[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /v/? No, actually what the fuck went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1600x900px
What went wrong, /v/?

No, actually what the fuck went wrong?
The map design and weapons are all worse than Battlefield 3 and 4, its just so fucking boring
>>
>what if we took WW1 as a setting
>and made a WW2 game
>>
>>381407283
Having Swedecucks design a game. The people who've been ravaged and brainwashed since the early 20th century.
>>
>>381407283
Well that sucks. I played the beta and it was generic sand nigger point grab map a few times.

I was going to pick this up when there is a cheap goty type edition...i was hoping the german shit was actually cool????
>>
Nothing, It's better than 3 and kinda on the same level as 4 except more polished at launch. I adore this game and can't wait for Ruskie winter maps. All /pol/ fags getting assblasted about WE WUZ are overexaggerating and can choke on a dick.Game looks and plays great and forgotten weapons of WWI are all neat and interesting to experiment with. I only wish dice would ditch the premium program and do the seasons like ubisoft did with RS: Siege, although I paid for the premium I wouldnt mind if they handed out new maps to everyone so the community isn't split up. I'd take some battlepacks as compensation though.
>>
File: 1481561844240.jpg (34KB, 217x222px) Image search: [Google]
1481561844240.jpg
34KB, 217x222px
>>381407536
The vehicle system is cool and thats about it.

Maps are either too open or designed with to many fucking tight areas, only 3 guns are good right now, and your team will make sure to hog all the vehicles and behemoths

also explosive spam
>>
>>381407670
Explosive spam was fixed in months dude.
>>
>amazing graphics on pc
>great sound design
>alright gameplay
>ABSOLUTE SHIT LEVEL DESIGN
Nivelle Nights is actually good though.
>>
>>381407783
>fixing explosion spam
>by making grenades regenerate
>>
>>381407783
Explosive spam isn't fixed until they flat out get rid of the tank bombs

hint: they fucking can't

>>381407994
>Nivelle Nights
Good job buying Premium
>>
The gameplay itself is very shallow and has a very low skill ceiling. This is so it's accessible to a lot of people, it's an industry trend that's been going on for the past decade and is nothing new.

Vehicles are insanely overpowered. Even the lightest of vehicles take several shots to destroy with only a few very specific weapons. Planes can only be destroyed by other planes and AA turrets, the latter of which can be destroyed by said planes once the player knows where they are in seconds, and repairing them can only be done by one class and takes a very long time and requires the person repairing to stay still out in the open.

On top of taking a very long time to kill even with an entire squad coordinating fire, the people in the vehicle can just repair it without even getting out of it. The end result of this is vehicles are just ignored by 99% of players, so they are allowed to run roughshod over the entire map.

The zeppelins and dreadnoughts promote camping and spawn killing to the highest degree, and make it extremely easy to do.

It's a WW1 game yet 95% of the weapons are either experimental that never had more than a few known working prototypes during the war, or were invented at the end of the war and only saw extremely limited production.

Oh yeah, and literally half of the germans and british in mp are black.
>>
>>381408431
Anyone who bought the French DLC has access to the new night maps, not just premium players.
>>
>>381408119
>Implying you played the fucking game in recent months

/v/ in a nutshell, shit on a game without even playing it. The grenades don't regen anymore, you need support crate for that.
>>
File: 1498109194072.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1498109194072.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>>381407783
Pffffffffffffffffffff explosive spam is still as bad as it was on launch.
>>
>>381407283
Non-DLC players not being able to access the DLC maps ever for one. So few people are playing on DLC servers, and people who haven't bought can see that, so they don't buy it.
>>
>>381408569

all it takes to take out any tank is l i t e r a l l y 1-2/64 assault or support players.
>>
File: auto revolver.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
auto revolver.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381407283
I like the game, my only gripes with it are a few mechanics here and there that are a huge source of frustration for me.

>Gas in general
>Grenades have a fuse time so short they might as well be impact nades
>Assault class gets 3 grenades, two of which are supposedly anti tank but work against infantry just as well
>Grenade Crossbows & Mortars
>Rifle Frag grenades
>Tripwires
>Sweet spot kills

Other than this I love the game, I've been playing Battlefield since BF2 and I can safely say this is one of my favorites, as someone who plays medic almost exclusively I have found love in the medic rifles. They are skillful to use and hard, but also very rewarding. Nothing like getting good with the Model 8 .35 Factory or the RSC Factory and dumping on people left and right. The sidearms also feel very good, especially the revolvers.

Sure the maps can be kind of shitty, but ever since the TSNP DLC came out I've been playing Frontlines exclusively and all my problems with the game seem to have vanished.
No planes, no behemoths, no shitty ticket system, no 16/32 snipers, no tank spam, focused more linear games that create a very nice dynamic instead of constant back capping...
>>
>>381409849
t. Cuck who dies to explosions all the time

It's a world war I game, it's expected to be shitton exploxsions. The problem was everyone had too many grenades and it was very easy to get them back. It's fixed now. If you get killed by explosions now it's your fault for not paying attention. Maybe besides mortars, but that's it.
>>
Dice is a sham operation. They are handed the best engine and assests and told to make propaganda.
The question is who is their benefactor.
>>
>>381411046
>implying

Crossbow frags explode basically on impact, same with rifle frags. And with everyone playing assault all the time there's never a shortage of grenades to toss at the objective/choke.

I don't die to explosives much because I position myself well, but still sometimes they get me cause out of fucking nowhere comes mister 1kd braindead player with his frag crossbow that instapops me with zero counterplay available.
>>
>>381407651
cancer
>>
>>381410996
>Gas in general
this was funny at first but it got annoying so fucking fast because all it took was a support and a single squad to cover an entire point with gas

I actually preferred BF hardline's gas because it didn't block vision as much and you had a sacrifice a gadget slot for a gas mask unless you want to choke on your own gas.
>>
The maps are great, only Suez and Mont Grappa are shit.
>>
>>381411251
Gas was a fun gimmick the first week after launch, after that it became cancer incarnate for me.
Easily one of the most unfun mechanics to deal with.
Especially hate sniper niggers who throw a gas grenade at you as soon as they see you.
They still have negative kd and don't kill me, but fuck me if they don't annoy me.

And with the bugs like gas being invisible sometimes or it affecting you through walls it becomes incredibly frustrating.
>>
Battlefield design in general have been shit since Bad Company 2, maybe even 2142 if you want to go into the classic game territory.
>>
>>381411246
Nice counterpoint you have there, faggot.
>>
>>381411163
not this

game has zero strategy, it's just cod with vehicle spawns for the faggots who die too much, no teamwork, and no real objective besides- "go here"

the behemoths really suck too. The fucking blimp is just a big "kill me"
>>
>>381407670
>>381408119
>>381408431
>>381409849
>>381411167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qpui1hYBw
>>
>>381411481
Wrong. The playerbase use zero strategy. Get a squad of competent people and you can win the 64player match with just a squad of 5 people.
>>
>>381411732
This, I have 70% winrate and I play with a squad of me and 3 other players. And we win games very consistently.
>>
File: 1498004918206.jpg (11KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
1498004918206.jpg
11KB, 176x187px
>>381411046
>Calling me a cuck when its basically true
>>
Battlefield's map design has been consistently shit since Bad Company 2.

>Plop flags in a line/cluster
>Add garbage around it
>Discourage flanking by making everything out-of-bounds
>>
>>381412140
BC2 maps were shit as well, don't delude yourself.
>>
>>381407283
The spawning squad system is broken
>>
The camping snipers are the worst.

and the guns handle and feel like shit.

the game gets boring much more quickly than BFBC2, BF3 and BF4, even Hardline.

the game could've used more urban environments.

>>381412192
Arica Harbor is GOAT
>>
>>381412381
Arica Harbor was the proto-Metro, but at least it gave you the decency to move around the outskirts of the map. Nowadays they would be OOB.
>>
>>381412214
It should've stayed Squad Leader spawn only. Not only would it stop people from literally pulling teammates out of their ass at any given moment, the squad leader position might actually be worth a damn again.

Then again, this is nu-DICE, where everything must be accessible and fast-paced.
>>
>much smaller weapon pool
>sniping is easier than its ever been
>faggots with low-TTK smgs sprinting all over in a game about world war fucking 1
>shit maps
>no reliable way to counter skycancer other than having better skycancer

Should've been a WWII game, they'd have more to work with to make it a good game without having to rape the WWI setting even more.
>>
>>381412717
>much smaller weapon pool
I doubt you have more than 1 service star with all weapons
>sniping is easier
agreed and it needs to fucking go
>faggots with low ttk smgs
the ttk in BF1 is the lowest it has been in modern battlefield games, the ttk of the weapons is across the board longer than BF4 and much longer than BF3
>shit maps
not all of them, and in frontlines the maps are pretty alright, just avoid conquest, rush and operations
>no reliable way to counter planes
You can literally shoot them with AA guns or with your small arms. You've never killed an enemy bobmer with an LMG? You should give it a try sometime, it's easier than you'd think.
>>
>>381412717
maybe if people weren't retarded and realised you can damage a plane with a gun you are holding AT ALL FUCKING TIMES the skycancer would fuck off but NOOOOOOO let's just ignore everythinh and worry about my shitty KD so it won't fall below 1.
>>
>>381412140
BF3 and BF4 maps were great, the open maps weren't so horribly open to where you can snipe people on other points, and the close range was designed so it wasn't a complete clusterfuck

>>381412682
They need to ditch squads all together

Point based spawn with teamchat
>>
File: 1493359623191.png (20KB, 297x257px) Image search: [Google]
1493359623191.png
20KB, 297x257px
>only 4-5 weapons for each class
>no vehicles in a battlefield game
>offensively tight hipfire spread
>black soldiers everywhere for diversity
Bought it earlier this month and lasted 15 before uninstalling, fuck me.
>>
>>381412928
Hipfire is not better than in previous games.
Laser sight + grip in BF3 and BF4 gave as good results as trench weapons in BF1 do.
And the pistols have worse hipfire in BF1 than BF3/4.
>>
>>381413000
Nice trips.
One positive thing about bf1 is how they casualized sniping, never could get any one hit kills in bf4 but kept getting them in bf1.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-22+at+09.07.20).png (20KB, 730x254px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-22+at+09.07.20).png
20KB, 730x254px
>>381413284
In BF1 the sniper rifle's damage follows a bell curve so there's a range (different for every sniper) where the weapon will one shot to the chest. The only exception is the Steyr M95, that will never one shot but will always do enough damage to get an assist counts as kill.

Not only this but bullet velocity was increased across the board, and snipers were the most benefited from it. Sniper rifle bullet velocity is incredibly fast in BF1.
>>
>>381412919
>BF3 and BF4 maps
>the open maps weren't so horribly open to where you can snipe people on other points
>close range was designed so it wasn't a complete clusterfuck

This post is meant to be ironic right?
>>
File: 1299169116332.png (110KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
1299169116332.png
110KB, 300x562px
>>381412928
>>no vehicles in a battlefield game
>>
>>381410996
I might actually get the DLC due to the fact that Frontlines looks like it looks like another version of operations, which is the only saving grace for the game

Are the maps just as horribly designed as the standalone ones, and do people actually play them?
>>
>>381413421
nice rebuttal
>>
>>381407283
Whatever happened to, its ok? Not great, not awful. It is average. Meh. So what?
>>
>>381410996
>never played 1942

rip
>>
File: Tupac_and_Lisa_Frank.gif (205KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
Tupac_and_Lisa_Frank.gif
205KB, 500x656px
>>381413567
Not an argument but aight
>>
>>381413609

after Hardline, the next Battlefield was supposed to be great.
>>
>Map design
>worse than 4

Good joke.
>>
File: two for one.webm (3MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
two for one.webm
3MB, 888x500px
>>381413510
The maps of the TSNP DLC are all good, the only exceptions are when one team decides to be all snipers which turns them into a boring shitfest.

Rupture is overall very good, and the terrain makes the only tank each side has quite ineffective and easy to kill.
Fort de Vaux is like Locker-lite with open areas, it's really good but the central point can be a bit explosive spammy sometimes. No vehicles on this map.
Verdun Heights is a pretty open valley that can be annoying if people spam snipers. The central point has an underground basement that can also be explosive spammy. No vehicles on this map either.

Soissons is very open wide hills, tanks are extremely strong on this map and snipers can be very aggravating. But again only one tank per side so it's not that bad.

Nivelle is the map released two days ago and is overall pretty good but some points can be annoying with snipers and explosive spam due to the trenches. No vehicles on this map either.

On Frontlines there's also
>No behemoths
>No planes
>16p teams
>the only way to capture the point is to get on the flag so teams trying to sit back and camp will always lose
>40 minute time limit and matches can end in a draw

I don't play Conquest or Operations anymore since the DLC came out btw.
>>
>>381413767
Karkand and Oman were great
>>
>>381407283
Machineguns. They could have made a proper game where every class gives each own unique flavor to the squad, instead, it made the game easier to run&gun which is not the usual strategy picked in the great war
>>
>>381413828
Karkand wasn't even in 4
>>
I hate that half the game is fucking snipers.
>>
>>381411507
>people still say BC2 wasn't for the cod audience
>>
>>381407283
>has way too much hud
>All these prototype weapons which were not used or were super rare
>Run around speedy gameplay with no teamwork
>doesn't represent war, just a crappy arena-esque shooter
>>
I played the beta map and found this fun:
>camp the city or the base in the desert.
>slice people up with horse

But I didnt buy the game because:
>ea is full of nigger faggots
>cheating would never be stopped
>dlcs would fragment community
>spawning on any squad member is arcadish bullshit
>very odd class balance
>ea has asshole forum mods that engage in censorship
>>
>>381411167

At least its slow to reload. The medic frag is worse because it's fast as shit and medic is a better class in general. The crossbow is the only remotely good thing about support with its piss poor weapons that tickle the enemy and are only accurate when lying down or up against a wall. Even then you may as welll be playing any other class because it's still 10x easier to get kills
>>
>>381407283
First thing that went wrong was including nigger soldiers

Second thing that went wrong was including women aka THOT soldiers
>>
>>381416775
Not fulfilling your negro and womyn killing fantasies by playing Battlefield.
As a racist and sexist, Battlefield 1 is my go to minority killer game.
>>
I personally enjoy this game and think its great.
>>
>>381417103
I feel like BF1 isvery underrated on the internet becasue of vocal minority that shit on it. Everyone spews dead game yet there's circa 27000 players online everyday when playercount tops out. That's not a bad number and with continuous dlc updates the game is provided with healthy life cycle. The only problem now is that dlc's split up the community way too much but dice is aware of the problem since they introduced premium share feature. Considering theit recent changes I feel like they really listen to what community has to say, and frankly that makes me stick around.
>>
>>381412381
Hardline got too much hate imo

The only problem with that game is that they priced it at $60 and added premium

If they priced it at $40 and added the maps for free or way cheaper than $60 it would have probably gone over better. Basically they tried to treat a spin off title like a flagship and it bit them in the ass.
>>
Game feels arcade.

Too many gun perks and other weird unlocks, it doesn't feel like WWI.

Grenades, explosions everywhere.

The game was obviously made for dumb people. No intelligent person would ever buy a World War 1 game that has an american black person as its main character... and that omits to even mention the French army in the original content.

Truly pathetic.

The Frostbite engine is going to waste.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.