[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Nintendo switch is a powerful console, why most of third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1431624387239.jpg (22KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1431624387239.jpg
22KB, 362x358px
If Nintendo switch is a powerful console, why most of third parties skip it...?
>>
>>381422501
Probably because its nintendo.
>>
It's install base is very small. And don't go throwing launch sales numbers at me. It's still a factor of 10 smaller than the other guys.
>>
>>381422501
Because third parties are fucking retarded. They want Nintendo to build up a base for them, and refuse to invest in the console by releasing games for it. What will happen is that people will only buy a Switch for Nintendo games, and the market will not exist for massive sales of 3rd parties.

This is business 101. If you want to succeed, you invest. Gaming devs and publishers need to support and invest in a platform if they want sales on it.
>>
File: 1487136463100.jpg (275KB, 2439x669px) Image search: [Google]
1487136463100.jpg
275KB, 2439x669px
>>381422501
Because developers are scared of taking risks.
>>
Indie devs alone will make the switch a better console. I don't care about playing CoD Baby War 2 on the fucking Switch.
>>
>>381422501
Some third parties, like Capcom, have zero excuse. Many of them have failed to at least announce that they are planning on supporting the system with a port or game, but that's still better than companies which were approached BY NINTENDO about designing the specs of the Switch. Konami has better releases on Switch than Capcom, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>381422923
>new No More Heroes
this pushes me a little closer to getting a Switch at some point desu
>>
>>381422501
Because it's not powerful. You guys can't be that delusional right. It's a goddamn tablet.
>>
>>381423361
It's still the most powerful tablet on the market. So yes, it's powerful. More powerful than the entire previous console generation.
>>
>>381423630
It can't even run the latest Fifa or the latest MH World. Get outta here. It's not getting 3rd party support.
>>
Nintendo's always been shit with third party, PS2 skullfucked the GameCube even though it was a lot less powerful, it just had more games.
>>
Because the audience expects and buys different games on Nintendo consoles. It's just the mindset put in place by advertising.

Shooters, Sports, and whatever aren't talked about as games you want to play on a Nintendo system anymore. They could change this mindset with time but third parties aren't going to since things are working fine for them already. They'll change their minds if they start seeing big numbers coming from those genres on the system.
>>
Third parties don't sell on Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>381423818
Because they don't build the market for their games in the first place. Not because it's impossible to get people who play 3rd parties to buy Switches.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.