[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played a Disgaea, aside from playing a bit on PSP. How's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I never played a Disgaea, aside from playing a bit on PSP.
How's the 5th episode?

I kinda like T-RPG, but I'm not sure IIf I'll like this one since apparently is very grindy.
>>
If you don't like grindy, stay the fuck away from Disgaea. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>381421335
I enjoy grindy.
I don't enjoy extreme grind.
>>
>>381421589
the thing is there is a lot to do after you "beat" the main story, if you dont know what you are doing it can take forever to clear the post game. If you like doing 1000000000 damage you can give it a try.
If you can get it cheap i would give it atry
>>
>>381420997
I'm pretty sure there is still a demo on the ps store. You can try it and you'll be able to carry over your stuff into the actual game.
>>
>>381421589
Disgaea fits your bill then. Main story, which is long as fuck, has little to no grind. Postgame is different but not very hard either.

In terms of Disgaea's gimmicks, the games expect you to abuse them to the fullest, and enemies use them to a good extent as well, so while you can ignore stuff like lift+throw, turning your monsters into weapons, and passing bills in demon court to get things you want, it's generally advised, as well as more fun to take advantage of all the tools Disgaea throws at you.
Also, D5 has the least grind of any game in the series, especially since you can modify your EXP gain to +1000%, not sure where you heard that it's super grindy from.
>>
File: Dimension Slash.jpg (331KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dimension Slash.jpg
331KB, 900x1200px
>>381420997
It's really good. The grind is real, but most of it has been "solved", if you want to get your grind over with fast. Gamefaqs has an extensive grinding guide in their forums, whatever your opinion of them may otherwise be.
The grind is really only for postgame. You can beat the main story, and even dip your toe into postgame with minimal grinding if you want, or none if you're good. Deep postgame is all about that grind though. If you want a game where getting a character with 40 million stats across the board is considered "A good starting point", look no further.

The plot of 5 is a tad weak, but the gameplay is rock solid. If you want the full story experience, I suggest you play 4 first, since playing older disgaea games is hard because of all the streamlining they do.
>>
Thank you people.
Is the switch version okay?
Someone offered the system to me, and i'm looking to get some games for it.
>>
>>381423930
The Switch Version is probably better. Disgaea translates very well to handhelds, though I'm not sure if the battery issue will come up.
You get all the DLC (And then some) for free with the switch, so if you can pick either freely, then by all means go Switch.
As for DLC, don't overdo it during the main story. Grab a few you think are cool, or that you like, and sort out the rest during post-game. You'll have a hard enough time managing your crew without them, let alone a full detatchment of DLC.
And if you like challenge, stay the fuck away from the Zetta/Makai Kingdom DLC until postgame. Zetta and Pram shit on the main game so hard it isn't funny.
>>
>>381424272
Much appreciated anon, thanks a bunch.
>>
This is apparently one of the least grindy disgaeas. I got the plat in about 80 hours or so, the mainstory I beat in 40 hours with visiting the grinding place like 3 or 4 times for 20-30 minutes each.
>>
>>381423217
but if you looks up grinding guide, game becomes boring very quick
>>
They're terrible games. People buy them because they like the extreme grind at the end of the game and they like the art. If neither of these appeal to you, avoid the series in general.
>>
>>381420997
I like those ridiculous and funny story like Disgaea 1. Haven't play Disgaea since 1 though. Should I start playing 5 now?
>>
>>381428559
The story in 5 is a bit lame, especially towards the end.
>>
File: What an edgelord.jpg (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
What an edgelord.jpg
412KB, 1920x1080px
>>381428559
D5's story is probably the most silly, D4 close behind it. The game has little skits in the base where a lot of endearing shit happens between the characters, I personally really loved it, especially since D5's cast is a bunch of really good friends by the end of the game, just like with D1. Your enjoyment will vary depending on how seriously you take it, as evidenced by >>381428607.
>>
>>381421589
The game's about grinding smart, not hard. There's a lot of wacky things you can do to help yourself out.
>>
You can beat the story mode without grinding at all in this Disgaea fairly easily. Normally at some point I grind my chars a little so they don't get behind, but such thing was not needed in D5.

The post game is where the grinding is all at. Your first goal is simply hitting 9999, getting your innocents and grind some more and stat maxing.

It's pretty broken and easy in this game, but there are many steps you have to take which makes it difficult if it's your first time doing postgame Disgaea. I guided my friend who never did the post-game until nearly beating the boss but got tired of playing a bit before that.

Disgaea D2 had very simplistic grinding and introduced the cheatshop. I honestly prefer that game above D5 when it comes to the postgame. I'm just missing a bit more variety like the chara world. I hope they take a step back and don't maken it ridiculously complex and time draining to max a char as D5's chara world demanded too much time.

Switch or PS4 version are both fine. I bought it on the PS4 for 30-ish bucks with dlc back in December. The switch one will be more durable for the postgame, as you can mindlessly grind on a handheld, which many prefer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.