[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthr ead.php?s=ea8a3dd78280a5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: descarga.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=ea8a3dd78280a523001048c3b6976f7c&t=1395531

amesBeat: It played great on the Switch, too. But I was talking to the developer about its struggles with crossplatform multiplayer on Sony’s console. Xbox One, PC, and Switch can all play together, but Sony won’t allow PS4 players to join in on that. How is Nintendo ahead of Sony when it comes to something like this?
>>
>linking to neogaf
Go back
>>
How does crossplay even work

Pc can play with all platforms but ps4 and xbox/ninty are separated

What kind of coding would that take to separate with walls
>>
>>381379810
You're infected, go into quarantine.
>>
I'll ignore you linked to neofag.

Point is, Sony is the market leader right now so they have no reason to allow cross platform play.
It's the same situation as last gen when Xbox 360 didn't allow it for certain games.
>>
>>381380080
It just works.
>>
Sony's stance on it is that they have to protect their userbase from potential unhealthy online experiences from other userbases they can't control.
In other words there's far more kids on sony systems and they're not okay with them playing with/against those on other consoles.
Is that bullshit? Pretty much
>>
>>381380080
how i remember was the first person to join an empty server would be that host, and depending on the console they play it on, decides who can/cannot join the room.
>>
#4theplayers
>>
>>381380080
It's just different servers.
There's a server for PS4 + PC, and another for Switch + Xbone + PC.
>>
>>381379810
>PS4 and Switch crossplay for Minecraft is gonna be a thing
>Xbone wants nothing to do with it
>Switch, Xbone, and PC will allow for Rocket League crossplay
>PS4 wants nothing to do with it

What the fuck is going on here exactly?
>>
>>381380842
You're a bit confused there.
The Minecraft crossplay is Xbone + Switch + PC, no PS4.
>>
>>381381021
Wait, it is? I thought it was the other way.
Well, shit, then what the fuck is Sony's deal?
>>
>>381381108
They announced cross-platform play at the Xbox conference.
>>
>>381381108
It seems whoever has the advantage will always be a cunt about these things, what a joke
>>
>>381381108
Sony's just being stupid
>>
>>381381108
>>381380321 was more or less the literal arguement sony used
>>
Why is Sony being a lil bitch? I'm pretty sure SFV, FFIV and even rocket league itself lets me play with PC players, the most cancerous platform there is, what's wrong with allowing the Xbox and Switch user base?
>>
>>381380321
>>381381465
I can't believe Sony is trying to take the moral high road here ESPECIALLY when they house a vast majority of the Call of Duty player base. There's gotta be an ulterior motive because even NINTENDO is on board despite the potential for toxic online interaction.
>>
Why would sony not force xniggers, pcniggers, and ninggers into buying a PS4? They would lose potential market if faggots could just buy other shit and still play with the highest populated online.
>>
>>381379810
Sony is shitty and arrogant as always
>>
console crossplay fine, but keep pc players the fuck away.
>>
>>381381675
Nah man you can't talk to other platforms last I checked.

You could only use quick chats to talk to players on other platforms.

PC is where the toxic players are at.
>>
>>381381906
Xbox and PC both have Skype.
>>
>>381381675
The ulterior motive is simple. Many people buy consoles to play with their friends. If most games were cross console they'd be able to get an Xbone instead of a ps4 thus robbing them of their shekels
>>
Sony will announce cross play at PSX or E3 2018 and people will eat it up
>>
>>381381906
>PC is where the toxic players are at.
Top kek. Console kiddies are just as bad, don't kid yourself
>>
>>381381710
This
There is simply millions more PS4 owners than everything else which means when little Jimmy goes to buy a game box to play Minecraft and rocket league, he's going to look and see that literally all of his friends have a PS4 and if he wants to play with them ever then he'll have to get one too.
>>
>>381380080
there's nothing complicated about that
>>
>>381381906

Nah. PC is where the hilarious players are at. I would know coming from a ps3/360 there were always kiddies on the fucking mics that wouldn't shit the fuck up. Either that or ebonics/ghetto people
>>
>>381379810
General Rocket League thread?

I made it to silver 1. Now what? I get rekt in competitive.
>>
>>381381108
Sony is cancer what else is new? This is why everyone on /v/ hates Sonyfags.
>>
>>381382645
Do training, watch pros, play more. Diamond 1 and I still suck
>>
Is there other games to crossplay with other than minecraft and rocketleague? why is everyone getting asshurt over these simple games. It's no game changer if PS4 joins. Just a bigger circle jerk.
>>
>>381379810
I love this shit. My cousin owns an XBone so Ill be able to play with him over the internet. And my friend can use the switch whenever he is over and ill just play on the PC.
>>
>>381381906
PC has more people who use voice chat. That means more trolls as well as more good people to talk to. PC chat is more entertaining than console chat. This is coming from a console user.
>>
>>381381108
Sony said they didn't want to do it because they don't have control. It's basically they don't want to use xbox live because muh pride. They said they can't control the users on it so they can't let their own users be exposed to potentially offensive people.
>>
>>381380080
Each platform has its own servers, that are acessed exclusively by them respectively. There have been times in the past, though, where PC players have hacked into console servers and cleaned house.
>>
>>381379810
>720p in 2017
What a pathetic console
Cross play is a meme, Sony is better off alone. We are better than you guys

Sony always win
>>
>>381383478
Ponies are so pathetic.
>>
File: consoles_comic_02.jpg (45KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
consoles_comic_02.jpg
45KB, 640x462px
>Sony will never let this happen in your lifetime
>>
>>381382875
its the precedent it would set in the industry.

IF every console could agree every single mutliplat multiplayer game could be played together.

this would save niche games from dying due to one condensed player base that is allowed to play on their choice of system.
>>
>>381380080
>What kind of coding would that take to separate with walls
Not coding, contracts. The rocket league guys have already implemented the technical solution, but they need Sony's permission.
>>
>>381383671
The industry leader will never let it happen.

Microsoft was similarly bullish with Xbox Live during the previous gen of consoles.
>>
>play on PC
>psynet avatars on your team

gg
>>
>>381383826
all the rocket league servers are technically the same, if you check the top right it will show you what server you are on, and ive seen the same server names pop up once in a while on both my xbone and pc.

as far as i can tell the way it works is the moment say an xbox player joins a lobby that server sets a flag that says only other xbox and pc players can connect now, (if you have ever seen the error crossplay not allowed when connecting to a server, this is why)

basically pc is allowed to join any match no matter the system, but if a ps4 player shows up it prevents xbox players from connecting
>>
Why do console players ragequit so much instead of just voting to forfeit?

also why do they always ragequit after taking 1 goal with most of the time still left on the clock?
>>
The community is large enough that you can usually find plenty of other players on the same platform anyway. Can't lobby up and queue up with friends on different platforms. Rocket League cross-platform is literally 100% useless.
>>
>>381384381
it lets me stomp console kiddies tho

and thats what really maters
>>
>>381384462
It's not like keyboard/mouse provides a significant advantage in this game.
>>
>>381380842
Why would Microsoft not want mine craft crossplay when they own it?
>>
>>381379810
>dad works hard to get kids the biggest Christmas ham for dinner
>other neighborhood parents ask to be able to bring their shithead kids over for Christmas to eat even though Poppa's kids aren't really friends with them (same hobbies but very different personalities)
>neighborhood parents would likely leave the house a mess and steal utensils (server capacity)
>Poppa says no
>grocer that sold the ham and neighborhood parents and kids say Poppa's a jerk
>Poppa and his kids don't give a shit and have a nice Christmas dinner to themselves
>>
>>381384564
I'm pretty sure controllers are actually better than KB+M for Rocket League.
>>
>>381384564
i play with an xbone controller on pc rocket league.

but its just the thought of making all those salty little console kiddies mad

makes my dick hard
>>
File: 1475586627432.png (113KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
1475586627432.png
113KB, 500x408px
>>381384731
>>
>>381380321
>>381381108

Every Sony fan has autism and will get triggered and poop their undergarments if they see themselves playing with players from other consoles.

Sony is giving a safe space to their fans, how precious.
>>
>>381384202
This is the most annoying part of this game, but it's not only console players. Everyone I play against ragequits after you have a one point lead. It's ridiculous
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.