[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is disgusts me. And if you don't know what I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: why the fuck is this allowed.jpg (181KB, 688x791px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck is this allowed.jpg
181KB, 688x791px
This is disgusts me. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're part of the problem.
>>
Dong freeze is too hard for the average critic, no surprise here
>>
>>381367350
>Great platformer that stands as a great sequel to a great game, and will probably get an even better sequel
>83
>Great platformer that stands as the perfection in a side series regarded as poor
>84

I don't see the issue.
>>
>>381367350
>>381367350
I think a lot of reviewers were just really mad that Retro wasn't working on a Metroid so they took it out on Dong Freeze.

Also a lot of the review complained that the game was too hard so that just shows you how fucked up game journalism is.
>>
A launch title got higher reviews than it actually deserved? Stop the presses!
>>
File: IMG_1760.jpg (37KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1760.jpg
37KB, 604x403px
>>381367350

NSMBU is really fun, though.
>>
>>381368075
Donkey Kong is just fucking boring, I'm sorry. However mechanically nice these games are, their biggest draw in their heyday were the visuals Rare used, and Retro never captured what made them catch people's eye at the time.
>>
>>381367350
Seems about right. Rare made improvements to the bonus rooms, world maps, and mechanics with DKC2, but Retro just stayed with the shitty copy paste bonus rooms and bland, plastic, lifeless world maps. Not to mention the water world in DKC:TF was absolute garbage.

DKC2 had good water levels, and DKC3 had some great water levels. All games should look at DKC3 on how to do a water level.
>>
>>381368424
Bitch please Dong Freeze is easily the series at its best so far. Best music, best level design, best difficulty.

Country's graphics are ugly and dated
>>
>>381367350
It disgusts me that nintendo still charges full price for this shovelware garbage
>>
>>381368589
What? The water mechanics in Dong Freeze are far better than the ones in the old games. And no amount of Aquatic Ambience changes that.
>>
File: 1482126665003.png (1024KB, 763x763px) Image search: [Google]
1482126665003.png
1024KB, 763x763px
Any chance that Dong Freeze will be ported to Switch? Or does it work on that CEmu emulator?

This and Bayonetta 2 are the only wiiU games I would ever play
>>
>>381368681
The level of detail in the visuals of the first three DKC games is still something Rare hasn't be able to match.

For whatever reason, Retro decided to go for these overtly colorful visuals, which was a mile off the mark from what Rare achieved. DKC was cartoony, but used a down to earth color palette that made it distinct.
>>
>>381367350
A lot of the reviewers gave Dong Freeze a low score because it was too hard. It's no doubt it's miles better than NSMB U
>>
>>381369807
I can agree with this. Dong freeze is still an amazing game though
>>
>>381367350
NSMBU is the best in the series anyway, no matter the memescore.
>>
File: monkeysnowball.jpg (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
monkeysnowball.jpg
7KB, 200x252px
>>381368681
Only thing that didn't jive with me with Dong was that the bosses were a real drag. I wish there were some high risk high reward quick kills for them, because waiting for them to get vulnerable is not much fun. Especially for the final boss.

Wise made me have a damn near religious experience with this one track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QfnVS_iL4
>>
I hope for the next inevitable 2D Mario Platformer we get some inventive level design. NSMBU was fun but it felt like too much like more of the same.
>>
>>381368075
>so that just shows you how fucked up game journalism is.
If it was the same for books
>Man this book, if you can call it that, War and Peace, is simply just too hard. What the fuck was Tolstoy thinking? Anyway, a decent 7/10. Worth 10$. I recommend Harry Potter over this book though, SUPERIOR book and JK Rowling is simply one of the BEST authors of all time :)
>>
>>381369362
>Any chance that Dong Freeze will be ported to Switch?
Extremely likely.
>>
>>381367350

Will we have a new Super Mario Bros after Mario Kaer?
>>
>>381367350
Wiiu and its pitiful library? Yeah that was pretty awful
>>
One was released when the Wii U was new and people were excited about the prospects for the system.
The other is another platformer that probably could've run on the Wii if they reduced some assets and turned it down to 480p.
>>
>>381367350
You are a faggot and nobody wants you op
>>
>>381367350
Tropical freeze isn't bad at all but I think it's a horrible DKC game. The atmosphere and aesthetic is completely wrong, the controls shouldn't be like that, and you should be tagging characters in and out. Good platformer, not a good donkey Kong country. Only thing DK is the music and setting
>>
>>381371476
Source: your gaping asshole
>>
>>381373419
You'd have to be retarded to believe it's not coming. What games does Nintendo know people love on their platforms? Platformers. It's definitely coming, the only question is when.
>>
>>381373908
Did your dad who works at Nintendo tell you that?
>>
>>381367350
It's a fair score Retro's DakC games are soulless and bland.
>>
Tropical Freeze is too hard for game reviewers desu

It's my favorite platformer of all time though thanks to amazingly tight controls, brilliant level design and great visuals.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.