[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last Harvest Moon games I played were HM64 and HM: Back To

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: pete.jpg (274KB, 478x756px) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
274KB, 478x756px
The last Harvest Moon games I played were HM64 and HM: Back To Nature. I loved the former, hated the latter (mostly because it was made from re-used assets from the former, mixed up so that they don't make any sense anymore).

I loved HM64 because of how simple, yet full of charm it was. It didn't have any main plot - just taking care of your farm, exploring, participating in the village's life, and slowly getting to know each character's (surprisingly very well-written) story. I also loved that the village it was taking place in actually felt like a sleepy village, with the people living basically in the woods, and little to no civilizational advancement.

Any newer (PS2/GC and up) HM game that will let me re-live that oldschool, nostalgic HM64 experience I described above? I've been looking at some of them, but each one seems to be very plot-oriented (save the village, save the harvest fairy, don't let your farm fall into the evil hands of industrial moguls etc.), with dumb gimmicks everywhere and mechanics that don't make any fucking sense whatsoever.

Any advice?
>>
>>381365108
no, the series pretty much stagnated for years and has been struggling to find it's identity. The best games were 64 and BTN.

Maybe check out Stardew Valley?
>>
File: 18862800_p0.png (113KB, 469x365px) Image search: [Google]
18862800_p0.png
113KB, 469x365px
A Wonderful Life has the isolated experience you described. But it's so isolated that there isn't anything interesting going on in the town, and feels kind of creepy. I still love it though.

Just play Friends of Mineral Town.
>>
>>381365384
>Maybe check out Stardew Valley?

I tried giving it a chance. The gameplay was alright, but I couldn't stand all the forced memes and how poorly written the characters were.

>>381365467
>Just play Friends of Mineral Town.

I was looking at it, too, but it has this weird BTN-like character roster that doesn't make sense (eg. pink haired young girl isn't the daughter of a pink-haired older lady, but instead she's the daughter of a blonde lady and a black-haired guy).
>>
Also, what about the Rune Factory games? Are they any good? I've never tried them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.