from Origin when it comes to EA titles.
>>
>>381424775
implying
>>
>>381422592
The only time I log into an origin account is to claim the free game they give away every so often. I will never plan on playing them, but hey, they're free.
>>
>>381422592
Admittedly, I use Origin just so I could get some free games,
>>
>>381424952
>>381424951
I never used Origin, what kind of free games are these? Some shitty 15 year old shovelware?
>>
>>381424951
>>381424952
jewmind
>>
>>381425040
dead space.

just the first one.
>>
>>381425040
mostly old games. I think a Medal of Honor game is free right now.
>>
>>381422592
I don't know, but Steam is absolute, utter, complete fucking garbage.
>>
>>381423859
You can still get blizz games without the launcher and log in through the game
>>
Origin is fine these days. Uplay is still cancer
>>
>>381422592
>why are they trying to push these platforms?
Money.
They want all of it.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.