[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss it a lot sometimes, /v/ >the initial nade spam >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: Karkand.png (248KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Karkand.png
248KB, 512x512px
I miss it a lot sometimes, /v/
>the initial nade spam
>the dolphin diving
>G36E
>>
Remember #LORDOFTHEWEED# or something like that
>>
>>381411726
With vehicles or no vehicles?

Personally I loved how you could always push the west flank as USA and guarantee getting up to the Hotel or suburbs flag, because shitters wanting to stat pad stuck by the southern flag getting farmed by artillery and tanks.
>>
>>381411808
I remember a guy "killerfreak" or something like that. He was my nemesis on a server I frequented

>>381411876
I was always an inf only kind of guy. I'd play vehicles on maps with jets, like wake 2007
>>
>>381411971
>wake
jesus christ, were you a j10 baby? I loved shooting those niggers down with manned AA before the devs stupidly nerfed AA in to being useless.
>>
>>381411726
>He used the G36-E when the AK-101 existed
>>
Never could understand why people liked this stupid map
>>
>great wall with the FAMAS

awwww yeeh
>>
I do too, Anon. I do too
>>
>>381411726

2003 was a fucking glorious time to be alive, anon.

I miss it too.
>>
>>381412429
No jets famalam, once we got IO servers then there was no tanks or heli's to worry about either.

I actually think BF2 got robbed of something special when IO launched, all because of AA nerfs making jets completely overpowered. I remember seeing one phaggot go 110/0 with a F25 one game because legit nothing could shoot him down, not even dedicated AA tanks like what I used to drive a lot, and I have a 40/1 KDR with AA so I know my shit bro, for real.
>>
You can still play BF2 and 2142.
>>
>>381411726
Best maps were the armoured DLC maps that took place in USA.

Sadly because it was paid DLC not that many played it. Those 2 (not alaska) were top tier maps.
>>
>>381412429
It was the only launch map that didn't have any air vehicles.
>>
>>381411726
>Bringing up p2w as a good thing
So this... is the power.. of nu-males..
>>
>>381412429
>>381412667
Oh how I loved camping the MEC spawn at the first point with the Abrams and all those bitches would complain about it instead of spawning with AT at the second point.

By the way Sharqi Peninsula was the best map.
>>
>>381412103
OP here, I actually preferred the M16 and AK 101 but I thought posting the g36e would be more relatable
>>
>>381412429

It was the best map to grind those weapon unlocks. Also one of the few maps with really heavy emphasis on infantry combat.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
48KB, 512x512px
The El Al of BF2
>>
>>381412667
>>381412794
>playing bf2 with vehicles turned on at all
>playing to be background fodder for immortal airfags/tankfags
BF2 was the absolute worst with its whole combined warfare gimmick
Infantry only servers were the only saving point, and even then, horrible net code was real annoying
>>
Fun facts, Sharqi, Karkand and Mashtuur was designed by the same guy.
>>
>>381412747
yeah the highway one was sick af with the A10. Shame no one played them yeah

>>381412820
fuk u talking about nigga? all guns were unlockable by rank
>>
>>381411726
>You will never get a project reality 2 or forgotten hope 3 in frostbite because DICE are complete Jews.

PC gaming used to be so much more glorious. Now these fag jew companies ax modding left and right to sell their relative horse armor, turning pc into just another standardized platform.

At least I will have the glory days of 1942, vietnam, and 2 to remember.

>that asian bf2 loading music.
>>
Objectively superior map coming through
>>
>>381412895
The map was meh AF. Honestly, other than AF dlc, I did not care much for any of the DLC maps.

They all kind of sucked (except AF)
>>
>>381412989
Spec ops and AT can take tanks down no problem. You're just terrible
>>
>>381413051
>remember when games added free maps in patches.

Now you pay for patches.
>>
>>381413051
There was always one faggot who would clip inside of the rocks on that map. I loved sneaking around the back and capping the rear flag.
>>
>>381413127
remember the last patch map they released? Highway tampa or whatever? Just a giant desert lol
>>
>>381412993
>all guns were unlockable by rank
Except half the unlockable guns that was locked behind Special Forces
>>
>>381412989
Mate it took 3 AT missiles from either faction to kill a tank, if you were unable to coordinate an actual alpha strike on a tank with your squad then I don't know what to say. Jihad Jeep was another time honored strat that worked magic.

Considering most maps had max 2 tanks they really weren't that overbearing compared to the helicopters or jets that could 1h1k them. Don't forget APCs also had tow missiles as well.

Oh look. I guess there were plenty of counters and you were shitter after all.
>>
File: HighwayTampa64_BF2.png (1003KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HighwayTampa64_BF2.png
1003KB, 1024x1024px
Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you have TWO cores?
>>
>BF2
>Wake Island
>USMC
>sitting on the carrier for 10 minutes as the J10's rape your ass

Good times
>>
>>381413191
It was alright for what it was meant to be. Large scale vehicle warefare with long range engagements. Backed up by sneaky helicopter drops, apc drops into hardpoints that could be defend from tanks.
>>
>>381413127

Blizzard recently added a free map for Overwatch. Maybe that trend is coming back? Call of Duty 4 was the last came I remember having free map patches before Overwatch.
>>
>>381413003
BF3 has mods
>>
>>381413127
Considering how much DICE Canada fucked up the games patch after patch they had to do something. The free map was basically the Mass Effect 3 ending DLC, something they threw out just to make people stop bitching.

>>381413191
Used to market BF2142
>>
>>381413126
Haha, I guess you never played on proper servers, where two tanks stack on an overlooking choke and commander drops s crate on them, so they basically have x4 self repair.
To kill them with at you have to
1. have at least 4 at guys shooting at the same time
2. Have line of sight on them from different positions so they don't blow you out instantly
3. Not getting blown out by the other 30 people on the enemy team
4. Pray their commander is horrible and won't spot you forever so you could never hide or sneak up or car bomb
>>
>>381413319
>bf3 has mods

nigga please. You and I both know that is a fucking joke.
>>
Dragon valley>Karkand>oman>everything else.
>>
File: BF2_Operation_Blue_Pearl_64.png (378KB, 552x413px) Image search: [Google]
BF2_Operation_Blue_Pearl_64.png
378KB, 552x413px
>>381413191
Highway Tampa was fun.

The last map they added was actually Operation Blue Pearl. It was so-so.
>>
>>381413326
>map

maps

Also they later threw in some of the DLC maps in patches.

Also they were cool with total conversion mods back then so you could just play PR or FH2 if you had too many problems.
>>
>>381413290
it reminds of that meme map from bf3 "the biggest map in battlefield history"

>no one plays it

you almost need coordinated teams and intentions for playing those maps - like you said, they can be fun for long range vehicular combat... but we all know that on normal online servers that type of gameplay degrades rather quickly
>>
>>381413272
>Squad leader gets a helo and just hovers 10000m in the air where no one sees him
>whole squad just spawn and cap the flags one by one
>>
>>381413375
>suddenly the entire enemy team is AT
>>
>>381413475
people used to actually squad up and talk in BF2.

Not sure what happened. I think the next generation of kids are too autistic and short on attention to work together.

Western culture is doomed.
>>
You will surely get the karkland
>>
>>381413375
I guess you and your team suck as you also have 2 tanks and a commander that can use artillery on them
>>
>>381413557
>get blown out by medic spam and assoults bouncing under barrel from building walls over cover and common positions
>>
>>381411726
>64 player/no vehicles server
>join american side as medic
>theyve just started so americans are going for A
>its like its raining grenades
>all i hear is explosions and "MEDIC!" repeated in infinity

true PTSD was created
>>
>>381413563
You're right. I was part of that group. My brother and I would always be in a squad and just talk with whoever joined... those times were some of the best times in gaming I've had. Sort of an ARMA-lite. It was awesome for 12 year old me
>>
>A cheater joins the server and mass airdrops vehicles across the whole map
>>
>>381413692
I got the PTSD from "enemy soldier spotted" over and over again

but that nade spam was a truly unique part of playing karkand. good times
>>
>>381413769
ENEMY ENE EN ENEM ENEMY ENE ENEMY SP ENEMY ENEM ENEMY SPOT ENE
>>
File: 1451840797523.jpg (52KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1451840797523.jpg
52KB, 251x251px
>that feeling when you sneak into the enemy airfield
>kill the pilot spawning in the plane with the M95 and steal the enemy plane
>>
>>381413761
I could never get mad at that, it was so retarded
>>
>>381413825
>losing round
>get blown out by tanks and planes
>at our base, like 15 people in a line to get on a jet
>just lose it, run them all over with a jeep
>get banned
>uninstall the game
>>
You will surely get the karkland.
>>
File: 1491899063265.jpg (50KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1491899063265.jpg
50KB, 436x436px
>>381414214
>>
File: army_dude.jpg (40KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
army_dude.jpg
40KB, 128x128px
>>381411726
>you will never take out an entire squad with your knife and get banned for aimbotting the knife
>every battlefield game will have incredibly fucking awful netcode
>you will forever knife people and go into some fucking mega autistic 7 second long kill animation because of Aliens Vs Predators introducing kill moves into FPS
>you'll stalk people like a goddamn fucking ninja and go into killing someone only to have it reversed from behind as the guy rotates his entire arm around in the socket turning to face you and stabs you with your own knife by mashing a button in a panic

>you will never again have epic sniper battles because shitters cried about snipers being op
>you will never be able to shoot your sniper rifle again without it having 17 different layers of randomization applied to the bullets
>you will never again be able to shoot your sniper rifle when its mechanically ready to shoot and you will have to wait for some invisible mandatory waiting timer before you can fire your gun

>you will never again toss a grenade launcher round or rpg into someone's chest and have them completely engulfed in flames and actually have them fucking die
>you will never again shoot someone in the head one time from any gun and actually have them die
>you will always have to triple headshot people
>you will never again play any class that isnt medic or engineer because theres literally no point in being anyone else
>you will never again shoot a gun without a million different reasons applying randomization to your bullets
>you will never again zipline your squad into a building while another squad grappling hooks into the windows while your supplyman coats the entire building in a haze of teargas
>you will never again be squad leader and be aggressive sniper and tactically insert your teammates from your squad beacon

Feels bad man
>>
File: 2142.png (3MB, 1820x940px) Image search: [Google]
2142.png
3MB, 1820x940px
I always preferred 2142.

2 had terrible netcode, the vehicles were overpowered, and gunplay inferior. Not to say I didn't love it as well but I always preferred 2142.
>>
>play commander
>spot enemy sniper not moving at all
>call in a vehicle drop on his head

Ahhhh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lR9yayGhk
Best tank video This guy was good.
>>
>>381414385
>that optic camouflage in 2142

Has any game ever done stealth better?
>>
>>381414342
why don't play on those battlefield 2 revive server then? only downside it's that 90% of the people playing have all the unlocks so it's kind of clutch to get them from zero when everyone is rambo
>>
>>381413158
Either that or suicide runs in a buggy covered in C4 to fuck over the armor inevitably sticking around the main road, then making a mad dash for a building with a ladder. Peeking over the side, spamming Q to spot enemy faggots to help your CO... So good.
>>
>>381413563
>>381413693
Yeah because it was advantageous to have a mic and talk. Same as competitive mode for CSGO if you enter without a mic you're essentially a detriment to your own team.

COD4 spelled the doom of fps because it let any kid with the highest ROF gun get kills with airstrikes. It cheapened gameplay but the kids thought it was awesome because they were fed big numbers.
>>
File: shiro.jpg (51KB, 362x468px) Image search: [Google]
shiro.jpg
51KB, 362x468px
>people who think karkand was a meatgrinder
>because they're so fucking stupid they don't know how to go around the outside and just charge straight at hotel every time
>>
>>381414532
Chromehounds
>>
>>381414724
>implying enemy team doesn't know you can do that
>implying no choke fights
>implying commander doesn't exist
Go back to anime
>>
>still playing 2142 thanks to revive

Eat my ass ea.
>>
>>381413563
In BF2 it's really easy to make a squad of people who want to coordinate and stick with them.

In modern BF you get small randomly assigned squads with randomly assigned leaders and because the number of squads is fixed you can't do shit.
>>
>>381412895
>Unused space: The map
>>
>>381412895
TV missiles the map
>>
>>381411726

I can still remember my clan's strategies for both attack and defence

loved playing assault and c4 dude, but during the matches i would often pick mechanician with landmines block off the roads and gank people in the small corridors with grenades/shotgun

that shit was cash
>>
>>381418854
>corridors
i meant alleys

the one soldiers were sneaking past to get to the flag and avoid main road with tanks
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.