[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't remember much about this game, but I remember I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg (62KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg
62KB, 250x310px
I don't remember much about this game, but I remember I liked it. Why does it have such a bad rep?
For reference, the only FF games I've ever played apart from this are FF X and Crisis Core.
>>
>>381381448
Because it's too complex for the general audience to understand.
>>
>>381381705
Autoattack to win isnt complex dude
>>
>>381381448
People expected the then-next-gen FF game to be a huge open world adventure with tons of towns and freedom, but instead got a corridor runner with severely limited gameplay at the beginning.
And some people are just parroting the old meme at this point, without having played the game.

That's about it. I personally liked it a lot, to my own surprise as well. Sequels fixed and improved the gameplay side a lot, but I dig OG XIII's cast, world, lore, etc. Great visuals and OST too.

>only FF I've played are FF X and Crisis Core
so you really know nothing huh.
>>
>>381381448
Because the entire game is quite literally a corridor until you get to Gran Pulse, which is about 75-80% of the game in.
>>
>>381381757
Autobattle is total trash, and loses to manual combos + REPEAT function any day.
>>
>>381381448
Because the game is bland as fuck
>>
>>381381858
Far from it. Easily one of the best casts in the series history, with very interesting world, enemy design, and one of the most fun combat systems. Great graphics and music too, with some of the biggest earworm tunes in the series.

13's only problem is its bland start.
>>
>>381381757
>judging a game by the minumum instead of the potential
This is why people didn't like it. They did the bare minimum and then quit.
>>
>>381382135
Not him but making an autobattle option in the first place was a mistake. There's no point in playing a game which does everything for you on its own
>>
It was linear as fuck.

At least in FFX they let you travel back to places.
>>
>>381381448
>playing Crisis Core before 7
Why?
>>
How could you forget the 20 hours tutorial and the never ending hallway? it was fukin awful.
>>
>>381381448
>not playing V and VI
Holy shit youre missing out so much fun.
>>
same lines delivered over and over again.
ended on a plothole fanboys excuse because literal deus ex machina.
autobattle a bore. only controlling one character at a time.
walking in straight lines got so boring that I wished the lines were shorter and exp gains were higher so there could be less of it. and straight lines + autobattle is 90% of the game.
25 hr story before the game opens up.
godawful pop soundtrack. Osts got worse after uematsu left.
open world rpgs hit consoles in '05, but this turd arrives in 2010.
>>
>>381382135
It does have potential but the problem is it takes way too long to let you even swap party members.
>>
>>381382023
I can agree with the visuals and music but the cast was mostly unlikable save for a few members like Sazh and Fang. World was devoid of life with no real interaction with other people just computer consoles. Enemy design is questionable because while there are some good designs, XIII reused assets and colour duped enemies earlier than any other FF I can recall.

The combat I'm indifferent. It was a robust system but the game holds back the freedom to experiment with it for so long. It's a huge downer.
>>
>>381386206
I disagree about the cast. Easily the most likable group with the most character development.
>>
>>381386667
>likable
>Snow "I willingly expose the lives of my party members to needless danger just so I can act the hero" Villiers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.