[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think Nintendo is not allowed to remake their own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: am2r.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
am2r.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Why do people think Nintendo is not allowed to remake their own game because a fan did it first?
>>
>>381388259
Seriously?

Because AM2R still looks better than the gameplay and details they've put out about Samus Returns.

Which makes it even more obvious it was shut down so that they wouldn't be fucking embarrassed.
>>
>>381388374

It's not like Nintendo thought it'd magically be forgotten. They genuinely believe less people would play SR if AM2R were freely available and considered the definitive M2 remake.

AM2R is hardly a Super Metroid tier masterpiece though, which is why I'm going to play SR.
>>
>>381388259
People don't think that, subhumans do.
>>
>>381388563
>supporting the teal arm cannon

You sicken me.
>>
both can be good games
>>
The AM2R dev crew all gave Samus Returns their approval.

What the fuck are people claiming to boycott it out of justice to AM2R even trying to prove?
>>
>>381389808
who's doing that? i haven't heard of a single one.
>>
>>381390156
check reddit
>>
Because the fan remake will be better in the end, and was going to see continued improvements if Nintendo hadn't fucked them with a cease and desist
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
>>381388259
I don't think anyone's said that.
>>381389808
>>381390156
This might be another case of a small group being retarded, and then 10x the amount of people bitching about the small retarded group. Pic related, there were so many "HURR UNDERTALE FANS SUCK" whiners compared to the actual fans that it was silly.
>>
>>381390220
AM2R's community manager posted on reddit urging people not to boycott Samus Returns and told everyone who wants it to buy it. Almost all of the responses were people confused at why anyone would want to boycott it in the first place and that we should all be happy we are getting more Metroid. The common sentiment was "sweet, we're getting two remakes". It looks like people calling for a boycott are a tiny minority, hopefully.
>>
Because Nintendo showed no care at all for the series in the last years, but the moment a fangame was going to be released and was hyped by the fanbase, they blocked it for being released, only to announce their own remakes months later.
I know games take a while to be in development and to be distributed, but it made it seem like Nintendo wanted to cash-in the fanbase.
>>
>>381388259
Jesus that is SOME victim complex.
>>
>>381388259
Why are you making up something that isn't an issue?

Why are retards falling for this?
>>
>>381391451
Yeah, fuck them for giving us more Metroid games which is... exactly what we wanted? Assuming you're right about these games only entering development after AM2R's full release, we're still in a better place here.
>>
>>381388374
>>381391451

Faggot take your meds.
>>
Anyone who's calling for a boycott is a fucking idiot who doesn't actually care about the future of Metroid.
>>
>>381391692
I don't saying the remake is a bad thing, I'm answering why people would want to boycott it.
>>381391904
>reddit spacing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.