[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post legitimately good reasons why you dropped and stopped playing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: GOFest.jpg (156KB, 1020x685px) Image search: [Google]
GOFest.jpg
156KB, 1020x685px
Post legitimately good reasons why you dropped and stopped playing, and also why you're not currently playing

What're your bullshit excuses this time, /v/? I'll wait
>>
>>381386335

>game for 12 year olds
>be older than 12

reason enough?
>>
>Dropped any aspect of Pokemon that made it beneficial to play with friends
>Balance the 'battles' it did have was completely fucked, when it actually worked, now you've mostly no hope of knocking over a gym unless you've been grinding like mad
>Whenever you do get over the novelty of it, the grind sets in incredibly fast and they didn't release enough new content to keep up

Still play occasionally, but they probably would have had to try if they wanted to botch it harder.
>>
Did they fix anything yet?
>>
It's boring.
>>
>>381386335
Because it has no gameplay
>>
>>381386335
I live in a bumfuck town with no landmarks and next to no pokemon spawns. It's pointless for me to play unless i travel.
>>
>>381387645
This
>live in rural american
>neared pokestop is 3 miles away
>on the entire walk to it and back I find 3 pokemon max
>>
>have custom firmware on phone
>it wont install or start up
>need to go out of my way to get some random ass xposed module that will break with every update
If I have to put this much effort into playing I might as well cheat anyways considering how just by getting the game installed I'd already have done like 3/4 of the steps required to get cheats
>>
>>381386335
It honestly just got boring, I kept finding the same Pokémon and the game just made leveling up too much hastle for it to be worth it
>>
>>381386335
I've never played it. I'd rather play the mainline games and the MD games, not some shitty geocaching phone game with a Pokemon skin.
>>
>>381386335
>playing
>>
it's boring
>>
>>381386335
POKEMON GO TO THE POLLS
>>
>>381387914
same here
I'd imagine it would be more fun in a city, and even then it would probably get boring real quick.

also, fuck walking around outside. I live in the southeast US where it's humid as fuck 90% of the year
>>
File: 250px-Pokewalker.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Pokewalker.png
61KB, 250x250px
>>381386335
Because it wasn't this.

Pokemon Go isn't a Pokemon game. It's a shitty mobile game that happens to have Pokemon in it.
>>
>>381390290
I live in a city but I have absolutely no interest in walking around downtown which is where most pokemon and pokestops are. This shit only appeals to nostalgic normies really
>>
Theres no incentive for catching a variety of pokemon like on the actual games. Its only about taking on gyms which are shitty as fuck.

Also, no support for rural players. Making pokemon spawn in rural locations does jackshit when you cant get any balls
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-220916.png (841KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-220916.png
841KB, 1440x2560px
>>381386335

Here's why.
>>
>>381386335
Walking simulator
>>
>>381386335
Tried getting into Dragon Quest VIII. It couldn't hold my interest, I don't know I guess I just like more drama in my RPGs, with better developed characters and stories.

Also tried playing mega man x. Finished maybe 3 levels, got stuck at the octopus and I have no desire to go on, it just doesn't appeal to me like nintendos playformers
>>
Gimmicky as fuck and anyone over 21 realize they have better things they can do with their time including playing a real pokemon game
>>
>>381386335
Because my phone is rooted and it's impossible to play on a rooted phone.
>>
>no PvP

>no trading

>no breeding

I personally could've made a better game myself.
>>
Because nothing worked at launch and the gameplay wasn't worth pushing through the bugs
>>
I still play it
>>
Everyone I played with moved at the same time
>>
i got banned for cheating so i quit
>>
>>381386335
It's a bad game full stop.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-21-20-48-53.png (942KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-21-20-48-53.png
942KB, 1440x2560px
>>381386335
I'm still playing it. They're updating the gyms to change how they work, as well as introducing raid battles which will allow you to get legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>381386335
I'll play an actual pokemon game if I want to play pokemon.
>>
I dropped it for a while because I bought a pokemon go plus and that crap kept disconnecting with my phone every ten minutes and I had to restart the app to get it to connect again.
That and the battle system is shit.
I recently picked it up again, but they still haven't fixed go plus connectivity issues.
>>
File: DC458wZUMAAJV2B.jpg (75KB, 1137x615px) Image search: [Google]
DC458wZUMAAJV2B.jpg
75KB, 1137x615px
I rooted my phone to get rid of ads.
>>
it fucked my phone battery
>>
>>381386335
>work IT at large tech company
>need to support about 20 different buildings
>bike and walk between buildings to go fix shit all day
>basically every other building has a pokestop based around some shitty corporate art installation

I'm still playing
>>
>>381386335
I never played in the first place because I don't play mobile games and it was clearly another glorifyed meme game like undertale or 5NAF.
>>
It was only fun because of how many people were playing it. The pier downtown had tons of dratini and for a month after release there were hundreds of people picnicking out there. Now it's dead and boring.
>>
>>381400230
oh also you have to make a concerted effort to collect more balls that gets old real quick
>>
File: 1497290643325.jpg (65KB, 535x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497290643325.jpg
65KB, 535x434px
>>381386335
I never played it because i am not a fucking normie.
>>
>>381401287
theres nothing wrong with being a normie
>>
>>381386335
I'm assuming you're talking about any game we played and not jusut the one you posted.
Playing Overwatch isn't satisfying to me anymore, and I've been playing since the beta. Time and again I thought that they'd add something new and meaningful, make it exciting to play as the days went by, but all we really got were cosmetics out the ass and two new characters that are balls to play and feel like an afterthought at best. My crew stopped playing it a long time before I did, and quite frankly I don't blame them.
>>
>>381387071
>Dropped any aspect of Pokemon that made it beneficial to play with friends
we need trades and head to head still, but Raids are a good start
>>
Did they overhaul gyms? that was going to be a thing
>>
>>381403159
Yeah, now teams can't fill a gym with the same OP mon as everyone needs to use a different Pokemon; and there is a motivation mechanic so those who don't play/care enough can't stay in a gym for too long without giving maintenance to their mons.
>>
>makes mareep rare when the whole line is garbage for battling anyway
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.