[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting game noob here. Should I buy Tekken 7 as my first fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: promo321906441.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo321906441.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Fighting game noob here.
Should I buy Tekken 7 as my first fighting game? How do I get good at the game?
>>
File: 1.jpg (15KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15KB, 220x200px
By playing it and regularly practicing. What a stupid fucking question, holy shit.
>>
Tekken 7 is not that noob friendly desu. It requires a lot of memorization of not only your own movelist but also what every other character is capable of doing.

Injustice 2 or SF5 are better starting points.
>>
>>381402931
Learn to defend, practice breaking throws, and then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNvSwX80io
>>
>>381402931
Tekken 7 is a great game, no doubt play it someday, but >>381403242 is right, maybe start with something easier.
>>
>>381402931
you will not regret your purchase, just dont buy it on xbox and you are good to go (fgc on xbox is dead)
>>
File: Kenny-Omega-1280x640.jpg (97KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny-Omega-1280x640.jpg
97KB, 1280x640px
>>381402931
>How do I get good at the game?
Follow Kenny Omega on twitter.
>>
>>381404789
I heard SFV is shit and I hate superheroes, so are there any other games that would fit the bill?
>>
>>381408040
Fuck that. Dive in and swim pussy.
>>
>>381402931
Wait until it gets cheap, and play the older games with emulators until then. They have much more content and are better overall.
>>
>>381408240
I've been playing SFII Hyper Fighting for a couple days now but it seems kind of bland due to the lack of variety in movesets.
>>
File: 20170605051947_1.jpg (117KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170605051947_1.jpg
117KB, 1600x900px
You get better by looking at moves in practice mode move list and then utilize them until you feel comfortable doing them. Then either watch some youtube videos on said character you want to main to get more info on combos and etc

That or go online yourself and try and learn from losing and adapt.

If you want someone to practice with I can add you on PC/Steam if you want. I've been looking to practice king some more.
>>
>>381402931
play a couple of characters [preferably clear all in arcade]
choose one as main,
practice until you bleed...
>>
>>381402931
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK/Injustice have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>381402931
>>381410056
i forgot to add, you need to do reading, lots of reading [combos] and watching.

do not settle with the in game info, there are lots and lots of combinations for each character, some are do able some are not.
>>
Don't buy this shit game. Just wait till Dragon Ball
>>
>>381402931

Yes get it while there are other players like you lying around. The ranking system is quite good so you will always be matched around your skill level.
And don't worry about combos and shieet. They're pretty straightforward once you figure shit out. Your combos don't have to be magnificent to win in this game. Something very basic like a launcher, tailspin and something to end it is more than enough. Getting the launcher in is the hard part of the game.
>>
>>381404789
lol what the fuck are you smoking tekken is pretty much the easiest fighting game ever made.
>>
amazing game, probably the best Tekken ever (inb4 some shitter that gets blown by rage arts)
it's easy as shit to start mashing, but hard as balls to get good
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.