[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the 3D Mario team will waste their time making another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: this tyronno shit for real.jpg (134KB, 553x525px) Image search: [Google]
this tyronno shit for real.jpg
134KB, 553x525px
Do you think the 3D Mario team will waste their time making another multiplayer-focused, NSMBfied 3D Mario?
It was a great game and all, but fuck it. I hate this multiplayer platforming meme.
>>
File: Hydrangeas.jpg (581KB, 1024x768px)
Hydrangeas.jpg
581KB, 1024x768px
>>381417823
These are 3 completely different series from eachother.

NSMB is Traditional 2D/2.5D Mario.

3D Land/World is a 3D Platformer in the 2D Style.

Odyssey is an Adventure Game.

I hope to see new entries in all 3 series after Odyssey.

3D World 2 would be fun.
Super Mario Galaxy Bros. could be a fun game
>>
>>381418551

But the difference is the 3D games are the same team of developers. They would have to alternate between the 2 types of 3D Mario games or have a new team.
>>
>>381417823
I hope so, since it was the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>381418991
I just want to jump on things
>>
>>381417823
I really hope they leave 3D World as a spinoff/hybrid game. Multiplayer worked best with the 2D games and 3D worked best with singleplayer games.
>>
>>381418551
>3D Land/World is a 3D Platformer in the 2D Style.
So are the Galaxy games. A flagpole at the end doesn't change that.
>Odyssey is an Adventure Game
It's an open-world platformer. Adventure games are point-and-click story games.
>>
Galaxy was a 64 styled game until they decided to play off Nostalgia fags and pretend this is the first "sandbox" Mario since Sunshine.

Galaxy 2 is pretty damn linear though thanks to that shitty map.
>>
If they go back to the course clear style I hope they pick the 3D Land/World style over the Galaxy one. But they need to take a step up still, while 3D World had generally better level design the levels ultimately still had to be compromised for multiplayer, so drop that shit, but keep the multiple characters because Toad was dope as fuck to use. Have more, even. Both also have issues where the level design is clearly biased to the Tanuki/Cat Suit in a way that the old 2D Mario games never were to their power ups, try to avoid that.
>>
>>381417823
I hope they do, just to spite you.
Also, having some breathing time is good. Cleanses the palate.
>>
>>381417823
I absolutely hope they make another 3D world because that shit was dope.
>>
>>381419565

>So are the Galaxy games. A flagpole at the end doesn't change that.
>It's an open-world platformer. Adventure games are point-and-click story games.

Please stop this meme, there are far more action-adventure elements in Galaxy and the other 3D Mario games that differentiates them from 3D World. 3D World has a much bigger focus on just platforming. That is a very narrow-minded way to look at it.

It's not open world, there are several different courses.
>>
>>381421071
Having a start and end doesn't change the fact that 3D World still had plenty of exploration in each level to find the green stars, stamp, hidden powerups, and hidden exits.
>>
>>381417823
I completely agree with you

3D World (aside from the end game levels) felt uninspired as fuck. I'd zone out every now and then playing through the first 7 worlds with a friend.

Not a bad game at all but compared to the other 3D Marios, it was hot garbage
>>
>>381423053
This post is literally the opposite of my opinion. The Japanese levels, Ghost ships, carnival levels, etc were uninspired? Compared to Tall Tall Mt. and generic field bob-omb battlefield?
>>
>>381423463
It's more of the gameplay aspect that I'm talking about.

The levels were definitely very pretty to look at, but playing through them... not so much. The levels felt very unsatisfying, and I partly blame the multiplayer.

Maybe I'm just getting too old but having 3 other players tag along with you for a level felt a bit chaotic and out of control. Dying in a level just completely lost its weight and you are easily able to progress through a level. Many small things bothered me, the game freezing every time a friend picks up a powerup, the awkward control gimmicks in some levels, and overall lack of control during a level with friends

After World 7, I just decided to play through the game solo. World 8 and beyond were superb and it's what saved the game for me

For the imaginative aspect, Galaxies 1 and 2 has 3D World beat by a large margin. 64 and Sunshine overall felt like it had the best gameplay.
>>
>>381424335
The game is perfectly fun solo or in a group, the levels are just that well designed. I really have a hard time imagining that people who love Mario games would prefer 64 or Sunshine to 3D World. Galaxy is more out there in design, but less cohesive and less "Mario". But I guess that is how opinions work.

For the record, solo is still the best way to play it. Co-op is nice if the other person is actually trying, 3 or 4 is just Party Time crazy mode.
>>
>>381424936
Many people who like 64 and Sunshine so much dont care about older Mario games.

For me 3D World was absolutely amazing. That and 3D Land were the Mario games I wanted to get after SMW but didnt get for like twenty years.
>>
>Odyssey just looks like 3D World in it's main stages

say it ain't so, /v/
>>
>>381426485
What's so wrong about liking 2D Mario and realizing 3D Mario can be much more instead of a poor man's 2D Mario?
>>
>>381429987
>much more by making it something that absolutely doesnt resemble the originals anymore
Yeah no problem with that at all.
>>
>>381430119
How does it not resemble the original?
>>
>>381430313
>no timers
>no mini mario, but a health bar instead
>completely different approach to water levels with all different controls and a breath meter
>complete lack of old powerups
>100% different level structure with few levels that make you redo them over and over rather than adding many smaller ones
>levels open instead of focused parkours
>no b press to run

Everything is different. Only thing that remains is the fact that its a platformer and that Mario is still heavily inertia based.
If they sold Mario 64 with a different skin nobody would ever say that its anything like the Marios they played before.

You might like what Mario64 did, doesnt change that its completely different and I personally dislike most of the changes and I'm glad that 3D Land/World reverted them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.