[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wanting to get into the Hack n' slash/CUHRAYZEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1366x768px
I've been wanting to get into the Hack n' slash/CUHRAYZEE genre, but I have no idea what I'm doing. What are the best ones to start with?
>>
>>381404003
Vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 and Devil's Third.
>>
MGR is fucking great.
>>
Assuming you haven't played it already MGR is kinda EZ but it's very enjoyable and I highly recommend picking it up. It's a bit on the short side but I have a lot of hours replaying it and playing on higher difficulties.
>>
File: DMC3_Special_Edition_front_cover.jpg (344KB, 871x1231px) Image search: [Google]
DMC3_Special_Edition_front_cover.jpg
344KB, 871x1231px
>>
>>381404274
I didn't play it, but I watched my brother play it all day, that's what made me want to get into the genre.
>>
>>381404003
Revengeance isn't bad as a starting point but it's not as deep as some of the other games in the genre. If you want the best possible representation of what crazy action games are like, your best bet is probably Devil May Cry 3. It seems like people generally agree it's the best one but DMC4 is good too. The DMC games encourage experimentation with all the different melee weapons and firearms because you're graded not only based on combo length, but on variety. Using the same moves over and over will eventually cause your style gauge to deplete but it can be briefly halted by shooting enemies while you figure out what to do next.

As these two >>381404274
>>381404293
have noted, MGR's great but it really shines on very hard and Revengeance mode. Enemies are way more aggressive and you're forced to use a good combination of defense and offense. If you learn to parry properly (tap toward the enemy on the control stick while hitting square right before an enemy's attack connects), you'll be alright.

Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 are also good choices.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.