[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought Dishonored 2 and sweet fuck, why did I hear nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: clockwork.png (351KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
clockwork.png
351KB, 1280x846px
I just bought Dishonored 2 and sweet fuck, why did I hear nobody talk about how perfect clockwork mansion and a crack in the slab were, easily the best missions in the series
>>
>>381394357
>why did I hear nobody talk about how perfect clockwork mansion and a crack in the slab were
We did. Unfortunately, all discussions about the game were drowned out by performance issues and fights between SJWs and /pol/ because Emily is playable.

Those missions were great during the first playthrough. Clockwork mansion was fun as fuck to explore for the first time. Unfortunately, Crack in the Slab becomes a bit dull in later playthroughs since there's little experimentation.
>>
>>381394357
I just played those two chapters yesterday as well, god damn were they amazing. Luckily late-adopters like us don't have to deal with the awful performance issues so we probably enjoyed the game way more.

Also Emily's Domino magic is fucking amazing.
>>
>Let's make a DLC about how one of the least favourite chacters in the game hunts down one of the fan favourite characters

Why?
>>
>>381395038
i doubt the outsider is really that popular
but billy is a fucking bitch honestly i don't get it
i wanted to fucking stab her on the boat when she reveal herself
>>
>>381395038
I really doubt the outsider'll actually "die", but who the hell knows
It kills me that we can't play as daud though, which threw me for a loop since there were 2 playable characters in the base game
>>
>>381395313
>can't play as Daud
WHAT? Holy shit, what's even the fucking point then? Like you said, I thought they were gonna make him and Billie playable since there were 2 playable characters in the base game.
>>
the best two levels are literally backdoor demos for a puzzle game
>>
>>381395572
>Holy shit, what's even the fucking point then?
What would be the point of letting you play as a character you already played as in the last DLC?
>>
>>381396071
Include them both then. The base game had 2 playable characters, they could have done the same for this DLC too. Not that it's a dealbreaker, I guess I exaggerated before, but come the fuck on, playable Daud is as attractive an idea as playable Corvo.
>>
>>381395313
>can't play as daud
R U I N E D
>>
File: 59928161_p2.jpg (443KB, 1385x2048px) Image search: [Google]
59928161_p2.jpg
443KB, 1385x2048px
>>381395572
What would be the point in their both being playable? Billie's powers are likely just weaker versions of Daud's, anyways.

I'd just prefer playing Daud to Billie.

I'd have liked to see a game outside of Dunwall, or at the very least without being related to all the same characters from 1, before they went and decided to kill the Outsider. I just hope the game isn't as literal as its title makes it seem. I'm also worried about them giving Billie the Void arm regardless of main game choices.
>>
>>381398548
>What would be the point in their both being playable? Billie's powers are likely just weaker versions of Daud's, anyways.
They'd be able to avoid doing that and give Billie her own unique powers instead while letting Daud retain his old ones the same way the Corvo/Emily choice was. More power variety and also adds more replay value too.
>>
>>381398750
But Billie doesn't have her own mark. She has Daud's, which was specifically one of his abilities -- to share his power of the Outsider. Emily had unique powers because she received her own mark; and I think the Outsider giving Billie a mark on top of the one she has from Daud would be a little much.
>>
>>381398893
Doesn't she no longer have the mark because she lost her hand? She's also gotten that replaced with some mechanical hand and that can open up possibilities for new powers or abilities.
>>
>>381399038
Except for if you go back in time so she doesn't lose her arm. Which is where my concerns towards the consistency with your choices in D2 come from.
>>
>>381399126
>Except for if you go back in time so she doesn't lose her arm.
What do you mean?
>>
>>381399248
If you knock Stilton out to prevent him from attending the seance, he doesn't go mad and she never investigates the mansion: thus she regains her arm and eye.
>>
>>381399486
Holy shit, are you fucking serious?
>>
>>381399570
Yes. Killing Stilton also works.
>>
>>381399486
>>381399570
Fucking hell, you are serious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sg2g2mlijU

I did 3 playthroughs of this game and it never occurred to me to try knocking Stilton out.
>>
>>381399126
>Which is where my concerns towards the consistency with your choices in D2 come from

Billie apparently is suffering from "time displacement" which gives her her own version of the Blink ability which allows her to teleport through walls, so Stilton might have been saved but with unforeseen consequences for her.

>>381399570
Mad Stilton results in a mansion full of bloodflies and two fly keeper zombies (the original timeline)

Dead Stilton is an empty mansion.

Living Stilton results in a prosperous mansion full of servants, and the market area you came though will be filled with workers and miners instead of guards, plus Billie doesn't lose her arm and eye.
>>
>>381394357
Ok let's get things straight
What's the best Power for Corvo

And what's the best Power for Emily

And what type of chaos level do you like to play them om
>>
>>381400207
Time Stop for Corvo, Domino for Emily.

Shadow Walk is visually the coolest though.

Low Chaos normally, but I did a High Chaos on D1 once and it was cool the sheer amount the world changed.
>>
>>381400170
>>381399773
>>381399486
>>381399126
I was not expecting to find out something like this when I came on /v/ just now. Already reinstalling the game to see this for myself.
>>
Post the hideous transwoman of color from the new dlc.
>>
>>381395186
"""""""""Revealed""""""""""
>>
>>381400564
Not trans. She's a crippled, gay black woman though.
>>
>>381399126
The DOTO trailer showed her phasing though a wall, and the devs talked about some of her powers, that one is called time displacement, where she exists at two separate points in time. For all we know, Stilton was saved and as a result, armless Billie and arm Billie BOTH might exist at the same time.
>>
I don't think she has Dauds powers and definitely no Outsiders mark. So I'm guessing her arm, eye, and powers are some old magical artifacts mixed with technology? I never read the books but someone said before the sword might be the same one that created the Outsider. It would be cool if your powers ran on whale oil instead of mana.
>>
>>381401586

Yeah probably something similar to Paolo's case.
>>
>>381401586
They mentioned it in the E3 conference. Her eye is a shard of the old Outsider's eye, her dagger is the dagger used in the ritual sacrifice to make the current outsider, and her arm is made of void fragments.
>>
>>381402738
>>381401586
>upon completing the game, players will enter "original game plus" where they can have Billie's powers in addition to Corvo's and Emily's
I started out now really interested in this DLC but now I'm already reconsidering. It may not have a playable Daud but this sounds great.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.